Man city match thread

Mr X

Tough first 25 mins, but we rode our luck, excellent defending in parts (Toby) and now we've ended the second half, I would argue, posing the bigger threat. Shame we couldn't get a goal before half time, but I think 0-0 is very fair, especially considering Aguero's unfortunate card (for them that is).

Good half time talk from Koeman and we're ready to go I think. We're starting to look good now. Someone just needs to give Pelle some caffeine so he's a bit more awake! The midfield three have slotted into place now and the engine's up and running. Now its nice and warmed up we need to take it to them!

I think tadic needs a rest tbh having played every game ( i know others have too)

Agreed. Our biggest problem at keeping in the top 4 - when our star players are off form (as every player in the world is at times) we have no one to step in! I think that is why Pelle is scoring less, not getting the same service and understanding from Tadic. Let's hope we get lucky?

Shane on for Tadic at half time??

Are you posts for real, or are you deliberately coming across as a spoilt little child? we are 2nd in the league and the game is still 0-0 ffs and one of the richest teams in the world.

Not at all. We have lost to Liverpool and Spurs on a Sunday and drew with Villa on a Monday. If you think about the way we are trained and prepared for games, it might not be to far off the mark. Not complaining at all, just saying we have been better. Believe me, I am more than happy with this Saints team..... You will find me to be the most positive poster on here. (Apart from when we were getting rid of all our players in the summer).

Hmm. Happy enough to make it to half-time at 0-0. Man City the stronger team by far, winning every ball in the middle and being more physical. Our players need to muscle up and stop letting themselves get pushed about. Need to up the pace a bit too, and stop waiting for the ball to reach them. One or two look like they think we're playing a bottom-table team who will give time and stand off. City are nicking the ball effortlessly. We've had our moments, but we're relying on errors from City, not forcing the errors ourselves. Koeman needs to give one of his now famous half-time arse rocket speeches.

Are you posts for real, or are you deliberately coming across as a spoilt little child? we are 2nd in the league and the game is still 0-0 ffs and one of the richest teams in the world.

Also, I have no doubt we can win this game. At 0-0 you will not find me turning on our team!

Wanyama has been immense today. Morgan too, apart from a couple of misplaced passes. Toby. wow.

If we're to score, it will either be sub Long, or a goal from the midfield or defense. (cue Pelle hatrick).

We've been lucky so far. But what an exciting match. How cool that we get to watch this. 2nd v 3rd... and we're v much in it.

Look, I don't care what anyone says, we have just seen one of the worst moustaches of the season, and Joe Hart is lucky to be on the field. F*ck knows how the referee missed it. Even the commentators can't believe it.

pelle seems to be struggling to make much of an impact on the last few game too

Villa did a great job on him tbh, Id say Monday was more their good defending then himself though today he has been v poor for me.

Villa Id of liked to have seen him drag their CBs around though, I know he operates primarily through the middle but if you are being man marked that well then you want to give them a problem by drifting wide and deep to break their shape

We look nervous which is to be expected sadly. Wouldn't change anything at half-time - a draw would be a great result and if we can nick a Villa-esque goal through Mane or (later) Long that'd be great.

Feel bad for Tadic and Pelle - both are sub-par today, but it's also not their kind of game. Both very good players, but probably showing why they aren't world-class players (yet).