Weekends games

Saint Garrett

F**k knows why panic is setting in for them now, any half clued up United would have seen the writing on the wall for a while, they've been terrible, poor manager, s**t biggest wage earner,very lucky that some of their competitors have underpeformed.

arsenal defintely, and Spurs, Liverpool and us very probably the better side so far this season I reckon.

Is it actually true that their competitors have underperformed though? Chelsea are better than last season, City are above them, Arsenal never meet expectations, Tottenham are better and we are also up there having a really good season. Liverpool are probably the only side to have notably dropped off, and I would say that it was more that last season they unexpectedly overperformed.

I hear a lot of comments on the radio from people (particualrly United fans) saying that Premier League is worse this year - but I would argue that top teams are dropping more points it's actually that the league is getting stronger - and if you're competitors are dropping more points than you are, that means you're doing well, rather than the general consensus that everyone else must be rubbish.

Is it actually true that their competitors have underperformed though? Chelsea are better than last season, City are above them, Arsenal never meet expectations, Tottenham are better and we are also up there having a really good season. Liverpool are probably the only side to have notably dropped off, and I would say that it was more that last season they unexpectedly overperformed.

I hear a lot of comments on the radio from people (particualrly United fans) saying that Premier League is worse this year - but I would argue that top teams are dropping more points it's actually that the league is getting stronger - and if you're competitors are dropping more points than you are, that means you're doing well, rather than the general consensus that everyone else must be rubbish.

Just had a quick look at the league after 26 games from last season.

Top 3 the same, but notably 3rd placed Arsenal had 56 pts this season 8 less.

4th placed Liverpool had 11 points more on 53 than this seasons haul of 42 and hopefully that will be the same after their 26th game today!!

5th placed Spurs are 7 points down (hoping WHU hold on!!) from50 to 43.

Man U are 7 points better off than this time last season and we are 7 points better off, but please god let it be 10 later today!!

If (when) we win the 49 points would take us into 3rd place, but would only have seen us in 6th place last season!!

This really is our best chance ever to get in amngst the CL places that's for sure.

Shame Townsend off ... been absolute dogs mess. To think a part exchange for Spiderman was touted pre season FFS.

Hope somebody ties Eriksons boot laces together from the 85 th min.

YAY WHU score again!! Quick look at table just to make sure this is worth cheering!!

Hell it's Spurs losing so all good!!

Not ashamed to admit I celebrated that second Hammers goal with a little jig. True, a West Ham win brings them into the mix for Europe (41 points) which potentially complicates things, but at least it keeps Spurs off our back for a while longer.

Just had a quick look at the league after 26 games from last season.

Top 3 the same, but notably 3rd placed Arsenal had 56 pts this season 8 less.

4th placed Liverpool had 11 points more on 53 than this seasons haul of 42 and hopefully that will be the same after their 26th game today!!

5th placed Spurs are 7 points down (hoping WHU hold on!!) from50 to 43.

Man U are 7 points better off than this time last season and we are 7 points better off, but please god let it be 10 later today!!

If (when) we win the 49 points would take us into 3rd place, but would only have seen us in 6th place last season!!

This really is our best chance ever to get in amngst the CL places that's for sure.

Ok, while these stats are evidence that you don't need to have hauled as many points this year, it still doesn't mean that the top teams have gone backwards, it can equally be true the entire league has got stronger. I just mean that when United fans write off LVG as being "lucky that everyone else is rubbish", they might be missing the point that he's done well to win the games he has (admittedly by not playing that well). PS I am chastising myself for using you're instead of your in my previous post.

Oh god, come on West Ham, hold on...

From BBC site: 'Tottenham have now rescued 16 points from losing positions this season. Too many times to be down to luck. Or is it?'.

Definitely lucky today. Scuffed shot from Rose and a goalkeeper howler to even let them put some pressure back on WHU. Then a soft as **** penalty from a really unintelligent bit of defending.

Moot point, but with the injury time all used up couldn't the ref have blown for full time once the pen had been saved rather than conclusion of play??

Anyway if we do the business 2 points gain on Spurs and 3 on Man U and Liverpoo would still be a good weekend.

exactly what I thought