Rasiak to Watford

Master Bates

No surprise he's gone, a great shame that it's to one of our rivals.

Not being a funny but Watford will be looking for top half wheareas we'll be looking at safety. Just being a pragmatist.

If Rasiak can score a few winners against teams at the bottom end of the table then that would be good for us surely?!

i think this is a really shocking transfer. i really think we lack firepower now

that's a bit of an exageration.

We've lost:

Saga 3 goals last season

Rasiak 8 goals last season.

We've still got:

John 20 goals last season

BWP 8 goals last season

McGoldrick 3 goals in 2 games this season

Not to mention Lallana, Paterson and White.

No, Prem League only rule. Remember Lucketti could have played against Sheff Utd last season, he chose not to, but there was no rule to prevent it...

Not necessarily - the rules doesn't actively prevent players from playing against their parent clubs, but there's nothing to stop us from insisting to Watford that a clause preventing it is included in the deal here. I suppose we'll find out whether this has happened before the first game against them.

This seems to be a sensible deal for both clubs, good luck to Gregorz at Watford.

I can't understand why some are making such a fuss over this transfer.

Rasiak hasn't been properly involved at Saints for quite a while now, so it's not as if we're losing our key player.

Completely agree with you. Some people have made out as if Rasiak is our best player and we're doomed without him. AS long as we keep SJ, I'll be happy.

that's a bit of an exageration.

We've lost:

Saga 3 goals last season

Rasiak 8 goals last season.

We've still got:

John 20 goals last season

BWP 8 goals last season

McGoldrick 3 goals in 2 games this season

Not to mention Lallana, Paterson and White.

what about the season before that? paterson and white are not ready for the first team

I have to say that was a slightly different Saints team to the one we had last season. A lot more attack minded and playing some good stuff together in the games that the line up was kept the same.

thatss agood point you make. i just feel that even in the system we have now rasiak will score goals. he is a natural goalscorer

I've heard from my sources the future fee is £1.3m

That would make sense if the combined loan fees we've received from Bolton and Watford is around the 700K mark, meaning we would have recouped the initial transfer fee we payed Tottenham to sign him. Not to mention the 'sizeable bonus payment' we received for Rasiak's part in keeping Bolton up! All in all, providing Watford do take up their option to sign him, we've got a pretty good deal in my opinion. AND he's off the wage bill too.

Edited by Bailey

Not necessarily - the rules doesn't actively prevent players from playing against their parent clubs, but there's nothing to stop us from insisting to Watford that a clause preventing it is included in the deal here. I suppose we'll find out whether this has happened before the first game against them.

This seems to be a sensible deal for both clubs, good luck to Gregorz at Watford.

Thats what I said wasn't it? The original post was that there was a rule to prevent loanees playing against their own club. Well there isn't, thats a popular misconception because it applies only in the Prem. What clubs put in loan contracts is a different matter, though it would be highly unlikely that Saints would seek to add a clause of this type. Seiously if I was Saints I would put a clause in that says he has to play against us, gives us more chance, if our defenders can't keep Rasiak in their pocket then they shouldn't be playing pro football. Wurzel Gummidge should be able to effectively mark him :)

thatss agood point you make. i just feel that even in the system we have now rasiak will score goals. he is a natural goalscorer

I guess thats the point. JP seemed determined to go with DMG most of the time in pre-season. I just hope he learns a few things off SJ in terms of holding up play etc bringing others into the game.

Thats what I said wasn't it? The original post was that there was a rule to prevent loanees playing against their own club. Well there isn't, thats a popular misconception because it applies only in the Prem. What clubs put in loan contracts is a different matter, though it would be highly unlikely that Saints would seek to add a clause of this type. Seiously if I was Saints I would put a clause in that says he has to play against us, gives us more chance, if our defenders can't keep Rasiak in their pocket then they shouldn't be playing pro football. Wurzel Gummidge should be able to effectively mark him :)

Fair enough!

i'm not fussed he's gone but why a loan? Why cant we sell the guy and get a fee rather than dragging his Saints career for another year. I cant believe the guy has the motivation to perform at this level and fear much the same as the Bolton saga, that his reputation is greater than the player himself.

Sorry guys, baloney.

The old TSF was FULL of posts about Lazy Rasiak, uninterested Rasiak. Not fit to wear the shirt Rasiak.

I LIKED him, he was the opposite of SJ when I saw him - GR was about little flicks and layoffs, most never worked as nobody around him seemed to be playing on the same wavelength.

But the tone of some on here it's almost as if we'd just lost Le Tiss in his prime..

The fans on here weren't 100% behind him in virtually ANY of the seasons he played so to say the sky is falling isn't right.

It is bad news, but too many IF ONLY's. He didnt play well with SJ, him and Saga never hit it off for us and right now we can't afford to keep players based on a HOPE that our coaches can turn them around for this season.

He is a good CCC player, but when we sold Kenwyn and got SJ we had the problem. KJ & GR were good together SJ & GR were the same type of player. The balance of the strike force was wrong.

Oh and BTW, this money issue is not just Saints....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/2559990/Credit-crunch-makes-Premier-League-clubs-feel-the-squeeze---Football.html

we had to lose Rasiak or John for financial reasons so its good news from that point of view.

He will be out of contract come the summer so that means we won't be getting a transfer fee for him now. I hope the loan fee to Watford is significant.

we had to lose Rasiak or John for financial reasons so its good news from that point of view.

He will be out of contract come the summer so that means we won't be getting a transfer fee for him now. I hope the loan fee to Watford is significant.

I think he has two years left.

WE HAVE OVER 500 TEAMS IN OUR MINI LEAGUE AND HAVING RECIEVED £1,000 LAST YEAR FOR MANAGER OF THE MONTH

WE ARE LOOKING FOR MORE TEAMS TO WIN BIGGER THIS SEASON

PRIZES WILL BE SPLIT TO THE TOP 50 TEAMS!

LEAGUE NAME

Mini League Name: The Southerners

League PIN: 116920

League Password: 123456789

http://www.dreamteamfc.com/

please pm with any questions

maybe he will be, what would you rather?? keep rasiak, stern and davies or still have a club to moan about???

I reckon that the exodus appears to be gathering such a pace, that administration may happen before the end of the season anyway.

This is beginning to look like panic activity.

Maybe its simply too f**king late - have you thought of that ?

I reckon that the exodus appears to be gathering such a pace, that administration may happen before the end of the season anyway.

This is beginning to look like panic activity.

Maybe its simply too f**king late - have you thought of that ?

no I haven't but thats because my glass is quarter full whislt yours has the spit and dregs left.