Rasiak to Watford

Master Bates

BWP fits in wioth the system better than the other 2

In my opinion, White,Thomson,Mighty Mac,Patterson,Dyer, Lallana,Holmes and of course John fit the system required by the coaching staff. Bradley may well be off as he will not be getting a place sometime soon.

There is even suggestion that McGlaggon and Gobern will soon move into contention in the coming season. To be fair the high wages that Bradley recieves do not help his cause but then he has never really qualified as a first team striker and for those two reasons I would suggest we try to sell on.

Superb. He's gone, and we have no money to show for it....:mad:

Apart from a loan fee and a wage bill £20k a week lighter...

We've probably made back at least half Rasiak's £2m transfer fee in loan fees now, given that Bolton stupidly paid about £700k last season!

Superb. He's gone, and we have no money to show for it....:mad:

If the loan's until December and, say, Rasiak is on 12k per week, that's a wage saving of over £200,000

If it's until the end of the season, the wage saving is almost £450,000, plus whatever loan fee we'll get

Apart from a loan fee and a wage bill £20k a week lighter...

We've probably made back at least half Rasiak's £2m transfer fee in loan fees now, given that Bolton stupidly paid about £700k last season!

Megson is a mug to pay £700k for someone that is a CCC loanee and that he didn't even play. Football really is walking towards a very large cliff face when you see madness like that!

Same site that said we'd be taken over by now, I believe the OS story which isn't up yet.

Indeed. The OS wouldn't have prepared an article and put it on the 'pending release' pile unless it was happening. They do this a lot with breaking stories....

edit: unless of course they've partially 'leaked' the article to rattle Norwich's cage one more time....? Nah...that would be far too sneaky.... ;)

Megson is a mug to pay £700k for someone that is a CCC loanee and that he didn't even play. Football really is walking towards a very large cliff face when you see madness like that!

Thank goodness for mugs :) Saved us about £1m last season, nice piece of business by Mr Crouch as it turned out...

Its been breaking for a long time now. Maybe Norwich really have come in at the last minute and asked for a delay.

Great minds thinking alike again....I edited my post as you were quoting me....

Indeed. The OS wouldn't have prepared an article and put it on the 'pending release' pile unless it was happening. They do this a lot with breaking stories....

edit: unless of course they've partially 'leaked' the article to rattle Norwich's cage one more time....? Nah...that would be far too sneaky.... ;)

I think I read that the loan fee was only payable if Bolton stayed up, which they did, so I suppose it was 700 grand well spent.

Makes you laugh, so many people getting in a tizzy over a Striker who has quite frankly done bugger all for us over the past season at least, yes he scored the goal that kept us in with a sniff of the play off finals, but even that season he frustrated most posters on here with his lack of endeavour.

The best game that Rasiak had for us last season was against Norwich, when many around me in the stands commented that following that performance at full time he will probably get a hand on the shoulder in the tunnel and asked to wee in a bottle, the very next day he was at the Reebok on loan: just shows why we do not need players with that kind of attitude who up their game to get a move then just pull on their slippers and light a pipe and relax when it is acquired.

I would far rather have some nippers and a seasoned pro who looks like he could be your Grandad who visibly put in some effort playing for the team than someone who does not give me value for money.

Its been breaking for a long time now. Maybe Norwich really have come in at the last minute and asked for a delay.

Quite possible IMO, especially considering Ipswich have been given permission to talk to Ameobi of Newcastle, a rumoured target for Norwich. If they miss out on him, then Rasiak could be their next choice. This also ties in with the post from The Ugly Inside too. The plot thickens . . .

Looks like the OFS put the story up that he's off on loan then pulled it for some reason.

http://saintsfc.co.u

k/search/?searchType

=site&Keywords=rasia

k&page_id=6594&go=%2

6&refine=1&result_pa

ge=search.php&sort=s

core&option=start&pa

th=&template_demo=&l

imite=10&site=1&star

tfrom=135&startfrom=

210&startfrom=285&st

artfrom=360&startfro

m=435&startfrom=510&

startfrom=585&startf

rom=660&startfrom=73

5&startfrom=810&star

tfrom=885

Looks like the OFS put the story up that he's off on loan then pulled it for some reason.

I don't think it's been pulled as such....it just goes through a pre-release stage (i.e. it's indexed but not published)....they'll just be waiting for the powers that be to give the nod to press the 'publish' button....unless Norwich sneak up on the rails of course....

I do love the fact that it starts off as a fait acompli and then goes on to say

The likely move for Rasiak will be embraced by Tommy Smith who teamed up with the Pole to devastating effect at Derby County. In the 2004/05 season Smith and Rasiak scored 22 goals between them in the 34 matches they appeared in together.

The proposed arrival of Rasiak, however, means the deal to sign free agent Ulises De la Cruz is on the back-burner.

This means he can't play against us right?

No, Prem League only rule. Remember Lucketti could have played against Sheff Utd last season, he chose not to, but there was no rule to prevent it...

Still, should be a good thing having Ras playing against us, just need to tie the legs together of one of our defenders and they should be able to outrun him :)

Grzegorz Rasiak is joining Watford on loan until the end of the season.

With finances limited and a new emphasis on youth, Saints have allowed the 29-year-old Polish international to move to Vicarage Road.

Rasiak scored eight goals in 26 appearances for Saints last season before being loaned to Bolton in January.

He helped keep the Trotters in the Barclays Premier League, earning Saints a sizeable bonus payment. confused.gif

However he just missed out on a place in Poland's Euro 2008 squad and now has been loaned to Watford who have an option to buy the hitman who has a total of 33 goals from 68 starts with 16 appearances as substitute.

http://saintsfc.co.uk/?page_id=10446 Edited by trousers