What are you like in 'real' life?

Unbelievable Jeff

Is your new shtick simply to follow me around the board, either replying to my posts or to posts about me? It's odd because up until a couple of weeks ago I didn't have clue who you were. Maybe you do it for attention?

Yet more irony. Funny how every poster on here has an opinion about YOU.

There's a difference in being nice to people, and 'trying to be liked'. I've never once compromised my opinions on here, even if I know people will judge me for them.

Mrs T must have skipped the day when they were teaching that at Somerville, mind you she was in Chemistry and they're mostly nasty bastards .

I think it's really strange (by strange, I mean amazing) that so many of you have been on here for so long, nearly a decade, and never felt the urge to meet each other. The curiosity would just be killing me!

Some have though. Say to think I've been on these forums since I was 19 though, surely I should have better things to do with my life...

I think it's really strange (by strange, I mean amazing) that so many of you have been on here for so long, nearly a decade, and never felt the urge to meet each other. The curiosity would just be killing me!

Longer than a decade Lou............I was on here when it was TOSSA

You bugger. I was just about to post the obvious response to your original post, then saw you'd edited it before I could hit the post button!

I think my success rate of posts not requiring editing is under 50%

I just take you as you come Whelk...

I genuinely have no idea how I am perceived but you have made a fair few references to me being a troll. I think I am pretty balanced and find myself agreeing with Pap and Fry in equal measure although about 23%?of the time am just on a wind up.

I genuinely have no idea how I am perceived but you have made a fair few references to me being a troll. I think I am pretty balanced and find myself agreeing with Pap and Fry in equal measure although about 23%?of the time am just on a wind up.

Oh c'mon Whelk. I've called you a troll once, and when you look back at the statement I was responding to, it was a fairly light response! And isn't calling someone a troll just a wind up too?

Can't we stop bickering and just be friends? Please? I promise to only say nice things about you even if that makes you think I am irritating and insincere ;)

Oh c'mon Whelk. I've called you a troll once, and when you look back at the statement I was responding to, it was a fairly light response! And isn't calling someone a troll just a wind up too?

Can't we stop bickering and just be friends? Please? I promise to only say nice things about you even if that makes you think I am irritating and insincere ;)

I didn't think we were bickering much TBH. This place is better for you and your posts although does seem to turn some into drooling flirts

I didn't think we were bickering much TBH. This place is better for you and your posts although does seem to turn some into drooling flirts

They're not really drooling flirts - none of them have met me. It's just escapism. I'm a figment of their imagination! But this place isn't better for me right now, as I'm reading the rape thread and the sexism thread....bloody depressing to be honest, makes me wonder why on earth I'm here!

Anyway, you seem a decent bloke, Whelk. Have a nice weekend...

Obviously a lot of our traits are shown on this forum, but do you actually believe that you are the same on this forum as to how you are in real life?

For me, I think I'm a lot more serious on this forum than in real life, and am perhaps a bit more forthright in my opinions.

What does everyone else think? Does it bring out your best or worst side? Interested to know.

I'm basically the same, though I do go whole days without thinking about football kits when I'm not on here. I have a whole pile of righteous indignation that I'm constantly suppressing, I'm pedantic, blunt, opinionated and prepared to go to the ends of the earth to debate a point when I can be bothered, which is a lot less often than it used to be. Oh and utterly obsessed with football in all its forms. I also tend to just shut off communication altogether when I get to the point where I already know what the other person is likely to say (hence the numerous people I've had on block for over a year). I don't take myself too seriously though... sometimes.

I like it, did you get a medal? I mean, the whole world and you're up against people like Mohammed Yusuf and Ed Balls. Wow!

It's because I never quit an argument. It may look like I have done, like I've backed down, but I always come back and win in the end.

Might be worth watching out for that. While it may seem unlikely, there's nothing more annoying than me making a comeback.

It's because I never quit an argument. It may look like I have done, like I've backed down, but I always come back and win in the end.

Might be worth watching out for that. While it may seem unlikely, there's nothing more annoying than me making a comeback.

Cool, I refer you to the post above from The9. I know the The9 and he's been brutally honest in his self appraisal, I'd pay to see you two debate/argue in that case :)

I'd probably just back down unless my buttons got pressed, been over everything so many times I really can't be bothered nowadays. :o

Your description of yourself does sounds very much like me, but I seriously can't be arsed debating with people on here who are on a completely different page to me. I've got to really care about an issue and the person, to make the effort...

So basically, if I'm arguing with you, it means I like you ;)

I'd probably just back down unless my buttons got pressed, been over everything so many times I really can't be bothered nowadays. :o

I'm with you on that, it's just getting old I think. Apparently I'm stroppy, but I think I'm so much more chilled out than I used to be and let more go over my head ... honestly.

They're not really drooling flirts - none of them have met me. It's just escapism. I'm a figment of their imagination! But this place isn't better for me right now, as I'm reading the rape thread and the sexism thread....bloody depressing to be honest, makes me wonder why on earth I'm here!

Anyway, you seem a decent bloke, Whelk. Have a nice weekend...

I love my football and not been an angel by any means in the past but generally on subjects like sexism, racism, kindness the majority fall into the Clarkson, UKIP type camp and can be depressing.

Representative of the football demographic though.. Like many want to laugh if someone breaks Lallana's leg.

Still I have been called a nasty piece of work so each to their own really.

I love my football and not been an angel by any means in the past but generally on subjects like sexism, racism, kindness the majority fall into the Clarkson, UKIP type camp and can be depressing.

Representative of the football demographic though.. Like many want to laugh if someone breaks Lallana's leg.

Still I have been called a nasty piece of work so each to their own really.

Not a nasty piece of work as far as I'm concerned............just misguided :thumbup: