The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

Hey guys,

I'm from Arnhem and i can tell you something about what to do in Arnhem. On thursday you can go the korenmarkt, there is one Irish pub on it and several other normal pubs.

If you decide to stay in Arnhem on thursday and want to go out, there a few clubs on the korenmarkt open till 4 o clock in the night. Its a student city and thursday nights are pretty crowded.

The travel to the Gelredome (Vitesse stadium) you can take bus 6, 7 or 331 from the korenmarkt or central station to the Gelredome. It'll take 5-10 minutes to travel to the Gelredome with bus. Walking will take 30-45 minutes.

Thanks for the info mate. We're staying in Arnhem - Sounds good to me!

The travel to the Gelredome (Vitesse stadium) you can take bus 6, 7 or 331 from the korenmarkt or central station to the Gelredome. It'll take 5-10 minutes to travel to the Gelredome with bus. Walking will take 30-45 minutes.

Thanks for the info. Does Arnhem do what I've seen in a lot of European cities where local buses are free when you have a match ticket? If not, how much are the buses? I'll need to get back to the train station straight after the game for a train back to Amsterdam.

Thanks for the info. Does Arnhem do what I've seen in a lot of European cities where local buses are free when you have a match ticket? If not, how much are the buses? I'll need to get back to the train station straight after the game for a train back to Amsterdam.

I dont think it's free but i'm not sure, normally its 2 euros.

As mentioned about 2 pages ago, there are numerous buses running to the stadium from the station, they're free to Vitesse ST holders, or pay for day ticket holders (and therefore away fans). The bus routes are on google maps (it even shows more frequent buses in the hour before kick off, though that doesn't include the extra buses, only the 6/7/331). To get back afterwards it's gathering point A outside the ground.

You guys really need to read back through the thread. :)

BBC showing the kick off time as 8.05 for the leg at St Marys

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/europa-league/fixtures

Looks like they've just put in a blanket kick off time for all games, no way Israel will kick off at 8.05pm uk time for example.

I do think they should have confirmed ko time by now as they are selling tickets, the difference between 7.45 and 08.05pm kick can be significant when trying to make connections home on the train

I realise I have probably missed this somewhere, but are either of the games on TV (mainstream or satellite rather than internet streams)? If so, which channel?

By planning on showing at least one second leg game

If West Ham end up playing in Romania they might show both as they could kick off earlier than us, but that could mean 9pm Dutch time kick off for us, which could cause problems for those Saints fans needing to get back to Amsterdam after the game

Those who have purchased 122 have done well as its literally right next to the away allocated blocks in the main stand

It's not the main stand that's opposite where the players come out, exec boxes/VIP seats. They're all single tiered stands but upper and lower sections, if you are right about them reserving blocks 223 and 224 then they are upper section seats, Saints fans on here have been buying up lower in neighbouring blocks. Segregating nightmare.

Good find, let's hope we show the Dutch equal respect.

For info. Here are the train times from Arnhem back to Amsterdarm.

y9CGMi2.png

There is one at 00:01 but requires 3 changes and takes 2:41 so might as well get a taxi and split the cost.

The 23.37 will be too early if its a close tie.

If we suppose its a 9.00 kick off (8pm UK time) the game will finish at 10.50.

Extra time takes us upto 11.25

Penalties takes us upto 11.35

Would they keep Saints fans in after the game?

Then you need to get back to the station

If anyone wants a twin room in a 4 star hotel Amsterdam let me know. I've booked Weds and Thursday in Dam but now looking to stay in Arnhem on the Thursday. Paid over £100 non refundable but will settle for £60 if someone wants it. PM me if interested. It's right by central station and red light district - so spot on location

The 23.37 will be too early if its a close tie.

If we suppose its a 9.00 kick off (8pm UK time) the game will finish at 10.50.

Extra time takes us upto 11.25

Penalties takes us upto 11.35

Would they keep Saints fans in after the game?

Then you need to get back to the station

I'm confused, wouldn't the kick off be 8pm CET, and the trains also running CET? With that assumption the trains would be manageable.

kick off times were 20:05 British time last year for UK and central Europe fixtures. Assume it's the same this year.

The kickoff times for the group stage onwards are fixed by UEFA at 19:00 and 21:05 CET (18:00 and 20:05 UK time), but the times for the qualifying rounds are up to the home club to determine. Eredivisie midweek games tend to kick off at 20:00 local time, I don't see why Vitesse would want to change that, really.

The kickoff times for the group stage onwards are fixed by UEFA at 19:00 and 21:05 CET (18:00 and 20:05 UK time), but the times for the qualifying rounds are up to the home club to determine. Eredivisie midweek games tend to kick off at 20:00 local time, I don't see why Vitesse would want to change that, really.

I think it's TV companies rather than Vitesse that may choose to change the kick off time

I think it's TV companies rather than Vitesse that may choose to change the kick off time

I'd say it's good that the Europa matches after the qualifiers are fixed kick off times, but in practice some of those were 5pm, so hardly ideal. Plus there's still time differences scattering matches all over the evening anyway.

We have also got blocks 223 and 224 so should be more than 1200

17wv2u.jpg

If our 'overspill' is tucked up at the back of the Oost Stand in blocks 223-224 both Saints sections will be totally unaware of each other.

Looks a bit like Wigan with the corners boxed in - new stadium and you can still get 'restricted view' with pillars! Nice stadium though, looks like it would produce an intense atmosphere.

17wv2u.jpg

If our 'overspill' is tucked up at the back of the Oost Stand in blocks 223-224 both Saints sections will be totally unaware of each other.

Looks a bit like Wigan with the corners boxed in - new stadium and you can still get 'restricted view' with pillars! Nice stadium though, looks like it would produce an intense atmosphere.

What a waste those walls in the corners are.

If it's designated overspill I can't see any issues with fans in the home end wanting to move over if the want to...we will see when the go on sale

And the Saints fans that have already bought in 120-122 will probably be pushed over into Blocks 123-124 to keep them all contained.

Can't believe how late the club are leaving it to announce travel plans. Loads have booked already.

Do you mean the club's travel plans for fans, or the actual ticketing?

They did say they'd have some kind of travel club thing, but when it's as easy as it is to get to, they might struggle to put together a competitive package.

Also, there's every chance we've all booked the hotels. :D

Can't believe how late the club are leaving it to announce travel plans. Loads have booked already.

If anybody is genuinely waiting for club-organised travel rather than doing it themselves then they're seriously cutting their nose off to spite their face - it's going to cost a lot more than booking it straight away yourself would have done, and it's probably not going to be particularly convenient. And that's assuming the club is actually able to offer anything at all.

If anybody is genuinely waiting for club-organised travel rather than doing it themselves then they're seriously cutting their nose off to spite their face - it's going to cost a lot more than booking it straight away yourself would have done, and it's probably not going to be particularly convenient. And that's assuming the club is actually able to offer anything at all.

I would guess it's more people waiting to see if they can get a ticket before finalising plans.

Yeah, you'd have to be some kind of mentalist to sit around waiting to see if there are special Saints-branded tents for you in the Gelredome car park or something. :D

Agree with that Steve. We booked straight away & have flights with 3 nights accommodation for less that £200!

I would guess it's more people waiting to see if they can get a ticket before finalising plans.

Anyone who thinks they have the remotest chance of getting a ticket should have been booking something the second the draw was made.

Waiting is just going to cost a heap o'cash as the price of travel and accommodation goes up.

If someone is a borderline ticket case, there are plenty here investing a whole £10 in a home end ticket just in case - which is a much more sensible attitude than hoping someone else sorts it all out for you, to be honest.

Ten quid spent ensuring you'll have a valid ticket to get in and can go and buy cheaper travel and hotels, or sit around waiting for the club to maybe provide a ticket package? No brainer.

Agree with that Steve. We booked straight away & have flights with 3 nights accommodation for less that £200!

I did the same, flights about £150 pp, return train about £25 pp, hotel was no more than £25 pp per night. Got somewhere in the vicinity of 8-10 aways last season depending on what counts, so happy enough with our chances of a ticket. :)

Book getting there, worry about the ticket later, especially if you're 99% sure you'll get one.

My main concerns with European matches are that if we get through, the PlayOff round draw is going to be the lunchtime the day after when loads of us will still be in the Netherlands! Still, that nearly happened this week with the 2nd Qualifying Round concluding whilst we were in Rotterdam.

Tickets for Vitesse away will most probably go on sale on Thursday/Friday when a lot of us are going to be in Rotterdam for the Feyenoord game. Remember when we went to Bucherest they sold tickets for Chelsea away.

I had the pleasure of getting a train from South Wales to St Mary's to collect my Bucharest ticket in person on a Saturday morning because they wouldn't post them out.

Usual 2 hour train, took 4 hours one way via Eastleigh and bus replacement... went to the club shop to find they'd sold out of the UEFA Cup shirts but they found me one from player's stock!

I managed to just about get back in time for the Wales match in Cardiff in the evening - and then had the actual trip to Bucharest (can't actually remember where I flew from!) all of 4 days later. Just getting the bloody ticket was an odyssey. :o

Speaking of home shirts, no news from the club on a European shirt, and I know we're not allowed to wear striped backs, I wonder if they'll just produce some with red top halves on the back for the players, or if they'll try and wear the green kits home and away?

Bought tickets for the home game earlier, like the fact it gets added to the season ticket so you just swipe in as per normal.

Similar here, ticket added to membership card, except that said membership card has not yet arrived! Anyone else in the same position

Similar here, ticket added to membership card, except that said membership card has not yet arrived! Anyone else in the same position

mine added to my season ticket card which hasn't arrived yet, sure it will be fine

So how many aways from last season do people think we'll need?

educated guess is that anything 8 and above is a definite, 7 is a should, above 6 more than likely, 5/4 touch and go, anything less is a definite no.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})