RELEASED: Dani Osvaldo - Official

Saint-Armstrong

I'm amazed at the £25M figure as that would push his wages towards £100K a week ! I would have guessed that Cortese blew the budget with £80K or so as Ramirez is on £75K a week.

I see that scumball Alex Crookof****e making a big deal of it on twitter.

Austin-Powers-Dr-Evil-How-About-No-Reaction-Face.jpg

There is no way on Earth we'd have done that. Pay him two years wages up front and send him off to go and earn even more money at another club? In Osvaldo's dreams maybe.

Whatever we've given him it is clearly a better deal than hanging on to him and making money from loaning him out and getting someone else to pay half his wages. I'd be surprised if we gave him much more than a couple of months pay, with a view to him joining Boca.

I sincerely hope that you are right but Osvaldo holds quite a lot of cards in this negotiation and that would chime with the £25m quotes (if they are remotely true - a big if i would concede). It is really quite nauseating that he might walk away with anything other than the collective opprobrium of all saints fans

I'm amazed at the £25M figure as that would push his wages towards £100K a week ! I would have guessed that Cortese blew the budget with £80K or so as Ramirez is on £75K a week.

I see that scumball Alex Crookof****e making a big deal of it on twitter.

25m outlay = 60k a week.

Include the transfer fee too.

Edited by Colinjb

Wages = £96k

If the figures are right and osvaldo has cost us £25m then the amount of money wasted by the peoples chairman must be getting near on £100m. A similar figure for Ramirez, plus the other not so expensive failures like Mayuka and Forren, the over spending to the tune of £15-£20m on the training ground and the off shore loans, legal costs as well as his own wage and expenses which put him up there with the best paid chairmen in the county. Add in the lack of income he was generating then the picture isn't pretty.

I remember the days when people used to insist he was a great businessman, let's hear the case for that now.

If the figures are right and osvaldo has cost us £25m then the amount of money wasted by the peoples chairman must be getting near on £100m. A similar figure for Ramirez, plus the other not so expensive failures like Mayuka and Forren, the over spending to the tune of £15-£20m on the training ground and the off shore loans, legal costs as well as his own wage and expenses which put him up there with the best paid chairmen in the county. Add in the lack of income he was generating then the picture isn't pretty.

I remember the days when people used to insist he was a great businessman, let's hear the case for that now.

Training ground overspend = £24-25m Del. Car crash stuff.

"fighting with Fonte" !!!! This wasn't a playground spat between 6 yo. Talk about re-writing history.

I don't like the thought of him playing for us, but I would hate the thought of Fonte coming up against him. Someone would be getting a red card!

talkSport just said he got a £6m pay off. I can't believe that as that is prob paying his contract up in full for the remaining 2 years. If that was the case, then we might as well keep his registration and let him click his heels in hope that we could recoup something somewhere down the line.

Where do all these people get their figures and if anyone is ITK, maybe now is the time to actually say what's what.

talkSport just said he got a £6m pay off. I can't believe that as that is prob paying his contract up in full for the remaining 2 years. If that was the case, then we might as well keep his registration and let him click his heels in hope that we could recoup something somewhere down the line.

Where do all these people get their figures and if anyone is ITK, maybe now is the time to actually say what's what.

Well given that it's talksport...

hqdefault.jpg

I wouldn't mind betting he's been paid the vast majority of what he would have earned at Saints over the course of the last two years of his deal. What would be his motivation to accept a nominal amount?

I wouldn't mind betting he's been paid the vast majority of what he would have earned at Saints over the course of the last two years of his deal. What would be his motivation to accept a nominal amount?

Because he can go and sign for another club and earn even more from them.

More to the point, what is Saints motivation to give him 2 years wages up front when we could have saved money loaning him out.

Because he can go and sign for another club and earn even more from them.

More to the point, what is Saints motivation to give him 2 years wages up front when we could have saved money loaning him out.

If he could do that we may as well have loaned him out?

I suspect the market for him is tiny?

Contrary to what everybody believes, he doesn't hold all of the cards in this situation. Let's remember, he violently assaulted a colleague. In any other walk of life that would be grounds for instant, summary dismissal and termination of contract. If I did it to one of my work colleagues, I would be out the door so fast my feet wouldn't touch the ground.

Now, the club obviously didn't take this course of action at the time due to the fact that he, as our most expensive signing ever, represented too much of a financial investment to just cut their losses. They tried very hard to get somebody to take him off our hands so that we could recoup some of that investment, but he managed to screw up every opportunity he had at any other club and it became obvious that we would never get any kind of transfer fee for him.

It seems to me that because of the passage of time since the incident with Fonte, the club may have felt that to just 'sack' him now might have left them open to litigation from the player / his agent, and therefore decided it was best to come to a settlement with him instead.

What ever fine he got for Newcastle and Jose it would have only been 2 weeks wages max as that is the maximum permissible.

With players seemingly holding all the cards plus a few extras up their sleeves, you would hope in the time that has elapsed the club have been able to armour their backsides enough to pull the plug on this waste of space at the minimum of expense.

I thought it was in line with his suspension of 8 games so about 6 weeks of wages blown, hence why he hasn't been seen at the club since if there has been no contrition on his part.

If he could do that we may as well have loaned him out?

I suspect the market for him is tiny?

The point is there is absolutely no motivation for Saints to just pay him up for 2 years. Even if we sent him of on loan for the next year and still paid 90% of his wages, it's better than what you're suggesting.

I've no idea what the severance package is but £6mil is a years salary plus a million.

Wages = £96k

I've no idea what the severance package is but £6mil is a years salary plus a million.

Where are you getting that figure? Those are Liverpool or Arsenal wages I can't believe we'd be so reckless after 1 year in the Premier League.

Every other report I've seen was in the region of £60k. That fits with the £6m and £25m reports but TBH that just sounds like someone doing easy maths as opposed to actual inside knowledge of the deal.

Where are you getting that figure? Those are Liverpool or Arsenal wages I can't believe we'd be so reckless after 1 year in the Premier League.

Every other report I've seen was in the region of £60k. That fits with the £6m and £25m reports but TBH that just sounds like someone doing easy maths as opposed to actual inside knowledge of the deal.

I posted on here last April that the staplewood spend had gone from to £38m from £14m. That was 6 months or so before the figures became public. If he's received £6mil it's a years income plus a mil.

• 2 weeks later...