Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-68822846

'"I never falsely suggested anything," Simeon Boikov tells me.

Under the alter ego "Aussie Cossack", he posted untrue speculation that a 20-year-old Jewish university student was the attacker who had stabbed and killed five women and one man at a Westfield shopping centre in Sydney.

He said on X: "Unconfirmed reports identify the Bondi attacker as Benjamin Cohen. Cohen? Really? And to think so many commentators tried to initially blame Muslims ''

20 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Not only were the Sydney police quick to dispel any idea that the motive of the attack was extremist terrorism (if anything he was targeting women) but here is the kicker, the one male killed was security guard Faraz Tahir. Faraz was a Muslim immigrant from Pakistan. You won’t hear that from Batman though.

Why did you feel the need to bring his religion into it?

It's clear that the ONLY reason he was killed was because he was a security guard in the shopping centre were a nutter was trying to kill people.  He was trying to do his job.

Funny how assumptions are now seen to be something people should be cancelled for. Same people who clamour for it probably claim they cannot tell black people from white people as they have such a pure mindset

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Did your twitter feed suggest that ? 😉

Nope. I don't have one.

I guess it's just my natural racism to assume that a priest in an orthodox church being attacked by someone who the police are going to great measures not to release the religion of, whilst confirming the attack was a terrorist incident, will eventually be confirmed as a Muslim.

It could be something else though.

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Nope. I don't have one.

I guess it's just my natural racism to assume that a priest in an orthodox church being attacked by someone who the police are going to great measures not to release the religion of, whilst confirming the attack was a terrorist incident, will eventually be confirmed as a Muslim.

Given the reported differences between the Bishop and other factions of the Assyrian Orthodox Church I am wondering if this is more of a "domestic'. Certainly, the Police are saying the lad has a history of knife offences.

48 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Nope. I don't have one.

What is more concerning to you? The possible religion of a psycho 15 year old or the possible genocide we are witnessing in Gaza? If this boy is found to be a Muslim, does that mitigate the IDFs actions against tens of thousands of innocent civilians?

19 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

What is more concerning to you? The possible religion of a psycho 15 year old or the possible genocide we are witnessing in Gaza? If this boy is found to be a Muslim, does that mitigate the IDFs actions against tens of thousands of innocent civilians?

what a fucking stupid question. You really are an oddball. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Nope. I don't have one.

So having asked SoG why he felt the need to introduce religion, why have you?

I'll wait to see what the facts are before making any assumptions about the assailant. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

The first, definitely the first. If that's not the same for everyone else, they need their heads looking at.

P.s there's already a thread for your sanctimonious Gaza lectures, please try and keep them there.

46 minutes ago, egg said:

So having asked SoG why he felt the need to introduce religion, why have you?

I'll wait to see what the facts are before making any assumptions about the assailant. 

Because the person attacked was a priest, who was doing his job - being a priest!

That job and religion go hand in hand and one can't exist without the other.

Surely you can recognise that religion in that context is enormously different to which religion a security guard in a shopping mall might practice?

9 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What are you more concerned with, an oddball on a forum or millions of starving African’s? 

whichever enables me to be most pious on a football forum.

Edited by Turkish

39 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Because the person attacked was a priest, who was doing his job - being a priest!

That job and religion go hand in hand and one can't exist without the other.

Surely you can recognise that religion in that context is enormously different to which religion a security guard in a shopping mall might practice?

That's the religion of the victim. You also mentioned the possibile religion of the perpetrator. If it's relevant, we'll be told. 

20 minutes ago, egg said:

That's the religion of the victim. You also mentioned the possibile religion of the perpetrator. If it's relevant, we'll be told. 

My comment to soggy was regarding the religion of the victim, which wasn't relevant.

The religion of the perpetrator is assumed given the police have called it a terrorist act, which would make it very relevant.

Not sure why you are confused by this, the two attacks are not the same.

9 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

A side issue, but it's not a shopping center security guard's job to defend against an knife attacker. Just saying.

Very true.  Not sure anyone has claimed it is.  The only reason he was involved is because he happened to be at work when the nutter attacked people. Just saying.

9 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I'm going to make an assumption that this one was more likely to be a Muslim versus Jews incident...

I suspect a Bishop in the Assyrian Orthodox Church would be Christian...

43 minutes ago, saintsdan said:

I suspect a Bishop in the Assyrian Orthodox Church would be Christian...

I suspect you're right - I missed that bit when I read it earlier and just saw 'orthodox'.

Still, I guess that leaves the Muslim versus Christian millennia old feud or the similarly aged Christian on Christian fight!