Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

55 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Yep, fair points.

I guess I just lazily assumed because it was timed to coincide with remembrance services that it would be IRA-related, given that tensions are rising again following Brexit.

But I've seen the video now and realise it was a suicide bomber, and that's not their style at all so it's more likely IS.

Have to wait for more as it's reported I guess. Will be interesting to hear the cabbie's full story.

If it was Irish they would have blown up as they are stupid and it would be a mistake not because of fanaticism. 
I thought straight to Islamic extremists to be honest - although SOG wasn’t here to tell me not to jump to conclusions. 

the Irish comment was a joke btw before people start wetting themselves.

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

Get a job

That’s a rather tantric insult, I didn’t realise Sting was a registered user on here.

19 minutes ago, whelk said:

If it was Irish they would have blown up as they are stupid and it would be a mistake not because of fanaticism. 
I thought straight to Islamic extremists to be honest - although SOG wasn’t here to tell me not to jump to conclusions. 

Just for reference, where do they do their grocery shopping? This seems to have replaced IQ as the de facto intelligence scale.

1 hour ago, whelk said:

I was here Whelk and didn’t comment but thanks for dragging me into it anyway.

It sounds like the claims of heroism might be wide if the mark. It seems like the bomb went off early and the taxi driver was lucky to get out of the cab alive.

Edited by sadoldgit
Ad

1 hour ago, Fan The Flames said:

The dead bomb maker has been named, Emad al Swealmeen, another religious nutter.

Has to go down in history as the Word’s shittest jihadi. I guess you miss out on the 72 virgins if you fuck it up and just kill yourself and wreck a scouser’s taxi.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Has to go down in history as the Word’s shittest jihadi. I guess you miss out on the 72 virgins if you fuck it up and just kill yourself and wreck a scouser’s taxi.

This guy was pretty shit. Two non-fatal stabbings when in crowded high street seems a very poor return before getting shot dead.

https://news.sky.com/story/streatham-attack-terrorist-sudesh-amman-was-lawfully-killed-by-undercover-police-jury-finds-12384434

3 hours ago, aintforever said:

TBF he’s probably not even the biggest wanker who’s been in that taxi.

• 1 year later...

Wasn’t really sure what thread to post this on but has anyone been watching once upon a time in Northern Ireland?

brilliant series with members of the IRA, UFF catholic and Protestant families giving their stories of life in Northern Ireland back then. 

really interesting. Hard to believe this was going on so closely so recently. 

29 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Wasn’t really sure what thread to post this on but has anyone been watching once upon a time in Northern Ireland?

brilliant series with members of the IRA, UFF catholic and Protestant families giving their stories of life in Northern Ireland back then. 

Back in the 80s we used to holiday regularly in Portpatrick in Scotland. Due to geography it was easier to watch Ulster TV than Scotiish, and the regional news had many more stories of bombings, shootings, etc than ever made the media on the mainland.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

Back in the 80s we used to holiday regularly in Portpatrick in Scotland. Due to geography it was easier to watch Ulster TV than Scotiish, and the regional news had many more stories of bombings, shootings, etc than ever made the media on the mainland.

You should watch it. It’s fascinating. I had no idea of things like the Shankhill Butchers, or what they did to people found having relationships with people on the opposite side. Lots of very open and honest stories from people involved. 

On 15/11/2021 at 20:51, aintforever said:

72 virgins does have the negative of 72 mother in laws

On 01/06/2023 at 23:21, Turkish said:

You should watch it. It’s fascinating. I had no idea of things like the Shankhill Butchers, or what they did to people found having relationships with people on the opposite side. Lots of very open and honest stories from people involved. 

I'm halfway through and,agree,absolutely fascinating. Had never heard of 'Bloody Friday'. Sunday yes, Friday no. Ultimately it's a horrible example of how differences (religion always seems to be involved) can snowball into dislike and then pure fucking hatred.

Edited by stknowle

5 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

I’ve been to Annecy a couple of times, it’s a beautiful, picturesque Alpine town. Hard to imagine something so f**ked up happening there.

Wondering if the perpetrator will be one of Merkle's millions (he's reportedly a Syrian who has refugee status) - feels like it could easily be some deranged lone wolf extremist that's snuck into Europe and waited to strike, ditto radicalised by one. The reports of pushing adults out the way to specifically get to the kids its horrific.

Edited by Saint86

5 minutes ago, whelk said:

Which way will SOG go? Syrian (good) Christian (bad) 

Braverman has made a statement, have to find a way to criticise that.

What sort of sick fuck goes into a playground stabbing toddlers? I didnt realise they were so young? Kids of 2, 3 and 4 years old FFS. The guy is a syrian with Swedish papers who was training to be a nurse, split up from his wife not long ago and has a child the same age as the kids he stabbed. 

9 minutes ago, whelk said:

Just see footage on Sky. Would like to think if found myself in that situation I would try and take down the cunt. But guess never know until it happens and you were confronted 

https://news.sky.com/story/several-injured-including-children-in-knife-attack-in-southeast-france-12898693

yeah difficult to say unless you're there. However maximum damage is needed here, not haymaker punches, those lads with the bags could have used them to keep him out of strike range, or used them to swing to get the knife out of his grip, Then when he lost it grab hold of the cunt and go for the eyes, throat or bollocks or bite a chunk out of his cheek, neck or bite his ear or nose off. 

On 08/06/2023 at 17:59, Turkish said:

yeah difficult to say unless you're there. However maximum damage is needed here, not haymaker punches, those lads with the bags could have used them to keep him out of strike range, or used them to swing to get the knife out of his grip, Then when he lost it grab hold of the cunt and go for the eyes, throat or bollocks or bite a chunk out of his cheek, neck or bite his ear or nose off. 

Man after me own heart

6 minutes ago, whelk said:

Is the incident in Nottingham terror related?

Seems not as police saying they’re all linked. 2 people found dead in one area at 4am, another in a different area a bit later then he tried running 3 people over in the city centre. Arrested someone for murder 

On 08/06/2023 at 17:59, Turkish said:

Id like to think, in an open space where alternative weapons (sticks, branches, stones, rocks a fucking dustbin) must be available, and where other parents are present, that Id have more than enough motivation to stop the cunt, or atleast try

I couldn’t live with myself if I stood by and my own or even anyone elses kids were seriously injured

21 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Id like to think, in an open space where alternative weapons (sticks, branches, stones, rocks a fucking dustbin) must be available, and where other parents are present, that Id have more than enough motivation to stop the cunt, or atleast try

I couldn’t live with myself if I stood by and my own or even anyone elses kids were seriously injured

yep same. Even just picking up some gravel and chucking it in his eyes, or a bottle of water over the face, just to give you the second to stun him to enable a few seconds to distract them. When i used to train in Krav Maga they teach you that in those sort of situations get it over quickly as possible with the most damage you can inflict. I mean, you might be in a lot of trouble if you bit someones ear off or took a chuck out of their neck in a street fight, but you'll get a medal of honour if you did it protecting a load of kids from a knife wielding lunatic 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

yep same. Even just picking up some gravel and chucking it in his eyes, or a bottle of water over the face, just to give you the second to stun him to enable a few seconds to distract them. When i used to train in Krav Maga they teach you that in those sort of situations get it over quickly as possible with the most damage you can inflict. I mean, you might be in a lot of trouble if you bit someones ear off or took a chuck out of their neck in a street fight, but you'll get a medal of honour if you did it protecting a load of kids from a knife wielding lunatic 

Yeah pretty much, Ive not done Krav but have done a bit of BJJ in my time, which is possibly a bit useless to an extent in this instance but once the knifes gone it comes into its own

Agree though, these situations I imagine pay to stop him however you can, as quickly as possible, and surely if there’s more than one of you up to the task throwing shit etc at him that shouldn’t be a mammoth task, the issue arises when everyone decides to just run but I do appreciate people will be scared etc

Like you say they have bags, if one or two of them came in swinging surely they’d likely be ok

17 hours ago, Smirking_Saint said:

I think I read on twitter (although im absolutely unfamiliar with Nottingham) that it was an area known for drug dealing etc so could be drug related

two 19 year old students coming back from a party and a 50 odd year old bloke, they are saying it was random attacks. 31 year old bloke arrested. African immigrant.

33 minutes ago, Turkish said:

two 19 year old students coming back from a party and a 50 odd year old bloke, they are saying it was random attacks. 31 year old bloke arrested. African immigrant.

😬

It is an odd time of night for a terrorist attack though, opportunistic though I imagine

Poor fuckers

13 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

😬

It is an odd time of night for a terrorist attack though, opportunistic though I imagine

Poor fuckers

they are saying it's not terror related, just a randomer, rumour is he had a history of violence. Two 19 year old students coming back from an end of year party FFS.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

they are saying it's not terror related, just a randomer, rumour is he had a history of violence. Two 19 year old students coming back from an end of year party FFS.

Dreadfully sad. Poor things in wrong place at wrong time. Not necessarily time to make political point but mental health issues so underfunded in this country now. Loads of potentially dangerous people out there who need help before they break

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

Dreadfully sad. Poor things in wrong place at wrong time. Not necessarily time to make political point but mental health issues so underfunded in this country now. Loads of potentially dangerous people out there who need help before they break

I was at A&E a few months ago with my son and a guy started chatting to us, clearly had a few issues, he was telling us he was reporting himself in to hospital so he could be dealt with as he was hearing voices again and wanted to get help as he didn't want to hurt anyone. although he was and looked a perfectly normal chap it was quite chilling that he knew he needed help and felt he might flip out.

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I was at A&E a few months ago with my son and a guy started chatting to us, clearly had a few issues, he was telling us he was reporting himself in to hospital so he could be dealt with as he was hearing voices again and wanted to get help as he didn't want to hurt anyone. although he was and looked a perfectly normal chap it was quite chilling that he knew he needed help and felt he might flip out.

My missus works in mental health and honestly the whole system is on its knees, I mean social care in general is absolutely fucked but mental health is even worse.. if you can’t be ‘fixed’ by a pill prescription then good luck…

I know we’re nowhere near US levels of mental health societal breakdown but its slowly accelerating to that space

We had a neighbour once that had a history of MH issues and self harm and we found her in a bad way one night, the police genuinely couldn’t care less and the NHS basically said it had to wait until the week (this was a Friday night)… she was threatening to kill herself… its all just dreadfully sad

• Like 1

On 01/06/2023 at 22:41, Turkish said:

I’ve watched it this week, thanks for the recommendation.

Once I found it was on the BBC I feared the worse, but it was excellent. I thought 5he last one a bit boring, but the rest were spellbinding. I fully expected the army/ruc to get a clogging, but that was addressed pretty fairly, with the lunatic element in both sides of the divide balanced. They also didn’t do which most commentary does and equate Rev Paisley with Adams and Mcguiness. No doubt he was a bigot & anti catholic, but he wasn’t a terrorist who killed people, they were (although Adams hasn’t got the balls to admit it). There’s a big difference between a bigoted democrat and an active IRA member, most miss this.I was also surprised they didn’t try and do a Soggy and crow bar Charlie Hebbdo or other Muslim atrocities into it. I was fully expecting the bit about the bookmakers shooting to do this.

The only criticism I had was they glossed over some of the consequences of “peace”. The two moderate parties have pretty much disappeared , so politically both sides are voting for extremists and also the mafia state of many areas of Ulster. However, all in all, it was a thought provoking , sad, educational and interesting piece of TV. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

24 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I’ve watched it this week, thanks for the recommendation.

Once I found it was on the BBC I feared the worse, but it was excellent. I thought 5he last one a bit boring, but the rest were spellbinding. I fully expected the army/ruc to get a clogging, but that was addressed pretty fairly, with the lunatic element in both sides of the divide balanced. They also didn’t do which most commentary does and equate Rev Paisley with Adams and Mcguiness. No doubt he was a bigot & anti catholic, but he wasn’t a terrorist who killed people, they were (although Adams hasn’t got the balls to admit it). There’s a big difference between a bigoted democrat and an active IRA member, most miss this.I was also surprised they didn’t try and do a Soggy and crow bar Charlie Hebbdo or other Muslim atrocities into it. I was fully expecting the bit about the bookmakers shooting to do this.

The only criticism I had was they glossed over some of the consequences of “peace”. The two moderate parties have pretty much disappeared , so politically both sides are voting for extremists and also the mafia state of many areas of Ulster. However, all in all, it was a thought provoking , sad, educational and interesting piece of TV. 

Yeah it’s really good. I found it unbiased and balanced form both sides which is rare these days. All in all a cracking piece of telly. Highly recommend for anyone but especially those of us who grew up hearing about it all on the news, makes you be able to make some sense of it. Even if it is very sad. 

• 3 months later...

Cowardly terrorist fuckers that choose soft targets, usually schools, to become 'martyrs' and live in eternity with their virgins!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67101089

A teacher has been killed and two people have been seriously injured in a knife attack at a school in France, officials say.

According to witnesses, he shouted "Allahu Akbar", or "God is greatest", during the attack.

Why don't they grow some balls and carry out their knife attacks shouting about how 'God is greatest' at an army barracks or the local police station?  If you want eternity with virgins, you should have to fucking earn it!  Hopefully he'll be rewarded with the fat, ginger ones (When he pops his clogs, assuming he's done enough now?).

Edited by Weston Super Saint