Prince Harry....you plum.

saint lard

If he's apologised for it then he knows it was wrong. End of. I don't know about anyone else but I don't go around apologising if I believe I'm in the right.

He's probably apologised because of who he is and not what he said, he probably doesn't even remember it but the PC brigade will be on it like a ton of bricks as normal.

Maybe not relevant but some of this reminded me of an old email that was doing the rounds a few years ago:

Battle Of Trafalgar - Today's Version

Nelson: "Order the signal, Hardy"

Hardy: "Aye, aye sir."

Nelson: Hold on, that's not what I dictated to the signal officer. What's the meaning of this?"

Hardy: "Sorry sir?"

Nelson (reading aloud): "England expects every person to do his duty, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religious persuasion or disability. What gobbledygook is this?"

Hardy: "Admiralty policy, I'm afraid sir. We're an equal opportunities employer now. We had the devil's own job getting 'England' past the censors, lest it be considered racist."

Nelson: "Gadzooks, Hardy. Hand me my pipe and tobacco."

Hardy: "Sorry sir. All naval vessels have been designated smoke-free working environments."

Nelson: "In that case, break open the rum ration. Let us splice the Mainbrace to steel the men before battle."

Hardy: The rum ration has been abolished, Admiral, it's part of the Government's policy on binge drinking."

Nelson: Good heaven's Hardy, I suppose we'd better get on with it. Full speed ahead."

Hardy: "I think you'll find that there's a four knot speed limit in this stretch of water."

Nelson: Damn it man! We are on the eve of the greatest sea battle in history. We must advance with all despatch. Report from the crow's nest please."

Hardy: "That won't be possible, sir."

Nelson: "What?"

Hardy: "Health and safety have closed the crow's nest. No harness. They also said the rope ladder doesn't meet regulations. They won't let anyone up there until a proper scaffolding can be erected.

Nelson: "Then get me the ship's carpenter without delay, Hardy."

Hardy: "He's busy knocking up a wheelchair access to the fo'c'sle Admiral."

Nelson: "Wheelchair access? I've never heard of anything so absurd."

Hardy: Health and safety again, sir. We have to provide a barrier-free environment for the differently abled."

Nelson: "Differently abled? I've only one arm and one eye and I refuse even to hear mention of the word. I didn't rise to the rank of admiral by playing the disability card."

Hardy: "Actually, sir, you did. The Royal Navy is under-represented in the areas on visual impairment and limb deficiency."

Nelson: "Whatever next? Give me full sail. The salt spray beckons."

Hardy: "A couple of problems there too, sir. Health and safety won't let the crew up the rigging without hard hats. And they don't want anyone breathing in too much salt - haven't you seen the adverts?"

Nelson: I've never heard such infamy. Break out the cannon and tell the men to stand by to engage the enemy."

Hardy: "The men are a bit worried about shooting at anyone, Admiral."

Nelson: "What? This is mutiny."

Hardy: "It's not that, sir. It's just that they're afraid of being charged with murder if they actually kill anyone. There's a couple of legal aid lawyers on board, watching everyone like hawks."

Nelson: "Then how are we supposed to sink the Frenchies and the Spanish?"

Hardy: "Actually, sir, we're not."

Nelson: "We're not?"

Hardy: "No sir. The Frenchies and the Spanish are our European partners now. According to the Common Fisheries Policy, we shouldn't even be in this stretch of water. We could get hit with a claim for compensation."

Nelson: "But you must hate a Frenchman as you hate the devil."

Hardy: "I wouldn't let the ship's diversity co-ordinator hear you saying that sir. You'll be up on a disciplinary."

Nelson: "You must consider every man an enemy who speaks ill of your King."

Hardy: "Not any more Sir. We must be inclusive in the multicultural age. Now put on your Kevlar vest; it's the rules. It could save your life."

Nelson: "Don't tell me - health and safety. Whatever happened to rum, sodomy and the lash?"

Hardy: "As I explained, sir, rum is off the menu! And there's a ban on corporal punishment."

Nelson: "And what about Sodomy?"

Hardy: "I believe that is now legal, sir."

Nelson: "In that case...........Kiss me Hardy."

maybe not relevant but some of this reminded me of an old email that was doing the rounds a few years ago:

battle of trafalgar - today's version

nelson: "order the signal, hardy"

hardy: "aye, aye sir."

nelson: Hold on, that's not what i dictated to the signal officer. What's the meaning of this?"

hardy: "sorry sir?"

nelson (reading aloud): "england expects every person to do his duty, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religious persuasion or disability. What gobbledygook is this?"

hardy: "admiralty policy, i'm afraid sir. We're an equal opportunities employer now. We had the devil's own job getting 'england' past the censors, lest it be considered racist."

nelson: "gadzooks, hardy. Hand me my pipe and tobacco."

hardy: "sorry sir. All naval vessels have been designated smoke-free working environments."

nelson: "in that case, break open the rum ration. Let us splice the mainbrace to steel the men before battle."

hardy: The rum ration has been abolished, admiral, it's part of the government's policy on binge drinking."

nelson: Good heaven's hardy, i suppose we'd better get on with it. Full speed ahead."

hardy: "i think you'll find that there's a four knot speed limit in this stretch of water."

nelson: Damn it man! We are on the eve of the greatest sea battle in history. We must advance with all despatch. Report from the crow's nest please."

hardy: "that won't be possible, sir."

nelson: "what?"

hardy: "health and safety have closed the crow's nest. No harness. They also said the rope ladder doesn't meet regulations. They won't let anyone up there until a proper scaffolding can be erected.

Nelson: "then get me the ship's carpenter without delay, hardy."

hardy: "he's busy knocking up a wheelchair access to the fo'c'sle admiral."

nelson: "wheelchair access? I've never heard of anything so absurd."

hardy: Health and safety again, sir. We have to provide a barrier-free environment for the differently abled."

nelson: "differently abled? I've only one arm and one eye and i refuse even to hear mention of the word. I didn't rise to the rank of admiral by playing the disability card."

hardy: "actually, sir, you did. The royal navy is under-represented in the areas on visual impairment and limb deficiency."

nelson: "whatever next? Give me full sail. The salt spray beckons."

hardy: "a couple of problems there too, sir. Health and safety won't let the crew up the rigging without hard hats. And they don't want anyone breathing in too much salt - haven't you seen the adverts?"

nelson: I've never heard such infamy. Break out the cannon and tell the men to stand by to engage the enemy."

hardy: "the men are a bit worried about shooting at anyone, admiral."

nelson: "what? This is mutiny."

hardy: "it's not that, sir. It's just that they're afraid of being charged with murder if they actually kill anyone. There's a couple of legal aid lawyers on board, watching everyone like hawks."

nelson: "then how are we supposed to sink the frenchies and the spanish?"

hardy: "actually, sir, we're not."

nelson: "we're not?"

hardy: "no sir. The frenchies and the spanish are our european partners now. According to the common fisheries policy, we shouldn't even be in this stretch of water. We could get hit with a claim for compensation."

nelson: "but you must hate a frenchman as you hate the devil."

hardy: "i wouldn't let the ship's diversity co-ordinator hear you saying that sir. You'll be up on a disciplinary."

nelson: "you must consider every man an enemy who speaks ill of your king."

hardy: "not any more sir. We must be inclusive in the multicultural age. Now put on your kevlar vest; it's the rules. It could save your life."

nelson: "don't tell me - health and safety. Whatever happened to rum, sodomy and the lash?"

hardy: "as i explained, sir, rum is off the menu! And there's a ban on corporal punishment."

nelson: "and what about sodomy?"

hardy: "i believe that is now legal, sir."

nelson: "in that case...........kiss me hardy."

lmfao.

Very true. If he didn't wat to apologise then the family would have made him.

The pc brigade blowing things all out of proportion again, as mentioned the word paki is just shortened from pakistani, the welsh are called taffs in the army, scottish jocks etc. Even a muslim speaking about it on sky news yesterday said it's time to move on, after all there's children being slaughtered in gaza ,cant believe they dedicated so much air time to this yesterday.

How pathetic of a national newspaper to expect to find a bunch of soldiers being PC with each other and then trying to make it a story. I think he comes out of that clip looking like a great leader of his men and you can see they have respect for him. It is also good that he takes the mickey out of his royal background as it will break the ice with his soldiers.

How pathetic of a national newspaper to expect to find a bunch of soldiers being PC with each other and then trying to make it a story. I think he comes out of that clip looking like a great leader of his men and you can see they have respect for him. It is also good that he takes the mickey out of his royal background as it will break the ice with his soldiers.

Pretty much how I saw it. I have MORE respect for him for being able to fit in to the forces way of life quite well by the looks of things.

And as for calling his "friend" a paki.....well, I'm sure all the others also call him that so fair play to Harry for being one of the lads!

you can guarantee that harry would have gotten far more stick for being who he is than anything on show in the paper..

also, prince willian did a couple of weeks on my a Trafalgar Class sub and a few of my mates was on there...he was treated like any other junior officer (which is not great) and dished out as much "banter" as he got...

the lads said he was very down to earth but as soon as the press turned up when the sub was back he put on his "serious" head again...

you can guarantee that harry would have gotten far more stick for being who he is than anything on show in the paper..

also, prince willian did a couple of weeks on my a Trafalgar Class sub and a few of my mates was on there...he was treated like any other junior officer (which is not great) and dished out as much "banter" as he got...

the lads said he was very down to earth but as soon as the press turned up when the sub was back he put on his "serious" head again...

I really liked the "Any more questions?" and some bloke saying, "Are your pubes ginger too" and he just says, "yes they are."

Maybe he should have got all offended and told the officer in charge that he felt abused by the lower ranks and now required councelling.

Not really, they had one agenda with this story, and one agenda only, to sell more papers by sensationalising this story. The NOTW couldn't give a toss about Ahmed.

Now all the bandwagon jumpers have hit on the story too, it seems that the NOTW got what it wanted, publicity.

a lad I know is the navy (a coloured lad) has a nick name (that he likes I might add) "the big nig"

he should turn himself in for being a racist biggot

if he doesn't find offense in it that's up to him but would you not agree that some people do find words like nigger and paki offensive? and that therefore someone who is third in line to the throne should probably exercise a little bit of caution in his choice of words? In that position you have to be seen to be "whiter than white" (lol!)

Overall I agree this is an overblown story, typical of the sensationalist rubbish so often found in the tabloids - interestingly the NotW normally rail against "PC gone mad" so, yet again, they are being hypocritcal.

I work with a Jewish lad and we all call him "Hitler's shower gel". He finds it very funny. I also work with a black lad and we call him "The Big Black N*gger". It's all harmless fun. Next door to me is a disabled woman and all the people on the street call her the "Crippled *****". She loves it. I used to go to school with a deaf boy and we used to call him "C*nt" because he couldn't hear us.

I work with a Jewish lad and we all call him "Hitler's shower gel". He finds it very funny. I also work with a black lad and we call him "The Big Black N*gger". It's all harmless fun. Next door to me is a disabled woman and all the people on the street call her the "Crippled *****". She loves it. I used to go to school with a deaf boy and we used to call him "C*nt" because he couldn't hear us.

I think you'll find that the cu nt they were referring to was you.

i work with a jewish lad and we all call him "hitler's shower gel". He finds it very funny. I also work with a black lad and we call him "the big black n*gger". It's all harmless fun. Next door to me is a disabled woman and all the people on the street call her the "crippled *****". She loves it. I used to go to school with a deaf boy and we used to call him "c*nt" because he couldn't hear us.

lol

"******" and "****" are not in the word filter but S****horpe is.

QED.

In all seriousness, I do find it funny that a troupe of people employed to murder other people are castigated for bad language or perceived outmoded views.

Edited by benjii
sepllnig

"Nigger" and "paki" are not in the word filter but S****horpe is.

QED.

In all seriousness, I do find it funny that a troupe of people employed to murder other peple are castigated for bad language or perceived outmoded views.

No one usually says them to be fair... Bit of a dilemma too as filtering p**i would cause the country to be shown as ****stan, much like filtering c**t ruins S****horpe.

I find the word p**i offensive. Growing up in the 80s and being called that wasn't fun especially being Indian. The word does seemed to have died down over the years though.

See if everyone just called each other c*nts instead there wouldn't be as many problems.

However in this situation it does seem clear that Harry is with a group of colleagues/friends and there is a fair bit of banter/mickey taking going and don't believe he meant it an offending way.

NOTW has gone for a sensational headline - just to sell a few more papers.

The Prince of Wales refers to an Asian member of his polo club as "Sooty", it has emerged days after the row over Prince Harry's use of a racist term.

Prince Charles uses the term as an "affectionate nickname", a member of the Gloucestershire club told the BBC.

Clarence House refused to comment on the claims but said to suggest Charles was racist was "completely ridiculous".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7826701.stm

What's next, does the Queen have a friend who's ********* that she calls ********???

• 3 weeks later...

Had this e-mailed to me recently:-

Am I right in thinking that **** is short for ****stani? Just an

abbreviation?

Prince Harry calls a mate "Our little **** friend" and is

forced to apologise two years later. This guy was a mate of his for heavens

sake!

Am I right in thinking that "Brit" is short for British? Should

the Sun Newspaper be forced to apologise every time it prints the word Brit or

The Brits are coming? Is the word Brit offensive?

Is "Scot" Offensive? "The Scots are coming". Another

Sun Newspaper football Clash Headline classic.

What about Ozzie? Kiwi? Pommie? Limey? Where or when will this lunacy end?

The Cornish call all holiday makers "Grockles" Anything wrong with

that?

If a ****stani called you "His Brit friend" Would you feel

offended? Would you demand an apology on National TV? Of course not.

Del Trotter refers to "The **** Shop" in one episode of Only

Fools and Horses. (Now overdubbed for UK Gold with the offending word taken

out). (The episode when they build a nuclear fall out shelter). Should Sir David

Jason now apologise? Should the writer John Sullivan apologise? Should the BBC

apologise?

What about the Fuzzywuzzies? "Dads Army" What about "You

stupid Kraut"? Fawlty Towers. Both still being broadcast regularly with no

overdub.

The Idiots are at it again trying to stir up racial hatred. It's just

madness surely?

I'm happy being a BRIT, BRITISH, ENGLISH, POMMIE, LIMEY or whatever.

I don't care a fig. I only care when I'm called a racist.

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT YEARS "BRIT AWARDS" ON THE TV.

LUCKILY, THANKS TO THE ZEALOTS, RACISTS AND BIGOTS THERE WILL NEVER BE A

"**** AWARDS". Oh no indeed, because all the ****s will be at The

Brit Awards. And us Brits won't mind at all will we?

There's something rotten in the barrel and nobody in government or

local politics has the guts to stand up and say "GROW UP THE LOT OF YOU".

Had this e-mailed to me recently:-

Am I right in thinking that **** is short for ****stani? Just an

abbreviation?

Prince Harry calls a mate "Our little **** friend" and is

forced to apologise two years later. This guy was a mate of his for heavens

sake!

Am I right in thinking that "Brit" is short for British? Should

the Sun Newspaper be forced to apologise every time it prints the word Brit or

The Brits are coming? Is the word Brit offensive?

Is "Scot" Offensive? "The Scots are coming". Another

Sun Newspaper football Clash Headline classic.

What about Ozzie? Kiwi? Pommie? Limey? Where or when will this lunacy end?

The Cornish call all holiday makers "Grockles" Anything wrong with

that?

If a ****stani called you "His Brit friend" Would you feel

offended? Would you demand an apology on National TV? Of course not.

Del Trotter refers to "The **** Shop" in one episode of Only

Fools and Horses. (Now overdubbed for UK Gold with the offending word taken

out). (The episode when they build a nuclear fall out shelter). Should Sir David

Jason now apologise? Should the writer John Sullivan apologise? Should the BBC

apologise?

What about the Fuzzywuzzies? "Dads Army" What about "You

stupid Kraut"? Fawlty Towers. Both still being broadcast regularly with no

overdub.

The Idiots are at it again trying to stir up racial hatred. It's just

madness surely?

I'm happy being a BRIT, BRITISH, ENGLISH, POMMIE, LIMEY or whatever.

I don't care a fig. I only care when I'm called a racist.

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT YEARS "BRIT AWARDS" ON THE TV.

LUCKILY, THANKS TO THE ZEALOTS, RACISTS AND BIGOTS THERE WILL NEVER BE A

"**** AWARDS". Oh no indeed, because all the ****s will be at The

Brit Awards. And us Brits won't mind at all will we?

There's something rotten in the barrel and nobody in government or

local politics has the guts to stand up and say "GROW UP THE LOT OF YOU".

Well done on digging this thread up again so you could start your bull**** again. Anyone that thinks P*ki is not an offensive word is a thick c*nt (sorry...is that an offensive word....there seems to be some confusion round here.....just to make it clear, miserableoldgit, I am calling you a c*nt.)

Well done on digging this thread up again so you could start your bull**** again. Anyone that thinks P*ki is not an offensive word is a thick c*nt (sorry...is that an offensive word....there seems to be some confusion round here.....just to make it clear, miserableoldgit, I am calling you a c*nt.)

Well thank you very much for your reasoned inoffensive reply. I deliberately did not comment on the contents of the e-mail that was sent to me within the last week but just posted it for others to debate - those who are able to debate in an intelligent, considered manner that is. This obviously doesn`t include you.

Well thank you very much for your reasoned inoffensive reply. I deliberately did not comment on the contents of the e-mail that was sent to me within the last week but just posted it for others to debate - those who are able to debate in an intelligent, considered manner that is. This obviously doesn`t include you.

How very decent of you not to comment on your racist and offensive email.

Stupid c*nt.