Leicester Away Carabao Cup

Pamplemousse

Glad it’s away given they’ve won more games at st marys than us since Nov !

Wouldn’t surprise me if we won this. Given we’ll have our arses well and truly handed to us against Man City even if we play well we may as well give this a proper go.

Think we’ll see JWP, Armstrong, Gunn and Targett for this one. He needs to keep Hoet and Stephens together though - looks like they are building something which is a positive.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we won this. Given we’ll have our arses well and truly handed to us against Man City even if we play well we may as well give this a proper go.

Think we’ll see JWP, Armstrong, Gunn and Targett for this one. He needs to keep Hoet and Stephens together though - looks like they are building something which is a positive.

let's wait until they face a proper striker, or better team before considering this. Bournemouth on an off day, and Newcastle, possibly the worst strike force apart from our own, is no measure.

Maddison looks a player, exactly what we’re after. Shame we couldn’t get this one across the line (not a dig at the board as e had genuine reasons to join them).

I heard from a reliable source the Maddison deal was close but yet again we completely messed it up. He certainly came to the training ground and met Les Reed and Mark Hughes.

One bright spot this season is Stephens becoming a real rock at the heart of our defence.

This game will not take place. It should not take place. Football is secondary right now.
Agreed. Heard it's likely to be off.

Non-refundable train, hotel tickets. [emoji3525]

But still agreed it should be postponed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Agreed. Heard it's likely to be off.

Non-refundable train, hotel tickets. [emoji3525]

But still agreed it should be postponed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

A good gesture from saints would be to refund fans for stuff like this. I know they won't but it would be a good gesture considering what has happened.

One bright spot this season is Stephens becoming a real rock at the heart of our defence.

Which shows just how far we have declined as a serious football

More importantly the game is a certainty for cancellation in these dreadful circumstances and I am confident SFC will help fans already committed to going.

you are getting a tad over dramatic, is his point

I know what his point is. It just seems a bit morbid playing a football match a few days after something like this has happened. All the worry and heartache of people, worrying about friends and relatives.

I know what his point is. It just seems a bit morbid playing a football match a few days after something like this has happened. All the worry and heartache of people, worrying about friends and relatives.

Don't think you are being over dramatic at all. Of course the game shouldn't be played. There is no doubt people have died, it was very fortunate that more were not involved, imagine if supporters had still been milling around. There is no sense playing a football match so soon after this tragic event, doubt they will play next weekend either.

Mate, i'm sure your a nice guy, but please stop typing. Admin can you just get rid of this thread. Many thanks.

When the news came through at 9pm last night - a helicopter crashed and exploded into flames minutes later - it was very obvious then that everyone was dead. A insignificant output of that was that Tuesday's match would be called off. Very, very obvious. No debate, no discussion.

But this morning here you are spaffing on about what-if "everyone" involved is actually "absolutely fine" after all. It's like you are mentally ill or something.

Stop typing and yes, this thread probably does need closing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/46008881?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5bd5afee0f6a310667f54e86%26Decision%20to%20be%20made%20on%20cup%20tie%262018-10-28T12%3A47%3A42%2B00%3A00&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:c24083a7-e1ce-4059-8215-a02aaefec454&pinned_post_asset_id=5bd5afee0f6a310667f54e86&pinned_post_type=share

12:47

SHARED

Decision to be made on cup tie

The EFL will make a decision on whether to go ahead with Leicester City's cup match on Tuesday.

The Foxes are due to play Southampton at the King Power Stadium in the Carabao Cup fourth round - the last 16 of the competition.

Leicester City have already postponed their Women's Championship and reserve matches which were due to take place today.

Apparently Leicester have already requested to the EFL to postpone the game, so I imagine it's just a case of us agreeing to it. Given that we asked for a game to be postponed when Markus passed away, I can't imagine any reason why we would object.

When the news came through at 9pm last night - a helicopter crashed and exploded into flames minutes later - it was very obvious then that everyone was dead. A insignificant output of that was that Tuesday's match would be called off. Very, very obvious. No debate, no discussion.

But this morning here you are spaffing on about what-if "everyone" involved is actually "absolutely fine" after all. It's like you are mentally ill or something.

Stop typing and yes, this thread probably does need closing.

I do have a mental illness tbf. Good job I'm not one of these PC types.

I do have a mental illness tbf. Good job I'm not one of these PC types.
Sorry to hear that. Meanwhile try and get your head around the sad fact that those involved in the crash are dead, there will be no match on Tuesday and the only person theorising and discussing whether it should be played is you. Just you.

Sorry to hear that. Meanwhile try and get your head around the sad fact that those involved in the crash are dead, there will be no match on Tuesday and the only person theorising and discussing whether it should be played is you. Just you.

No problem at all.

Yes, well aware that they're dead. Horrific.