Yan Valery - Official: Signs for Angers

SuperSAINT

• Lighthouse changed the title to Yan Valery - Official: Loaned to BCFC
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks as though both Vokins and Valery are experiencing tough starts to their loans spells. The local Birmingham newspaper awarded Valery 4/10 for his performance today and commented "A pretty forgettable full debut for the Southampton loan man, looked edgy to start with and didn't really offer anything from wide positions". 

Maybe they just need a few games to settle in (he says optimistically but without any conviction)

• 1 year later...
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Yan Valery - Official: Signs for Angers
1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Generally an awful player.  

Bit harsh. I remember as many gaffes as I do good moments. Whenever he played at CB I feared the worst and generally came away surprised at how well he played in that position.

The goal against Utd was a stunner, more important was the equaliser vs Spurs in the 2-1 home win. I went for a Five Guys after that game and Jan was in there noshing a cheeseburger with the rest of us. I hope they have a Five Guys in Angers. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Generally an awful player.  

Behave. Sure, he was no Rio Ferdinand, but he wasn't as bad as you make out. Converted to CB and always did pretty well there imo. Personally I'd have kept him as cover. Good luck to the lad. 

• Like 4

I don't think anyone ever saw him as a CB, but he did a job there to be fair. But we couldn't go into the future with him as an option at CB or RB as we needed much better.

I've never ever been impressed with him at RB though, and that was his supposed natural position which was a bit odd. What made him handy in a back 3 was his mobility and pace, but his actual technical and positional sense often left a lot to be desired. 

It's refreshing that for once we are able to move players on that we know aren't good enough, rather than keeping them around ''just in case we need them''.

• Like 1