A sad, sad loss - Sibs (Lee White)

um pahars

If you know Southampton, then you surely knew Sibley.

Sad to hear that our dear fellow Saints fan Lee White (Sibley) has passed away. From St Mary’s to The Dell (to Zorbas), Sibs was a huge face on the local scene.

Cheeky grin, infectious personality and time for everyone. 

A true mush, RIP fella xx

826ED98B-C1A3-4913-9307-1DEE7E2DB4EF.jpeg

Fuck. Decent guy. Remember him. After a game against someone, might have been Cardiff or Bristol A couple of their Lads giving it some after them winning, just singing and that, but really annoying for us. He suddenly stops, turns round and says “you’ve had your day out, now fuck off home”, they shut the fuck up, there and then. 
didn't really know him  aside from the respectful nod and alright but seemed like a decent fella 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Noodles34 said:

Fuck. Decent guy. Remember him. After a game against someone, might have been Cardiff or Bristol A couple of their Lads giving it some after them winning, just singing and that, but really annoying for us. He suddenly stops, turns round and says “you’ve had your day out, now fuck off home”, they shut the fuck up, there and then. 
didn't really know him  aside from the respectful nod and alright but seemed like a decent fella 

I didn't know him but remember that incident when walking to the Northam Tunnel - I think it was after we'd been mugged by Villa....Condolences to the family, sad to lose a family member at any time but this is particularly cruel.

3 hours ago, dronskisaint said:

I didn't know him but remember that incident when walking to the Northam Tunnel - I think it was after we'd been mugged by Villa....Condolences to the family, sad to lose a family member at any time but this is particularly cruel.

haha, it was along Britannia Road, but feel sure that wasn't the first and last time, so no doubt yours was actually a different time. 

On 17/12/2020 at 06:40, um pahars said:

If you know Southampton, then you surely knew Sibley.

Sad to hear that our dear fellow Saints fan Lee White (Sibley) has passed away. From St Mary’s to The Dell (to Zorbas), Sibs was a huge face on the local scene.

Cheeky grin, infectious personality and time for everyone. 

A true mush, RIP fella xx

826ED98B-C1A3-4913-9307-1DEE7E2DB4EF.jpeg

Shit, f()ck... I knew Sibley. God. I knew he was unwell for some time, but f()ck. RIP. 😞

Edited by Crab Lungs

1 hour ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Just reading another Saints geezer passed away a couple of weeks back, Darrell from totton way.

Heard that myself, assuming we’re talking the same Darrell (not sure where he hailed from). Another staunch ‘Southampton Lad’ and brings back memories of when we stopped off early doors at fratton on the way to Brighton in the 80s as the 657 had sent word they’d be waiting for us. I think he was first off the train but, alas, they must have had a change of heart.

RIP

Edited by alehouseboys

On 24/12/2020 at 18:38, um pahars said:

Hi there, I'd really appreciate it if you could share or donate to this GoFundMe, https://www.gofundme.com/f/fundraiser-in-memory-of-sibs?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=sms&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Countess Mountbatten, certainly a worthy cause. Gave great care to one of my relatives in the latter stages of his life. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/12/2020 at 10:36, SaintsLoyal said:

Just reading another Saints geezer passed away a couple of weeks back, Darrell from totton way.

Darrell Lanham .. top boy from old .. as was sibs .. Darrel from the spa tavern on match days .. remember we had oxford in the cup and they came strong walking down past the old echo office and Darrel was 1st down the spa steps to them .. top lad rip lad 

remember sibs at QPR in the bush pub singing oh wen the saints on the bar wen he fell off and broke his wrist but still finished the chorus! Up the scum army 👌🏻😎