Cressida Dick

Guided Missile

Just now, SKD said:

I’ll end by saying that it truly sad that another tragic event has been hijacked by the far left to push their ludicrous agenda. Whatever that may be. 

The real outrage here should be that she was ‘allegedly’ murdered by a police officer. That point seems to be missing in this hate of white men. I bet her family are disgusted. 

So if you are concerned for women’s safety you are far left. Brilliant  :lol:

9 hours ago, SKD said:

To be fair they were just enforcing the law. You can’t just pick and chose when the law is applicable or not. However, the bigger issues is that that they’re doing exactly that. 

You can, to a certain degree, it's called tactical policing.

I didn't see them charging in and wrestling Rangers fans to the ground last week. Different police forces I know, but it shows how you similar things (in this case no social distancing) are dealt with.

We're they piling in down Soho in the summer when thousands were stood in packed streets drinking? They were all breaking rules because 2m social distancing has always been in place.

The way to police this would have been to interact with the protesters before the event, which they apparently didn't, and largely send female police officers down there, explain about social distancing and eventually let the crowds drift away. 

There's a mention of "risk of offence" in another post. What risk are people who are outside and wearing masks during a time when cases and hospitalisations have plummeted posing? It's so minimal that taking it upon themselves to wrestle people to the ground seems completely disproportionate.

9 minutes ago, SKD said:

I’ll end by saying that it truly sad that another tragic event has been hijacked by the far left to push their ludicrous agenda. Whatever that may be.  

Nonsense. There's no "left wing agenda" here. This is just a tragic case, in the aftermath of which women carried out a vigil that was never going to achieve anything positive, and the police fucked up their handling of it. Politicising it is daft. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Cat said:

You can, to a certain degree, it's called tactical policing.

I didn't see them charging in and wrestling Rangers fans to the ground last week. Different police forces I know, but it shows how you similar things (in this case no social distancing) are dealt with.

We're they piling in down Soho in the summer when thousands were stood in packed streets drinking? They were all breaking rules because 2m social distancing has always been in place.

The way to police this would have been to interact with the protesters before the event, which they apparently didn't, and largely send female police officers down there, explain about social distancing and eventually let the crowds drift away. 

There's a mention of "risk of offence" in another post. What risk are people who are outside and wearing masks during a time when cases and hospitalisations have plummeted posing? It's so minimal that taking it upon themselves to wrestle people to the ground seems completely disproportionate.

Have you considered that they may have plummeted due to a lock down and people not being out on the streets? 

I agree that the handling was over the top and baiting more violence. The trouble is they let it get out of control the where that was needed to try and disperse. 

it should never have been allowed to happened in first place. 

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Rangers is a parallel. Advised not to go there by authorities. They went there anyway. Police left them alone. Were many statues defaced last night? Must have missed that

28 arrested so they weren’t left alone. 

46 minutes ago, SKD said:

The real outrage here should be that she was ‘allegedly’ murdered by a police officer. That point seems to be missing in this hate of white men. I bet her family are disgusted. 

Sadly you’re right. I see the “vigil” was organised by a group called reclaim these streets who joined forces with Feminists of London. In fairness they did cancel it but once word gets out clearly people were always going to turn up.

35 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Apparently there was a similar vigil somewhere in the midlands recently where permission was denied and it went ahead anyway. The plod there didn’t do a thing, some people went, lit candles a few then went home an hour later.

Cool. Good for them. Still doesn’t make it right though, does it. Let’s hope there’s not a spike in covid cases. No doubt you’ll be blaming the government for not doing enough when there is. 

22 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Hopefully those that defend the right to hold the vigil also defending the anti-lockdown protesters a few weeks ago who received the same treatment from the met. 

The right to protest should be available to anyone. In these times they should liaise with police first to outline their intentions and work with them to make sure it's carried out peacefully and within certain guidelines.

If people then start kicking off they know the consequences. 

Looking at the pictures of the so called vigil whilst there are a couple of signs in support of the victim there are far more of anti police or anti men signs being held by the crowd. Unfortunately it does seem this tragic cases is being used to push an agenda. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SKD said:

Cool. Good for them. Still doesn’t make it right though, does it. Let’s hope there’s not a spike in covid cases. No doubt you’ll be blaming the government for not doing enough when there is. 

I don’t think it’s right, just think it looks like it has been clumsily handled. As I said earlier, the actions of the plod probably made it more likely to be a spreading event than if they just let people to disperse naturally, as they were apparently already doing.

17 minutes ago, SKD said:

Have you been outside recently? There's so many people breaking the rules every day. A walk to any park today will show a massive number of people meeting up in groups outside of the rules. Far more of this going on all over the country than any protest or vigil. 

Should they be arresting families for meeting up outside in the park with their kids?

There may well be a small rise in Covid cases but these will be due to schools being back and the huge amount of testing taking place. What it won't really be to do with is some people holding a vigil outside while wearing masks. 

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Looking at the pictures of the so called vigil whilst there are a couple of signs in support of the victim there are far more of anti police or anti men signs being held by the crowd. Unfortunately it does seem this tragic cases is being used to push an agenda. 

That's the case with a lot of protests though. Look how many splinter or opposition groups turned up at all the summer ones. 

We're living in a highly charged political environment at the moment where world events are moving at such a pace. Throw Covid into the mix where people have less normal life distractions and it's almost inevitable that there's a perfect storm for mass discontent.

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

That's the case with a lot of protests though. Look how many splinter or opposition groups turned up at all the summer ones. 

We're living in a highly charged political environment at the moment where world events are moving at such a pace. Throw Covid into the mix where people have less normal life distractions and it's almost inevitable that there's a perfect storm for mass discontent.

It was meant to be a vigil, not a protest 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Turkish said:

From your special newsfeed?

5 minutes ago, whelk said:

From your special newsfeed?

Yes pal, it’s called google images! Let’s carry on pretending it was a load of people there to mourn a death though shall we?

B2AA3D9D-9088-4286-9341-0A337177677A.jpeg

D09AD316-420A-4299-884C-02A9F4FBAEFF.jpeg

90A58F97-B050-46D0-8C9A-A38C6A51BB29.jpeg

F7404B18-4747-4472-ACDD-8D69BF6C9AF0.jpeg

6504EBBD-2F79-4298-8F15-6D9926441447.jpeg

Edited by Turkish

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Yes pal, it’s called google images! Let’s carry on pretending it was a load of people there to mourn a death though shall we?

B2AA3D9D-9088-4286-9341-0A337177677A.jpeg

D09AD316-420A-4299-884C-02A9F4FBAEFF.jpeg

90A58F97-B050-46D0-8C9A-A38C6A51BB29.jpeg

F7404B18-4747-4472-ACDD-8D69BF6C9AF0.jpeg

6504EBBD-2F79-4298-8F15-6D9926441447.jpeg

LOL ‘all men are complicit - Own It’... absolutely no hard left, “all men are bad” intentions here. Absolutely none sir. 

By the way, what are they actually protesting here? That’s it’s not okay to rape, harass or murder people? 

what are their ideas to prevent some (a very small %) deranged weirdos, being deranged weirdos? 

4 minutes ago, SKD said:

By the way, what are they actually protesting here? That’s it’s not okay to rape, harass or murder people? 

what are their ideas to prevent some (a very small %) deranged weirdos, being deranged weirdos? 

I expect longer sentences and higher conviction rate for sex crimes would be one thing.

Hold in, isn't that a Tory policy?

Edited by aintforever

8 minutes ago, SKD said:

I expect half of them can’t even remember the name of the victim, just using it to push an anti man, anti police agenda. Shameful. 

3 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I expect longer sentences and higher conviction rate for sex crimes would be one thing.

That doesn’t solve anything though, does it.  You’ll still have deviants roaming the streets  who have never been convicted before.

These type of events are very rare and men are statistically more likely to be murdered on their walk home. Something obviously lost on these dins with the “stop killing us” signs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Hold in, isn't that a Tory policy?

Surely a conviction would depend upon the prosecution proving guilt beyond reasonable doubt, as with any other crime? Unless we’re going to start prosecuting guys for rumour, hearsay and ‘he looks a bit shifty.’

Just now, SKD said:

That doesn’t solve anything though, does it.  You’ll still have deviants roaming the streets  who have never been convicted before.

These type of events are very rare and men are statistically more likely to be murdered on their walk home. Something obviously lost on these dins with the “stop killing us” signs. 

Agree and out of all proportion. Streets were no safer in the Seventies I’m sure

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

Media cover up clearly, thankfully the Saintsweb gammon can get the truth out there.

What do you think about a tragic death of an innocent young lady being used as a vehicle to promote a set of people’s agenda? 

1 minute ago, SKD said:

You don’t think convicting more sex offenders and locking them up for longer will change anything. Wow, Gammon intellect at it’s finest.

3 minutes ago, aintforever said:

You don’t think convicting more sex offenders and locking them up for longer will change anything. Wow, Gammon intellect at it’s finest.

I expect as a serving police officer Andrew Couzens knew he would be facing life imprisonment if caught for murder, yet did it anyway. So no, the consequences of his actions didn’t deter him. That’s not gammon logic it’s just not being totally thick and naive 

Edited by Turkish

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

What do you think about a tragic death of an innocent young lady being used as a vehicle to promote a set of people’s agenda? 

I think it is sad that has been politicised by some. However you, as is often the case, comb for the extremists and then your play is to rile against that - an easy argument you can have in your own head. Public displays aren’t my thing and I said earlier the whole sadness is being lost.  In other thread about male privilege I thought made clear my thoughts on people rallying against men is fucking stupid.

11 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Surely a conviction would depend upon the prosecution proving guilt beyond reasonable doubt, as with any other crime? Unless we’re going to start prosecuting guys for rumour, hearsay and ‘he looks a bit shifty.’

Criminals need to be caught and case brought to court - that’s takes resources and how much you invest in the Police and CPS will have an effect.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/rape-prosecution-england-wales-victims-court-cps-police-a8885961.html

Edited by aintforever

8 minutes ago, whelk said:

Some cases have more resonance and this one clearly has hit home with many people. There was a uni student in Hull and suffered similar fate.

I wonder why it didn’t ‘hit home’ when some young girls were groomed by Pakistani men...? Where were the “we are the 97%” signs then...? 

10 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I don’t know the actual numbers, however, it’s only a small % of convictions for sexual offences that are committed by re-offenders. I’d imagine the number for murders committing more murders upon release is even lower. So no, I don’t think it would change anything. 

Those committing these crimes clearly aren’t mentally right for society. Everyone knows right and wrong when it comes to rape and murder. 

It’s a bit like the Islamic head case. By in large, most Muslims know it’s not right to behead someone. The punishment of life in prison or even death, doesn’t deter a few deranged ones from walking the streets beheading people, does it. 

13 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Criminals need to be caught and case brought to court - that’s takes resources and how much you invest in the Police and CPS will have an effect.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/rape-prosecution-england-wales-victims-court-cps-police-a8885961.html

“Criminals need to be caught”

wow, such insight! It this wisdom that makes you one of my favourite posters. Who’d have thought of this game changing approach? 

21 minutes ago, SKD said:

Yep. This is an individual crime committed by one deviant who's now off the streets. 

Whilst it's sad that this lady was senselessly murdered, it does not mean that women are in greater danger than before, and that men should suddenly be feared. 

I understand that there’s an issue with the way some men treat women, but in the main this is a safe country. Other countries, mostly on other continents, have big issues with sexual crime, but we are not that country. 

Just now, egg said:

Yep. This is an individual crime committed by one deviant who's now off the streets. 

Whilst it's sad that this lady was senselessly murdered, it does not mean that women are in greater danger than before, and that men should suddenly be feared. 

I understand that there’s an issue with the way some men treat women, but in the main this is a safe country. Other countries, mostly on other continents, have big issues with sexual crime, but we are not that country. 

Mostly in the Middle East (Along with LGBT issues). Yet you never see these ‘feminists’ protesting about their human rights do you. In fact you often see them waving Palestine flags. Laughable and hypocritical. 

15 minutes ago, aintforever said:

That article only goes to prove how difficult it is get a conviction for rape, not that the Police aren’t trying. Your own article says itself - 40% of cases are dropped because the victim doesn’t support prosecution and very often refuses to hand over their phone. I completely get that; why a victim would feel ashamed and not want anyone to invade her privacy after what she’s been through, but how do you think it’d look in court? The defence lawyer would just stand up and say, "they had a consensual relationship and had been dating for some time etc." The prosecution would refuse to provide any evidence otherwise and the trial would be over.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

That article only goes to prove how difficult it is get a conviction for rape, not that the Police aren’t trying. Your own article says itself - 40% of cases are dropped because the victim doesn’t support prosecution and very often refuses to hand over their phone. I completely get that; why a victim would feel ashamed and not want anyone to invade her privacy after what she’s been through, but how do you think it’d look in court? The defence lawyer would just stand up and say, "they had a consensual relationship and had been dating for some time etc." The prosecution would refuse to provide any evidence otherwise and the trial would be over.

Unlike almost every other crime which hinges on whether or not something took place  - theft, murder, fraud, criminal damage whatever rape hinges not on the act but on consent. By nature there are rarely witnesses so it becomes her word against his - almost zero chance of 'beyond reasonable doubt'. Few women are going to want to go through a trial with those odds.  

Edited by buctootim