Cressida Dick

Guided Missile

8 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

It's totally wrong that the teacher was suspended, he should sue for constructive dismissal. 

If he's been suspended it is likely to lead to a dismissal (at worst) - you can't sue for constructive dismissal if you've been dismissed, only wrongful dismissful or (rarely) breach of contract.

If he resigns during the suspension he could potentially claim for constructive dismissal.

On 22/03/2021 at 08:51, whelk said:

Haven’t seen any coverage yet but aren’t cringey chants at odds with smashing up vehicles and injuring coppers?

Avon and Somerset Police have updated the condition of the officers that they said had broken bones and a punctured lung sustained at the Bristol protest.

None of them had broken bones nor a punctured lung. 

Why let the facts stand in the way of a good story?

53 minutes ago, ecuk268 said:

Avon and Somerset Police have updated the condition of the officers that they said had broken bones and a punctured lung sustained at the Bristol protest.

And I suppose the photos of burning Police vans were faked ?

2 hours ago, ecuk268 said:

Ahh that’s alright then I guess.

How about you let me attack you and set your car on fire. Obviously I’ll try not to break any of your bones and all is well then, Yeah? 

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

And I suppose the photos of burning Police vans were faked ?

My point is why did they say it if was not true. Police forces have Press Officers. You would think that they would check their facts before releasing it to the media. 

Who said anything about faked photos?

1 hour ago, SKD said:

How about you let me attack you and set your car on fire. Obviously I’ll try not to break any of your bones and all is well then, Yeah? 

What are you rambling on about?

45 minutes ago, ecuk268 said:

My point is why did they say it if was not true. Police forces have Press Officers. You would think that they would check their facts before releasing it to the media.

Perhaps in the heat of the moment with a rabid press presence looking for the slightest transgression by the Police, somebody failed to include the keyword "suspected" as they tried to balance the reportage ?

2 hours ago, SKD said:

Skipped your medication today?

22 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Perhaps in the heat of the moment with a rabid press presence looking for the slightest transgression by the Police, somebody failed to include the keyword "suspected" as they tried to balance the reportage ?

Or maybe they knew that the supposed injuries would grab the headlines and they could quietly retract the statements after a few days.

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Political correctness. The muslims would be up in arms if they did.

Unsure what makes Muslims so special when others talk about their make-believe religion?

All other religions get ridiculed (not that Islam was in this instance), and the person doing it does not fear for their life/worry about having their head cut off.

The teacher in this case is in hiding with police protection and will probably have to move to a different part of the country.

Edited by AlexLaw76

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Unsure what makes Muslims so special when others talk about their make-believe religion?

All other religions get ridiculed (not that Islam was in this instance), and the person doing it does not fear for their life/worry about having their head cut off.

The teacher in this case is in hiding with police protection and will probably have to move to a different part of the country.

And change their name to Alex Law?

39 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

It is ridiculous but we all know how touchy some Muslims are about this stuff, the teacher is a stupid twat for putting him self in this situation. If Muslims find pictures of Muhammad insulting why show a picture unless you are either ignorant of the fact or just trying to insult people?

Edited by aintforever

50 minutes ago, aintforever said:

It is ridiculous but we all know how touchy some Muslims are about this stuff, the teacher is a stupid twat for putting him self in this situation. If Muslims find pictures of Muhammad insulting why show a picture unless you are either ignorant of the fact or just trying to insult people?

Yeah obviously a teacher would deliberately insult a load of Muslims by showing them a picture knowing full well how they react. 🙄

55 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Sounds like the HT is as weak as you.

55 minutes ago, buctootim said:

And if you disperse a peaceful legal protest they get to be oppressed and say "look there is no free speech. So we can also silence critics of Islam".  

So lockdown rules don’t apply because god forbid we upset the psycho religious nuts who seem desperate to apply the cartoon bs law

16 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Then he’s ignorant then, as I said.

So however bizarre and fucked up a religion is, you have to pander to it. If you get your head chopped off than it’s your fault for being an ignorant twat. If some Christian nutter chopped up John Cleese for The Life of Brian, would you think it was johns fault for being ignorant? I guess not. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

So however bizarre and fucked up a religion is, you have to pander to it. If you get your head chopped off than it’s your fault for being an ignorant twat. If some Christian nutter chopped up John Cleese for The Life of Brian, would you think it was johns fault for being ignorant? I guess not. 

If anyone gets their head cut off it’s the fault of the twat cutting the head off.

Just now, Baird of the land said:

Find it depressing how quickly the school rolled over and threw teacher under the bus, for what seems a perfectly legitamite way to teach the topic in a western country.

Agreed. Although some of our dimmer people are blaming it on the teacher. 

This was a moment that the school should have stood by the teacher. They could have said something about reviewing course content for the future blah blah blah, if they really had to. The teachers position is untenable, that's why he sould resign sue for constructive dismissal.

We are encouraging people to complain about everything nowadays. I am changing some windows in a student block at the moment and I got an email from a student quoting laws and stuff about the noise of the works and requesting that the work starts after 10am.

Buses no longer have 'not in service' on the front anymore they have 'sorry not in service', why be apologetic for a bus not stopping to pick you up that is not meant to stop to pick you up. People are so fragile nowadays.

10 minutes ago, aintforever said:

To be fair, wasn’t Life of Brian banned in a lot of places when it was first released? Must have been right snowflakes back in 1979.

Posters for the Wallace and Grommit film "Curse of the Were Rabbit" were banned on the Isle of Portland 😉 You can always somebody to be touchy about anything.

Edited by badgerx16

21 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Well some genius has managed to insult a bunch of Muslims, who would you blame?

Why blame someone?  What if someone finds maths insulting, because they don't get it? Should the maths teacher be suspended and the school closed?  Maybe, the protestors "should shut their mouths for the good of diversity" to use a famous quote.

The school pandering to this is literally the thin end of the wedge.  There is only one-way this is going in the years to come.  Shame not a big a fuss was made about kids being groomed in that part of the world.  Oh well, priorities and all that.

Edited by AlexLaw76

3 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

I was talking generally, religious nutters have been outraged for centuries.

Exactly. I don’t have much time for any religion and don’t know a great deal about Islam but even I know they have issues with pictures of Muhammad after the Danish and Charlie Hebdo stuff. Surely any teacher would know it’s better off steering clear of that minefield. That said the idiots outside are also a bunch of twats.

2 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Exactly. I don’t have much time for any religion and don’t know a great deal about Islam but even I know they have issues with pictures of Muhammad after the Danish and Charlie Hebdo stuff. Surely any teacher would know it’s better off steering clear of that minefield. That said the idiots outside are also a bunch of twats.

Yes. The school and teacher should have known better and the protesters outside could have achieved their objectives without all the fuss. This is not the British way.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Why blame someone?  What if someone finds maths insulting, because they don't get it? Should the maths teacher be suspended and the school closed?  Maybe, the protestors "should shut their mouths for the good of diversity" to use a famous quote.

The school pandering to this is literally the thin end of the wedge.  There is only one-way this is going in the years to come.  Shame not a big a fuss was made about kids being groomed in that part of the world.  Oh well, priorities and all that.

Maths is a vital part of the curriculum, there is nothing you can’t teach without showing the class a picture of Muhammad, unless it’s a Muhammad illustration class.

Just now, aintforever said:

Like I said, context. No one knows why the picture was shown, it could have been multiple reasons other than a qualified teacher being ignorant or trying to Wind up Muslims. What with you being a bit dense and all that your default reaction is blame someone 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Like I said, context. No one knows why the picture was shown, it could have been multiple reasons other than a qualified teacher being ignorant or trying to Wind up Muslims. What with you being a bit dense and all that your default reaction is blame someone 

Well plenty of other teachers manage to teach the same curriculum without ending up with a lynch mob of bearded jihadis outside the school gates.

11 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Well plenty of other teachers manage to teach the same curriculum without ending up with a lynch mob of bearded jihadis outside the school gates.

Thousands of other kids get taught the curriculum without Ending up lynching the teacher at the school gates.

Edited by Turkish

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

You sound pretty ignorant yourself 

32 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It was only  a cartoon ffs, unbelievable that anyone can place any blame the teachers way. This is England for gods sake, not Pakistan. 

The school have suspend the teacher, closed the school and issued an apology for what exactly? It s mob rule, a few dozen helmets protesting the vast majority of this country think the protesters are utter idiots, apart form woke mugs like aintforver who blame the teacher 

Edited by Turkish

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

The school have suspend the teacher, closed the school and issued an apology for what exactly? It s mob rule, a few dozen helmets protesting the vast majority of this country think the protesters are utter idiots, apart form woke mugs like aintforver who blame the teacher 

Exactly.  Fair play to Robert Jenrick today who spoke out to say that "this is a free country and we are free to teach".  Apparently the teacher is in hiding. It's f***ing ridiculous. 

I might start a new twitter account and just post cartoons on there. 

• Like 2