Cressida Dick

Guided Missile

How much worse can it get for her and the Met? Jesus, from Charles da Silva e de Menezes, knife crime in London, Operation Midland and the criminal investigation into Leon Brittan to a Met cop charged with kidnap and murder, when is she going to resign? Total disgrace, useless at her job and obviously a token LGBT appointment.

On 10/03/2021 at 20:25, Guided Missile said:

How much worse can it get for her and the Met? Jesus, from Charles da Silva e de Menezes, knife crime in London, Operation Midland and the criminal investigation into Leon Brittan to a Met cop charged with kidnap and murder, when is she going to resign? Total disgrace, useless at her job and obviously a token LGBT appointment.

Can you explain how that is in any way her fault?

9 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer to your (very sensible) question. GM only spouts bombast and bollocks and is incapable of cogent debate.What more would you expect from someone so thick that he only scraped into Pompey Poly?

Edited by Tamesaint

8 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

As the head of the Met Police isn't she responsible for the way the force runs and operates?  In which case, isn't she responsible for not investigating previous (alleged) crimes committed by the same police officer?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56368531

Scotland Yard is to be investigated over its handling of an allegation of indecent exposure against the officer suspected of murdering Sarah Everard.

The police watchdog will consider if Metropolitan Police officers "responded appropriately" to the alleged incident.

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

As the head of the Met Police isn't she responsible for the way the force runs and operates?  In which case, isn't she responsible for not investigating previous (alleged) crimes committed by the same police officer?

Whilst she is at the pinnacle of the command chain, the procedures for deciding whether to investigate allegations of misconduct by Met officers stop at least 2 or 3 tiers below her desk. The responsibility / culpability for any failings in that instance probably falls at Chief Superintendant level. She cannot be held directly at fault for every instance, of which there are probably hundreds every year, and applying hindsight in this instance is ridiculous - regardless of the indecent exposure claims, an extrapolation to surmise that it would have prevented the poor woman's murder is a flight of fancy.

13 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Whilst she is at the pinnacle of the command chain, the procedures for deciding whether to investigate allegations of misconduct by Met officers stop at least 2 or 3 tiers below her desk. The responsibility / culpability for any failings in that instance probably falls at Chief Superintendant level. She cannot be held directly at fault for every instance, of which there are probably hundreds every year, and applying hindsight in this instance is ridiculous - regardless of the indecent exposure claims, an extrapolation to surmise that it would have prevented the poor woman's murder is a flight of fancy.

You know you're wasting your time trying to explain things to him right? The Met has 42,000 staff dealing with nearly 1 million crimes pa and he cant understand why Cressida Dick didn't personally investigate an indecent exposure case.  

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Apologies, I should have used the word 'accountable' rather than 'responsible'.

If a private company screws up and ends up in court, would it be the managers explaining their actions to the beak or the CEO?

As GM has previously pointed out, this isn't the first 'failing' that has happened on her watch and that she is accountable for.  At what point do you draw the line and start to question the head of the organisation?

8 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Apologies, I should have used the word 'accountable' rather than 'responsible'.

If a private company screws up and ends up in court, would it be the managers explaining their actions to the beak or the CEO?

As GM has previously pointed out, this isn't the first 'failing' that has happened on her watch and that she is accountable for.  At what point do you draw the line and start to question the head of the organisation?

Why not go one further and challenge Priti Patel's position, as she is her boss.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

There is an opportunity to do that every five years. 

So, you're happy that she is doing a cracking job and nothing has gone wrong on her watch, that's fine.

Assuming you are referring to CD, I hold no particular opinion over whether she is currently doing a "cracking job", having had very little experience of policing in London during her tenure. I do feel that the OP was rooted firmly in prejudice, and conflated events that she cannot actually be held in any way accountable for.

If you are asking an opinion of PP's competence, she is out of her depth.

Edited by badgerx16

11 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I hadn't read any of that before, so the crucial thing in the article is what will come out of the IOPC investigation into how they dealt with the indecent exposure incident on 28th Feb, presuming it relates to the same officer.

I imagine that if it was the same guy then he would have been suspended pending internal investigation from PSD. 

Maybe that's what happened? He'd still have been a serving police officer at the time of the murder, but removed from duty while the investigation took place. 

I'm not sure how Cressida Dick is in any way responsible though. Any decisions would have been taken way below her level. If their structure is anything like Hampshire's then it's the DCC who carries PSD in their portfolio with a Chief Superintendent heading up the department.

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

Few questions to be answered in how they handle tonight’s vigil

Why aren’t they taking the knee in front of them? Very different to how they handled the summer BLM riots 

Edited by Turkish

Unfathomable how those in charge thought this was a good idea to physically break up. Appalling leadership.

The poor family - getting hijacked and politicised is probably last thing they need.

some cunt on Twitter even said well she was breaking lockdown by being at a friends house. What is up with people?

4 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

MET police playing a blinder. Says no one ever.

Shame this is not a largely peaceful protest. 

I know you didn’t post on here then but we Agreed in the summer if less than 50% of the people protesting get arrested then it is largely peaceful, interesting you’ve used those exact words.....

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I know you didn’t post on here then but we Agreed in the summer if less than 50% of the people protesting get arrested then it is largely peaceful, interesting you’ve used those exact words.....

Most witnesses said peaceful but mood changed when police moved in. If it was a party in Manchester where they thought there might be some fight back they hide away in a cordon. Probably fancied their chances against women with posters and candles.

Edited by whelk

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Why aren’t they taking the knee in front of them? Very different to how they handled the summer BLM riots 

Exactly my thoughts when I saw it break over twitter. 

breaking up the protest (that’s what it is, don’t be fooled), is probably the right thing to do given the current climate. However, the fact they let the BLM mob just do what they want leaves a bitter taste. 

ironically, I bet if you took a sample of both of the protests, they’d largely be the same people. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Most witnesses said peaceful but mood changed when police moved in. If it was a party in Manchester where they thought there might be some fight back they hide away in a cordon. Probably fancied their chances against women with posters and candles.

To be fair they were just enforcing the law. You can’t just pick and chose when the law is applicable or not. However, the bigger issues is that that they’re doing exactly that. 

9 minutes ago, SKD said:

Exactly my thoughts when I saw it break over twitter. 

breaking up the protest (that’s what it is, don’t be fooled), is probably the right thing to do given the current climate. However, the fact they let the BLM mob just do what they want leaves a bitter taste. 

ironically, I bet if you took a sample of both of the protests, they’d largely be the same people. 

Usual crowd jumping on the latest fashionable bandwagon no doubt. I saw a few signs saying that they weren’t safe in their homes. I thought a few months ago they wanted to defund the police? It’s hard keeping up with it all.   

1 hour ago, SKD said:

To be fair they were just enforcing the law. You can’t just pick and chose when the law is applicable or not. However, the bigger issues is that that they’re doing exactly that. 

That’s exactly what they do. Do they arrest everyone who drives over 30 mph?

We’re all those Rangers fans arrested?

I love the way saintsweb like to frame everything through BLM.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Usual crowd jumping on the latest fashionable bandwagon no doubt. I saw a few signs saying that they weren’t safe in their homes. I thought a few months ago they wanted to defund the police? It’s hard keeping up with it all.   

Depends on how sharp your mind is maybe? 

16 minutes ago, whelk said:

Depends on how sharp your mind is maybe? 

Maybe. We love Muslims, we love gays, not sure how we can love them both as one hates the other but hopefully everyone will forget about that. We want to defund the police, we need the police to protect us from MEN, we are free to chose our own gender but all men are rapists. It’s fucking hard work being woke, no wonder we’re so angry all the time

20 minutes ago, whelk said:

The BLM riots were the template for the modern protest. Wide scale disorder ignored or dismissed as a few people getting carried away with getting their point over. All other protests will be measured by the police reaction to those. Nice try on the rangers stuff, not many people running around defacing statues or attacking the police. As the cranberries once said, everyone else is doing it why can’t we?

6 hours ago, Turkish said:

Maybe. We love Muslims, we love gays, not sure how we can love them both as one hates the other but hopefully everyone will forget about that. We want to defund the police, we need the police to protect us from MEN, we are free to chose our own gender but all men are rapists. It’s fucking hard work being woke, no wonder we’re so angry all the time

Must be hard work being as thick as you.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, whelk said:

To be fair, on this occassion they were in a no win situation.

The 'right' to peaceful protest (during a pandemic lockdown) was argued in the High Court, which clearly ruled that public safety had to come ahead of that right and denied the organiser's request for it to go ahead.

The Police were duty bound to enforce High Court judgement and the organiser's abandoned their plans to stage a vigil in public and asked people to protest remotely by standing outside their front door.

Anyone attending Clapham Common on Saturday night would have known that the High Court had ruled that their attendance was unlawful.  The Police had already confirmed how they would police the event so it shouldn't have come as a surprise to anyone!

7 hours ago, Turkish said:

Do you think all the women on Clapham Common want to defund the police?

Maybe Duchess of Cambridge does too?

7 hours ago, Turkish said:

The BLM riots were the template for the modern protest. Wide scale disorder ignored or dismissed as a few people getting carried away with getting their point over. All other protests will be measured by the police reaction to those. Nice try on the rangers stuff, not many people running around defacing statues or attacking the police. As the cranberries once said, everyone else is doing it why can’t we?

Rangers is a parallel. Advised not to go there by authorities. They went there anyway. Police left them alone. Were many statues defaced last night? Must have missed that

6 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

To be fair, on this occassion they were in a no win situation.

The 'right' to peaceful protest (during a pandemic lockdown) was argued in the High Court, which clearly ruled that public safety had to come ahead of that right and denied the organiser's request for it to go ahead.

The Police were duty bound to enforce High Court judgement and the organiser's abandoned their plans to stage a vigil in public and asked people to protest remotely by standing outside their front door.

Anyone attending Clapham Common on Saturday night would have known that the High Court had ruled that their attendance was unlawful.  The Police had already confirmed how they would police the event so it shouldn't have come as a surprise to anyone!

Policing is about sensitivity not being pedantic. And intuition 😀

Looks to me like the plod would have been better off just leaving them alone last night. Their actions probably caused more risk of spreading than if they just let them hold their candles or whatever and go home when they got bored.

Edited by aintforever

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Apologies, I always thought it was about maintaining law and order by enforcing rules.

Maybe they should swap out their pepper spray for a delightful pot pourri air freshener.

We have talked before about how you would get on in the police force. You’d blow a sting operation for a traffic violation. Sorry guv but we are here to enforce the rules. 

4 minutes ago, whelk said:

We have talked before about how you would get on in the police force. You’d blow a sting operation for a traffic violation. Sorry guv but we are here to enforce the rules. 

Like I said, no win situation for them yesterday.

If they had worn tie dye shirts and flowers in their hair, stood back and watched (as aintclever is suggesting they should have done :mcinnes: ), then they would have been neglecting their duties to enforce a high court ruling and somebody would be receiving a massive bollocking this morning - Priti Patel would be looking at another contempt of court charge.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

7 hours ago, whelk said:

No, but they Should they have been dispersed. But we’re talking about the exact same police force (The Met) handling 2 similar situations completely different. In fact, BLM was significantly worse, given the large scale disorder and vandalism they caused, yet they’re on their knees begging for forgiveness whilst last night start steaming into a crowd of women stood around. 

A better police force would have dispersed the crowds before they get too large.

Edited by SKD

26 minutes ago, whelk said:

Are you seriously suggesting that the police wouldn’t arrest someone if they were driving dangerously and recklessly? Of course they would. But anyway if you’re caught by a speed camera breaking the speed limit, you are literally punished by the law, so I don’t see the point you’re trying to make here. 

Regardless, We’re not talking a bloke driving a couple of miles and hour. We’re talking thousands of people crammed into park, shouting, during a global pandemic which were nearly out of. 

8 minutes ago, SKD said:

No, but they Should they have been dispersed. But we’re talking about the exact same police force (The Met) handling 2 similar situations completely different. In fact, BLM was significantly worse, given the large scale disorder and vandalism they caused, yet they’re on their knees begging for forgiveness whilst last night start steaming into a crowd of women stood around. 

A better police force would have dispersed the crowds before they get too large.

Ok just one witness’s account but this is why Met has so many problems. I am sure most have witnessed similar at football as well

8360DDC7-9F24-4F70-B9BB-9DA362DFF208.jpeg

Edited by whelk

2 minutes ago, SKD said:

Are you seriously suggesting that the police wouldn’t arrest someone if they were driving dangerously and recklessly? Of course they would. But anyway if you’re caught by a speed camera breaking the speed limit, you are literally punished by the law, so I don’t see the point you’re trying to make here. 

Regardless, We’re not talking a bloke driving a couple of miles and hour. We’re talking thousands of people crammed into park, shouting, during a global pandemic which were nearly out of. 

My point is that police accept many laws being broken constantly. Staggering that people don’t seem to understand that. Do any of you know any coppers? If you think they aren’t empowered to make decisions to deescalate inflammatory situations it is hard to have a sensible discussion.

1 minute ago, whelk said:

My point is that police accept many laws being broken constantly. Staggering that people don’t seem to understand that. Do any of you know any coppers? If you think they aren’t empowered to make decisions to deescalate inflammatory situations it is hard to have a sensible discussion.

Using speed as an example is a stupid one though, as unless you have the tools, it’s impossible to prove. And when they can prove it (I.e speed camera, you are punished). 

But yes you’re right, they are empowered to make decisions. The decision is usually made on risk of the offence. Driving at 35 in a 30, pretty low risk. Huge gatherings during a lockdown due to a global pandemic, which were about 2 weeks from being out of, pretty high risk. 

I think we can both agree that the handling was perhaps wrong, but removing the crowd wasn’t, Imo. 

I’ll end by saying that it truly sad that another tragic event has been hijacked by the far left to push their ludicrous agenda. Whatever that may be. 

The real outrage here should be that she was ‘allegedly’ murdered by a police officer. That point seems to be missing in this hate of white men. I bet her family are disgusted.