Cressida Dick

Guided Missile

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, The Cat said:

Interesting article from the FSA on the possible implications of the policing bill on football fans.

So you can basically get arrested for being mildly annoying. Not that this will bother the mildly annoying on here, who for now would prefer to obsess over how the moon landings were faked. But you can bet that once this gets passed, the police will use this at will to interfere with the lives of football fans who might be guilty of nothing more offensive than singing OWTS in public. It will be low hanging fruit for them.

18 hours ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

So you can basically get arrested for being mildly annoying. Not that this will bother the mildly annoying on here, who for now would prefer to obsess over how the moon landings were faked. But you can bet that once this gets passed, the police will use this at will to interfere with the lives of football fans who might be guilty of nothing more offensive than singing OWTS in public. It will be low hanging fruit for them.

You have to be seriously annoying, but we all know that the police will use the act to provoke groups who are not seriously annoying to kick off. A neat self-fulfilling prophecy tool for the police.

On 28/04/2021 at 19:40, The Cat said:

Interesting article from the FSA on the possible implications of the policing bill on football fans.

Cant see there is any case for changing the currents laws. What (non) problem is it addressing?  If anything protests have gradually less frequent and more orderly over time   

Edited by buctootim

36 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Cant see there is any case for changing the currents laws. What (non) problem is it addressing?  If anything protests have gradually less frequent and more orderly over time   

Protecting Winston

• 1 month later...

Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio....

The Met Police was institutionally corrupt in the way it concealed or denied failings over the unsolved murder of Daniel Morgan, a report says. The force's first objective was to "protect itself" for not acknowledging its failures since the 1987 killing of the private investigator, chair of an independent panel Baroness O'Loan said. Mr Morgan's family and the public are owed an apology, the report concluded. He was attacked with an axe in the car park of a pub in south-east London.

The panel criticised the Met for then-Assistant Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick's initial refusal to grant it access to a police internal data system and the most sensitive information. Mr Morgan's brother Alistair said Dame Cressida, now the Met Police Commissioner, should "absolutely" be considering her position in light of the report.

2 minutes ago, The Cat said:

They've been reporting on this case for years in Private Eye. Really glad the enquiry came to the conclusion it did as there was quite obviously a lot of dodgy behaviour going on at the Met back then.

You mean back when CD had only been in the Police for 4 years ?

12 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I didn't say anything about her. I was referring to the enquiry stating there was institutionalised corruption.

I know, but yet again unconnected events are being woven together by a certain individual out of sheer spite and bile.

9 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

I know, but yet again unconnected events are being woven together by a certain individual out of sheer spite and bile.

Isn’t it more about blocking evidence from the enquiries not the event itself?

3 hours ago, whelk said:

Isn’t it more about blocking evidence from the enquiries not the event itself?

Yes, its about her role in obstructing previous investigations access to the police computer systems. Organisations always look to protect themselves first. It's a thing they all do, then they obstruct long enough to buy enough time between the event and the reckoning to limit the repercussions.

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/06/2021 at 22:27, badgerx16 said:

Does she get another free pass for yet another high profile event that went to rat shit on her watch?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57841689

The Met Police has denied its policing operation at the Euro 2020 final failed

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

I suppose it depends on what really happened. Why not wait to find out what the inevitable enquiries turn up rather than condemning out of hand ?

I've not condemned anything out of hand.

We could wait a couple of years for an enquiry (Hillsborough anyone?) or base a preliminary judgement on what we already know...

2 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I've not condemned anything out of hand.

We could wait a couple of years for an enquiry (Hillsborough anyone?) or base a preliminary judgement on what we already know...

Which is a large number of people, many probably having had a few beers, none of whom had tickets, tried to force their way into Wembley. What exactly was CD personally meant to do in these circumstances ?

Edited by badgerx16

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

Which is a large number of people, many probably having had a few beers, none of whom had tickets, tried to force their way into Wembley. What exactly was CD personally meant to do in these circumstances ?

According to the article I linked to, the Met police (the organisation that she is in charge of) already knew this would happen and informed Wembley.

Armed with that information, what she (personally) could have done, was ensure there were enough police resources available to police the large number of people who had had a few beers and stop them from illegally forcing their way into Wembley.

A novel approach I guess but not beyond the wit of man/woman.

2 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

According to the article I linked to, the Met police (the organisation that she is in charge of) already knew this would happen and informed Wembley.

Armed with that information, what she (personally) could have done, was ensure there were enough police resources available to police the large number of people who had had a few beers and stop them from illegally forcing their way into Wembley.

A novel approach I guess but not beyond the wit of man/woman.

Lose lose; be judged to have underestimated the number of officers needed, or be accused of heavy handed enforcement. In the current atmosphere the Met cannot win.

Edited by badgerx16

Not one, but two watchdogs consider launching a formal investigation of the Dame - I guess we should hang on until they've completed their investigations though before we jump to any conclusions and should definitely not consider there to be any smoke without fire...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/14/two-police-watchdogs-could-investigate-cressida-dick-over-daniel-morgan-case

1977-85. Police Complaints Board

1985-2004 Police Complaints Authority

2004-18 Independent Police Complaints Commission

2018- ?  Independent Office for Police Conduct

Seems fairly certain there are issues with policing, with the complaints process and with political interference. I doubt anyone on this thread has the knowledge to gauge the mix.   

Edited by buctootim

21 minutes ago, buctootim said:

1977-85. Police Complaints Board

1985-2004 Police Complaints Authority

2004-18 Independent Police Complaints Commission

2018- ?  Independent Office for Police Conduct

Seems fairly certain there are issues with policing, with the complaints process and with political interference. I doubt anyone on this thread has the knowledge to gauge the mix.   

2012 Portsmouth football club.

2020 Portsmouth football club ltd

They may have changed the name but the purpose is still the same...

29 minutes ago, buctootim said:

I doubt anyone on this thread has the knowledge to gauge the mix.   

5 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

2012 Portsmouth football club.

2020 Portsmouth football club ltd

They may have changed the name but the purpose is still the same...

QED

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Not one, but two watchdogs consider launching a formal investigation of the Dame - I guess we should hang on until they've completed their investigations though before we jump to any conclusions and should definitely not consider there to be any smoke without fire...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/14/two-police-watchdogs-could-investigate-cressida-dick-over-daniel-morgan-case

Whatever happened to innocent until proven otherwise ? Perhaps you are one of those who are not happy that the most senior Police officer in the country is a woman and, God forbid, a lesbian.

Edited by badgerx16

6 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Whatever happened to innocent until proven otherwise ? Perhaps you are one of those who are not happy that the most senior Police officer in the country is a woman and, God forbid, a lesbian.

I'm not sure 'innocent until proven otherwise' applies if you are shit at your job - it's not a criminal case is it?

38 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I'm not sure 'innocent until proven otherwise' applies if you are shit at your job - it's not a criminal case is it?

Who gets to determine if she is 'shit' at her job ? Not sure that you're involved, or that your personal opinion will be sought.

Edited by badgerx16

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Who gets to determine if she is 'shit' at her job ? Not sure that you're involved, or that your personal opinion will be sought.

The number of high profile fuck ups she has presided over should determine whether she is shit at her job.

When it comes to determining shitness in employment terms, the phrase 'balance of probabilities' is used.  Given the number of shit shows she has been in charge of, on the balance of probabilities, I'd hazard a guess that she is shit at her job.  It's alright, some people are good at what they do, others aren't.  You've previously alluded to me not being happy because she is a woman and a lesbian, but that's got nothing to do with determining whether she is good at her job or not, the results speak for themselves.  Perhaps, though, it is something that is influencing her not being fired - is positive discrimination better than negative discrimination?

Edited by Weston Super Saint

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

You've previously alluded to me not being happy because she is a woman and a lesbian, but that's got nothing to do with determining whether she is good at her job or not

No but it would explain your weird obsession with the subject. Do you even live in the area covered by her policing?

10 minutes ago, aintforever said:

No but it would explain your weird obsession with the subject. Do you even live in the area covered by her policing?

How on earth is that relevant?  Are there geographical boundaries regarding what someone can / can't have an opinion on?  Where is the line drawn, should I only give a shit about things in my county?  Maybe just my town?  Maybe my street?  Maybe just my house?

Do you live in Manchester?  If not, why are you discussing the Rashford mural?

20 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

How on earth is that relevant?  Are there geographical boundaries regarding what someone can / can't have an opinion on?  Where is the line drawn, should I only give a shit about things in my county?  Maybe just my town?  Maybe my street?  Maybe just my house?

Do you live in Manchester?  If not, why are you discussing the Rashford mural?

Because if she wasn’t female and a lesbian you wouldn’t be desperately trying to find fault in how she is doing her job. 

7 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Because if she wasn’t female and a lesbian you wouldn’t be desperately trying to find fault in how she is doing her job. 

Sadiq Khan isn’t female or a lesbian and he’s fucking useless too 

50 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Ah I see. What you're suggesting is that I'm a sexist homophobe based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever.

I should report you to the police for being a racist paedophile.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

Suppesedly because there's no one else. 

That’s obviously a political cop out.

There will always be headline hitting crime in London and mistakes regardless of who is in charge. Patel has spent years playing the blame game shifting responsibility on to Dick and Sadiq as mayor of London.

There are literally of dozens of chief constables of other forces and senior officers in the met who could take over. She has chosen to keep Dick . Next time Patel blames her it will sound ever more hollow. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RedArmy said:

Do you think the met police are doing a good job? 

I have had extremely limited experience of the Met and how it operates, in fact I don't think I have ever had contact or conversation with any of their officers, so I don't think I am in a position to comment. I could comment on the Lancashire or Greater Manchester forces if you like - I do have slightly more exposure to them.

However, as per my above comment, I suspect that the people who keep CD in her position probably think she is doing a good enough job for now. If you want a possibly critical comment about the Met, try to find somebody who lives within their remit. ( Note, this does not include GM, who doesn't like CD because she is (a) female, and (b) a lesbian ).

EDIT: Actually I forgot, I did once have some contact with the Met. Because of my job I was asked to provide some techinal network tracing information to the Counter Terrorism branch to help them track down the source of a bomb threat that was sent by email to the White House on Sept 12th 2001.

Edited by badgerx16