Cressida Dick

Guided Missile

So, for all the fucking idiots on this thread that think the Met and Cressida Dick are doing a good job, wait for the emerging news over the next few days, the first in tomorrow's Telegraph:

The police blunders that left Wayne Couzens free to murder Sarah Everard
Lapses in vetting, whistleblowing and straightforward policing to blame for failure to stop killer known to colleagues as ‘the rapist’

14 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

So, for all the fucking idiots on this thread that think the Met and Cressida Dick are doing a good job, wait for the emerging news over the next few days, the first in tomorrow's Telegraph:

7 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

The guy drove through a McDonalds flashing the girls working there and the Met were able to identify him, but did fuck all. We all know what he did three days later. All the Met then did was violently break up demonstrations against male violence against women.

Everard.jpg

spacer.png

It will be interesting to see what the next few days brings for Dick, it could die down but equally it could really blow up. If any more revelations come out about his behaviour, incidents or vetting mistakes then the narrative against her could build. This Whatsapp group that Cousins was on could widen the focus on the canteen culture and how poorly that has been managed over the years. All depends if the papers want to persue the story and what they dig up, but if they find something I think she will find it hard to survive it.

Just now, Fan The Flames said:

It will be interesting to see what the next few days brings for Dick, it could die down but equally it could really blow up. If any more revelations come out about his behaviour, incidents or vetting mistakes then the narrative against her could build. This Whatsapp group that Cousins was on could widen the focus on the canteen culture and how poorly that has been managed over the years. All depends if the papers want to persue the story and what they dig up, but if they find something I think she will find it hard to survive it.

She has more lives than a litter of cats so I wouldn't be surprised if she does find a way.  But almost regardless, clearly the met needs a fresh start for a number of reasons and CD should step aside.  Clearly she has some friends in high places.

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

She has more lives than a litter of cats so I wouldn't be surprised if she does find a way.  But almost regardless, clearly the met needs a fresh start for a number of reasons and CD should step aside.  Clearly she has some friends in high places.

Apparently, if you say stuff like this, it's only because she's a lesbian - true story that's been trotted out numerous times on this thread.

30 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Apparently, if you say stuff like this, it's only because she's a lesbian - true story that's been trotted out numerous times on this thread.

Its because there is a high correlation between being thick and being reactionary. Have a look at DM and DE comments. Its full of 'she only got the job because she's a carpet muncher' comments.   

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

You have that the wrong way round; she does not have the job because she is a lesbian, GM resents her having the job because she is a lesbian. ( Though the fact she is female is probably enough for him ).

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 3

Whilst she has overall responsibility, you have to wonder what was going on with his line management and colleagues. I can nderstand why workmates cover each other’s backs but the situation is different in the police. There will always be rogue officers but there has to be a better system of rooting them out and dealing with the bad apples. She can’t be blamed for the behaviour of this man but she can be blamed for letting a culture where it isn’t identified and dealt with happen. She isn’t going to win confidence but talking down the Met and it’s problems, but she needs to be seen to be doing something about it. Unfortunately there have been a number of serious issues on her watch. Although her colleagues seem to have faith in her, the public seem to think otherwise. It doesn’t help that Patel backs her up either. Does anyone have any faith in her judgement apart from Boris Johnson?

1 hour ago, buctootim said:

Its because there is a high correlation between being thick and being reactionary. Have a look at DM and DE comments. Its full of 'she only got the job because she's a carpet muncher' comments.   

That needs updating- very little carpet these days

Not really the thread but that poor woman subjected to such a horrendous murder. Hard to stop thinking about it.

Haunting just thinking of the fear. Family’s victim statements are heartbreaking and they will never recover due to that evil bastard getting some sick gratification. Thick twat as well thinking get away with it and clearly thought it through. Woudl think a copper would know about ANPR. 

2 hours ago, buctootim said:

I did some internet checking to see if there was an all-women shortlist policy regarding promotions within the police force.  If there is I can't find any evidence of it.  Seems she got the job on merit.   

You couldn't make it up:

A serving Metropolitan Police officer, in the same unit as Wayne Couzens, has been charged with rape. Dame Cressida Dick said she found the charge "deeply concerning" and that the public "will be very concerned too". Police constable David Carrick, 46, who is a member of the Met’s Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command, was charged by Hertfordshire Constabulary on Sunday.

9 minutes ago, egg said:

Awful, but please remind us what Cresida Dick should have done to prevent this wrong un from being a wrong un. 

She should have taken responsibility for the terrible state the Met is in, a long time ago and resigned to allow someone new to re-vet the whole police force, reorganise the command structure and rebuild trust in the police. Instead, she thinks one of the answers is for lone women to flag down a bus if approached by a lone copper. for one, or run into the nearest house. 

This problem all started with Theresa May and her time as Home Secretary. A 20% cut in police funding and experienced coppers replaced by clueless graduates. Priti Patel is no better, just a apologist for Dick. 

8 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

She should have taken responsibility for the terrible state the Met is in, a long time ago and resigned to allow someone new to re-vet the whole police force, reorganise the command structure and rebuild trust in the police. Instead, she thinks one of the answers is for lone women to flag down a bus if approached by a lone copper. for one, or run into the nearest house. 

This problem all started with Theresa May and her time as Home Secretary. A 20% cut in police funding and experienced coppers replaced by clueless graduates. Priti Patel is no better, just a apologist for Dick. 

What do you say should be the advice given a lone woman if approached by a lone copper? I ask that with appreciation that lone women should have absolute faith in our police, but alas there'll always be bad apples, so what should Dick have said instead? 

I won't get into funding or May - this is about Cresida Dick. 

42 minutes ago, egg said:

What do you say should be the advice given a lone woman if approached by a lone copper? I ask that with appreciation that lone women should have absolute faith in our police, but alas there'll always be bad apples, so what should Dick have said instead? 

I won't get into funding or May - this is about Cresida Dick. 

Two rapists in the Met's Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command at the same time? I doubt that Dick will continue to enjoy the confidence of Priti Patel and other female MP's much longer. 

2 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

Two rapists in the Met's Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command at the same time? I doubt that Dick will continue to enjoy the confidence of Priti Patel and other female MP's much longer. 

So, if Cressida Dick were not the Commisioner and a man was instead, would we have this thread ?

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

So, if Cressida Dick were not the Commisioner and a man was instead, would we have this thread ?

What a crazy question.

We wouldn't have a thread about Cressida Dick if she were no longer the commisioner.  We may well have a replacement thread about Dave or Julie or Bogdan or whoever else is the replacement.

Why do you assume people think she is doing a shit job based on her gender and not on the results - or do you genuinely believe the head of the Met is doing a cracking job?

56 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

What a crazy question.

We wouldn't have a thread about Cressida Dick if she were no longer the commisioner.  We may well have a replacement thread about Dave or Julie or Bogdan or whoever else is the replacement.

Why do you assume people think she is doing a shit job based on her gender and not on the results - or do you genuinely believe the head of the Met is doing a cracking job?

I expect there are plenty of police commissioners doing shit jobs, not many threads on them tho.

......  We may well have a replacement thread about Dave or Julie or Bogdan or whoever else is the replacement.

No we wouldn't. We have this specific thread because a specific poster has an issue with there being a female Commissioner. The fact that she is also an 'out' lesbian merely compounds her faults in his eyes.

Edited by badgerx16

53 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I expect there are plenty of police commissioners doing shit jobs, not many threads on them tho.

Why do you 'expect' that?

Aren't all the others 'police and crime comissioners' who are 'elected' officials during local elections (maybe you aren't aware as getting past the front door to vote is usually beyond you ;) )

Incidentally, 8 out of 31 of those are also women....

3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Why do you 'expect' that?

Aren't all the others 'police and crime comissioners' who are 'elected' officials during local elections (maybe you aren't aware as getting past the front door to vote is usually beyond you ;) )

Incidentally, 8 out of 31 of those are also women....

The obsession with Cressida Dick is just laughable, I expect most who have it in for her don’t have a clue how good she is at her job, what the role involves, or even live in the area her police covers. Just old Gammons looking for a reason to stick the knife in.

Shouldn’t you be more concerned about how well the Weston Super-Mare Police is being run?

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

Re-vetting the whole of the Met Police would take an extortionate amount of time. It's laborious enough vetting new recruits let alone another 32000 current officers on top of that.

Forces reduced staff in their vetting departments when recruitment was low because of government cuts. When the uplift of new officers was brought in it caused some real problems and some forces prioritised vetting new officers over re-vetting existing ones.

In Hampshire we re-vet everyone after 10 years, maybe more often for people on higher security levels. Not sure if it's the same elsewhere but it probably is.

42 minutes ago, aintforever said:

The obsession with Cressida Dick is just laughable, I expect most who have it in for her don’t have a clue how good she is at her job, what the role involves, or even live in the area her police covers. Just old Gammons looking for a reason to stick the knife in.

Shouldn’t you be more concerned about how well the Weston Super-Mare Police is being run?

Question too tricky for you then so you had to dodge it.

The Avon and Somerset police have just had a new police and crimes commissioner elected. It's early days and we can't really judge him on s couple of months work - his job is also not as high profile as the Dame's.

He is an ex army officer though and he is apparently trying to get the majority of the police armed - not convinced that is the way to go, especially given the judgement of many police officers...

There is no Weston super mare police force :mcinnes:

5 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Question too tricky for you then so you had to dodge it.

The Avon and Somerset police have just had a new police and crimes commissioner elected. It's early days and we can't really judge him on s couple of months work - his job is also not as high profile as the Dame's.

He is an ex army officer though and he is apparently trying to get the majority of the police armed - not convinced that is the way to go, especially given the judgement of many police officers...

There is no Weston super mare police force :mcinnes:

I think that a PCC has a different job to Cressida Dick. For some reason there are some counties with elected mayors who don't have a PCC and their role is done by a deputy mayor which I believe is the case in London.

The overwhelming majority of the country have a Chief Constable and a PCC like you say.

The PCC role is quite low key though. They hold budgets, run things like estates and have input on some agenda but the real work is done by the Chief Constable who sets the tone for the force.

It's a bit like Gao and Hassenhuttl, haha.

8 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I think that a PCC has a different job to Cressida Dick. For some reason there are some counties with elected mayors who don't have a PCC and their role is done by a deputy mayor which I believe is the case in London.

The overwhelming majority of the country have a Chief Constable and a PCC like you say.

The PCC role is quite low key though. They hold budgets, run things like estates and have input on some agenda but the real work is done by the Chief Constable who sets the tone for the force.

It's a bit like Gao and Hassenhuttl, haha.

Quite.

As I've mentioned to aintclever the PCCs are elected - pretty much all of them are also serving MPs.

Just waiting for him to answer why he "expects" there are many other commissioners who are also doing a shit job, despite the fact that the Met are the only police force that have a commissioner (as far as I know) as most other forces have a PCC...

24 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Quite.

As I've mentioned to aintclever the PCCs are elected - pretty much all of them are also serving MPs.

Not permitted under the rules. If an MP is elected as a PCC they must resign their seat before taking up the position. And vice-versa.

Edited by badgerx16

3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Quite.

Just waiting for him to answer why he "expects" there are many other commissioners who are also doing a shit job, despite the fact that the Met are the only police force that have a commissioner (as far as I know) as most other forces have a PCC...

My point was that other police forces are bound to be performing better or worse than others yet you seem weirdly obsessed with London’s despite living miles away. The Met is more high profile but we all know why old gammon types like you are so obsessed. If you are that concerned with policing in London then surely you should be more angry at the cuts made by The Tories over the last decade.

There needs to be an enquiry over this Murder and if Dick is found culpable for any mistakes then she should go. It looks to me from what I’ve read like a bit of a freak event that could probably have happened anywhere but that obviously remains to be seen. 

7 hours ago, aintforever said:

My point was that other police forces are bound to be performing better or worse than others yet you seem weirdly obsessed with London’s despite living miles away. The Met is more high profile but we all know why old gammon types like you are so obsessed. If you are that concerned with policing in London then surely you should be more angry at the cuts made by The Tories over the last decade.

There needs to be an enquiry over this Murder and if Dick is found culpable for any mistakes then she should go. It looks to me from what I’ve read like a bit of a freak event that could probably have happened anywhere but that obviously remains to be seen. 

Your point (which actually wasn't your point, you're just moving your own goal posts to try and save face), was absolute bollocks as usual.

Other police forces in the UK have a PCC and Chief Constables so have different structures.  Even the briefest search will bring up multiple results of Chief Constables being asked / invited / forced to resign following various fuck ups in their forces, making their positions untenable.

If the Dame worked in any other police force in the UK there wouldn't be a story or a thread as she would have been asked to resign many moons ago.  Which, funnily enough, also explains why there are no other threads about Chief Constables from the other police forces as their performance issues are dealt with, they make the headlines for a day or two and then they are replaced - in GMPs case the Chief Constable's office door has been replaced with one that revolves to speed up the process....

Your point (which actually wasn't your point, you're just moving your own goal posts to try and save face), was absolute bollocks as usual.

Other police forces in the UK have a PCC and Chief Constables so have different structures.  Even the briefest search will bring up multiple results of Chief Constables being asked / invited / forced to resign following various fuck ups in their forces, making their positions untenable.

If the Dame worked in any other police force in the UK there wouldn't be a story or a thread as she would have been asked to resign many moons ago.  Which, funnily enough, also explains why there are no other threads about Chief Constables from the other police forces as their performance issues are dealt with, they make the headlines for a day or two and then they are replaced - in GMPs case the Chief Constable's office door has been replaced with one that revolves to speed up the process....

Weston Fact Check. Where there is a mayor they assume the governance role over the police force. GMP's last two CC each lasted over 6 years. The title of the person in charge is irrelevant.

GMP not fit for purpose but no Weston thread?

On 04/10/2021 at 07:51, egg said:

Awful, but please remind us what Cresida Dick should have done to prevent this wrong un from being a wrong un. 

1. Tackle the canteen culture of the force. There a hundreds of tales of this, it has got better over the years but it still persists.

2. Stood by whilsle blowers and people wanting to create a positive change. Insteadvof it potentially ruining their careers.a

3. Had a better vetting department. No one wants to work there, as a researcher you don't join the police to vet police, its boring. So they get the worst researcher out of the lot.

Also when one of your officers has used their warrant card to kidnap and murder a civilian, don't just call them a 'bad un'.

40 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Weston Fact Check. Where there is a mayor they assume the governance role over the police force. GMP's last two CC each lasted over 6 years. The title of the person in charge is irrelevant.

GMP not fit for purpose but no Weston thread?

Fact check, not true.

Bristol has a mayor and is covered by Avon and Somerset police force, which has a PCC.

17 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

1. Tackle the canteen culture of the force. There a hundreds of tales of this, it has got better over the years but it still persists.

2. Stood by whilsle blowers and people wanting to create a positive change. Insteadvof it potentially ruining their careers.a

3. Had a better vetting department. No one wants to work there, as a researcher you don't join the police to vet police, its boring. So they get the worst researcher out of the lot.

Also when one of your officers has used their warrant card to kidnap and murder a civilian, don't just call them a 'bad un'.

Agreed. Although I fear you may be branded a lesbian hater for pointing out the issues that need improvement...

1 hour ago, Fan The Flames said:

Cheers, good constrictive response. On the last point, what we describe this bloke as doesn't really matter - he's a vile piece of shit and the important thing is that lessons are learned to reduce the prospect of anything like this happening again. 

54 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Agreed. Although I fear you may be branded a lesbian hater for pointing out the issues that need improvement...

Why would he be ? His post is a sensible response to a reasoned question. GM is simply running true to form, as a blustering, mysoginistic, reactionary, pillock.

• Like 2

On 04/10/2021 at 14:10, badgerx16 said:

No we wouldn't. We have this specific thread because a specific poster has an issue with there being a female Commissioner. The fact that she is also an 'out' lesbian merely compounds her faults in his eyes.

Does Harriet Harmen want her out because she’s a chick & Lesbian? 

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Until the people who are her superiors and keep her in her post change their minds then all other opinions on CD are effectively moot.

Are all opinions on Ralph moot because GAO won’t sack him, what about Boris, are they moot as well. Surely people’s opinions aren’t moot if it builds momentum towards her sacking. I’m not saying GM’s opinion will make a blind bit of difference either way, but surely  there’s a legitimate debate to be had without resorting to “he only wants her sacked because she’s a Les”. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter