Cressida Dick

Guided Missile

34 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I’m not saying GM’s opinion will make a blind bit of difference either way, but surely  there’s a legitimate debate to be had

There is but,

34 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

..... “he only wants her sacked because she’s a Les”. 

IMO this is a factor..

( I admit that I have made it part of my life's work to slag him off at every opportunity, and to oppose just about everything he posts, so maybe my response to him on this thread is slanted. )

Edited by badgerx16

37 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Are all opinions on Ralph moot because GAO won’t sack him, what about Boris, are they moot as well. Surely people’s opinions aren’t moot if it builds momentum towards her sacking. I’m not saying GM’s opinion will make a blind bit of difference either way, but surely  there’s a legitimate debate to be had without resorting to “he only wants her sacked because she’s a Les”. 

Sacking public officials because they have become whipping boys for the tabloids is a really dodgy road to travel down. All it will lead to is ever fewer quality people wanting the job, just as has happened with politicians. 

I have absolutely no idea if Cressida Dick is good at her job or not - and nor have 99.9% of her critics. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, buctootim said:

Sacking public officials because they have become whipping boys for the tabloids is a really dodgy road to travel down. All it will lead to is ever fewer quality people wanting the job, just as has happened with politicians. 

I have absolutely no idea if Cressida Dick is good at her job or not - and nor have 99.9% of her critics. 

You’d be calling for a Tory Health Secretary to be sacked if there’s people laying in corridors or still in ambulances because we’ve run out of beds this winter. That person can’t really manage micro manage  capacity, but will still be held accountable. The same applies here, the Met is a shit storm and somebody should be accountable. GM might want her sacked because she prefers other chicks, but you want her to remain in post for the same reason. All this “I don’t know if she’s good at her job” defence, won’t be afforded to Tories. Only people that most Tories want sacked. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

22 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

You’d be calling for a Tory Health Secretary to be sacked if there’s people laying in corridors or still in ambulances because we’ve run out of beds this winter. That person can’t really manage micro manage  capacity, but will still be held accountable. The same applies here, the Met is a shit storm and somebody should be accountable. GM might want her sacked because she prefers other chicks, but you want her to remain in post for the same reason. All this “I don’t know if she’s good at her job” defence, won’t be afforded to Tories. Only people that most Tories want sacked. 

There is a huge difference between being an elected politician and career professional. Politicians are made or broken by public opinion -thats the rules of the game where you benefit or lose depending on whether you tell a good joke or shag somebody the public approve of. I dont want the same JD for a Police Commissioner. 

33 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Isn't the accurate comparison to the Health Secretary in this instance the Home Secretary?

Edited by CB Fry

43 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Maybe the Met is a shit storm because of the cuts made by the Tories and not decisions made by Dick?

I couldn't give a monkeys if she is sacked for doing a genuinely bad job but she shouldn't be forced out by some gammon-led media witch hunt. There needs to be an enquiry into the Sarah Everard murder and anyone found culpable should be help to account - including Dick.  

Edited by aintforever

1 minute ago, aintforever said:

Maybe the Met is a shit storm because of the cuts made by the Tories and not decisions made by Dick?

I couldn't give a monkeys if she is sacked for doing a genuinely bad job but she shouldn't be forced out by some gammon-led media witch hunt. There needs to be an enquiry into the Sarah Everard murder and anyone found culpable should be help to account - including Dick.  

Is Harriet Harmon a gammon? She’s probably the highest profile person calling for her sacking 

2 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Is Harriet Harmon a gammon? She’s probably the highest profile person calling for her sacking 

I don't have an issue with anyone wanting her sacked if they genuinely think she's doing a bad job, especial an MP in London. Everyone has an opinion. We can all read between the lines of certain posters on here though.  

3 hours ago, aintforever said:

Wow, that must be a record even for you - just two days for you to flip flop this time.  Are you Boris in disguise?

On 04/10/2021 at 18:35, aintforever said:

The obsession with Cressida Dick is just laughable, I expect most who have it in for her don’t have a clue how good she is at her job, what the role involves, or even live in the area her police covers. Just old Gammons looking for a reason to stick the knife in.

Shouldn’t you be more concerned about how well the Weston Super-Mare Police is being run?

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Wow, that must be a record even for you - just two days for you to flip flop this time.  Are you Boris in disguise?

I haven't flip flopped at all. I don't have a problem with her or the MET being criticised, I have said on here before I thought their handling of the Sarah Everard vigils was poor.

Wether she is under-performing or not doesn't explain the weird obsession of you Gammons on here with the performance of a Police Commissioner in an area you don't even live.  I can't remember many other threads about police commissioners on here from you law and order enthusiasts. :lol: 

Edited by aintforever

14 hours ago, aintforever said:

I haven't flip flopped at all. I don't have a problem with her or the MET being criticised, I have said on here before I thought their handling of the Sarah Everard vigils was poor.

Wether she is under-performing or not doesn't explain the weird obsession of you Gammons on here with the performance of a Police Commissioner in an area you don't even live.  I can't remember many other threads about police commissioners on here from you law and order enthusiasts. :lol: 

Lol.

Monday - nobody has a clue how good she is at her job so no-one can criticise her. No-one can have an opinion on  a police force in an area they don't live in.

Wednesday - you don't have an issue with people wanting her to be sacked for doing a bad job (the same job nobody knew how good she was at doing it on Monday).

Wednesday - no-one can have an opinion on a police force in an area they don't live in.

Flip

Flop

Flip

8 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Lol.

Monday - nobody has a clue how good she is at her job so no-one can criticise her. No-one can have an opinion on  a police force in an area they don't live in.

Wednesday - you don't have an issue with people wanting her to be sacked for doing a bad job (the same job nobody knew how good she was at doing it on Monday).

Wednesday - no-one can have an opinion on a police force in an area they don't live in.

Flip

Flop

Flip

You have missed the point as usual. I have never had a problem with people criticising any police commissioner, I have criticised the MET on here a few times. I'm just laughing at the sad obsession you have with Dick.

Why don't you just admit it, you don't have a sudden enthusiastic interest in policing, or a clue of how well she is doing her job, you just saw a pic of some police taking the knee in London and your little gammon brain exploded with rage and you want to get the lesbian sacked.

26 minutes ago, aintforever said:

You have missed the point as usual. I have never had a problem with people criticising any police commissioner,

There is only one police commissioner and that is the head of the Met.

Thursday we're back to being allowed to criticise the Dame even if we don't live in the region.

Full house of flip, flop, flip, flop in just 3 days.  Astonishing.

14 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

There is only one police commissioner and that is the head of the Met.

Thursday we're back to being allowed to criticise the Dame even if we don't live in the region.

Full house of flip, flop, flip, flop in just 3 days.  Astonishing.

Going all MLG here, but the City of London police has a Commissioner and they are separate from the Met. 

• 3 weeks later...

And another one :mcinnes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-59089421

A serving Metropolitan Police officer has been charged with a number of child sex offences.

Det Con Francois Olwage, 51, from Stevenage, allegedly arranged to meet a girl he believed to be 13 years old, Hertfordshire Police said.

Looks like the place to be, if you're a sick pervert / rapist / murderer and also want to be a police officer, join the Met, they'll have anyone!

Surprised there's still a debate about Dick:

Two Metropolitan Police officers have pleaded guilty to taking and sharing photographs of two dead sisters who were brutally murdered in a London park. PC Deniz Jaffer, 47, and PC Jamie Lewis, 33, admitted one count of misconduct in a public office after taking images with the bodies of Nicole Smallman and Bibaa Henry. They also admitted superimposing their faces on the pictures and sharing images of the scene with other officers via WhatsApp.

1 hour ago, Guided Missile said:

Surprised there's still a debate about Dick:

I suggest that rather than posting on here you write to your MP, the Home Secretary, the Prime Minister, and the Times. Nothing said on here will change anything, nor relieve the anger, hatred, and frustration you feel.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not just wrong uns in the Met...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-59744052

The head of the police officers' association has been suspended after he was accused of sexual misconduct.

John Apter, the national chair of the Police Federation of England and Wales, has also been suspended by Hampshire Constabulary.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Starting watching the Stephen Port drama-mentary.  Another huge cock up by the Met.  I really don't understand how Dick survives scandal after scandal.

Didn't all that happen before she was commissioner?

I can't remember there being a Baron Hogan-Howe thread, surely there is one though as many on here seem to have a keen interest in London's policing.

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

What coded comments?

You tell me.  Why would you hold a woman responsible for events that she had absolutely no involvement in and happened two years before she was even appointed?   

Edited by buctootim

Police officer from same unit as Wayne Couzens accused of rape by four more women
Metropolitan Police officer David Carrick now faces a total of 29 offences against eight women dating between 2009 and 2020

Read it and weep. It'll be interesting to see the leftie woke crowd on this forum dare to defend Dick now. She must have something on Priti Patel and the rest. 

9 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Read it and weep. It'll be interesting to see the leftie woke crowd on this forum dare to defend Dick now. She must have something on Priti Patel and the rest. 

Not being "leftie woke", as I do not believe she should ever have been given the job, but your crusade is ridiculous. Once the first complaint was made this officer was arrested, and then appeals for further victims made. Is CD supposed to have some sort of psychic super-power that enables her to automatically detect crimes committed by her officers before they are reported ? You cannot use failures of vetting against CD as this officer joined before she became Commissioner, and indeed so were many of the offences he is charged with.

She definitely has stuff on No.10 - like her own officers' records of who signed in for the illegal party that the Met did security for.

All she needs to do now is organise what proper police forces call 'an investigation', even if it does implicate her own staff.

We all know that the PM didn't realise he was at his own party, that he had arranged, in his own garden, but at least the Met could crack on with getting some innocent civil servant sacked.

• Like 1

60 people have a piss-up in the Downing Street garden and the police don't notice (or chose to ignore it) while 2 women who drove 10 minutes to have a stroll by a Derbyshire reservoir and drink coffee were accused of having a picnic and fined £200 each.

This sums up the Met nicely:

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/a-hundred-people-bringing-their-own-booze-and-other-things-the-met-police-havent-noticed-20220111216145

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...