Help me with my research! (Please)

stabell_

Hope this is okay to post - I'm looking for straight, cisgender men to take part in research and thought you all might be able to help. 

I'm looking for straight, cisgender adult men who want to take part in a two-part study examining men's attitudes towards transgender people. 
Responses are anonymous, each of the two sessions will only take about 10 minutes, and you'll go into the draw to win one of 2 x £10 Amazon vouchers. 
If you're interested, follow the link below to find out more and participate. 

https://uwe.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bBJW7Al6OouYgdw

4 minutes ago, stabell_ said:

Hope this is okay to post - I'm looking for straight, cisgender men to take part in research and thought you all might be able to help. 

I'm looking for straight, cisgender adult men who want to take part in a two-part study examining men's attitudes towards transgender people. 
Responses are anonymous, each of the two sessions will only take about 10 minutes, and you'll go into the draw to win one of 2 x £10 Amazon vouchers. 

And you thought this would be the right place?

How are the "2 x £10" Amazon vouchers going to be awarded if the responses are anonymous?

Edited by Weston Super Saint
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Trader said:

For all those wondering, cisgender means a man who thinks he’s a man, or a woman who thinks she’s a woman.

That’s 99% of people then.

And no, I didn’t know either.

Yeah, funnily enough this cropped up at work a while ago.  Once I'd figured it out, I wondered why they needed the term until I realised it was because otherwise you would refer to people who identify with the sex assigned at birth as "normal".  Kind of makes sense although seems a tad unnecessary. 

2 hours ago, stabell_ said:

I'm looking for straight, cisgender men to take part in research and thought you all might be able to help. 

So you’re saying you don’t think women or transgender men watch football?🤔. I think I can see an issue with methodology and selection bias 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, buctootim said:

So you’re saying you don’t think women or transgender men watch football?🤔. I think I can see an issue with methodology and selection bias 

To be fair to Emma, even if women or transgender men watch football, they wouldn't be eligible to participate in this particular survey :

Who can participate?

Anyone over the age of 18 who is interested in taking part and is a cisgender, heterosexual male.

Not sure why anyone completing the survey would need to watch football though :

this two-part study on social views and attitudes towards transgender people

2 hours ago, stabell_ said:

Doesn’t sound very inclusive to me so that I’m out. 

2 hours ago, Trader said:

For all those wondering, cisgender means a man who thinks he’s a man, or a woman who thinks she’s a woman.

That’s 99% of people then.

And no, I didn’t know either.

Can a cisgender person identify as man one day and think they are a man then next day identify as a woman and think they are. A non binary cisgender. That sounds perfectly sensible and inclusive to Me.

Edited by Turkish

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Can a cisgender person identify as man one day and think they are a man the next day identify as a woman and think they are the next. A non binary cisgender. That sounds perfectly sensible and inclusive to Me.

Christ!  Imagine the flag you'd need to create for that!

54 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

To be fair to Emma, even if women or transgender men watch football, they wouldn't be eligible to participate in this particular survey :

Not sure why anyone completing the survey would need to watch football though :

Yes but her post said "and thought you all might be able to help" - assuming everyone on a football forum was CIS male

To be fair if I was not a chemist and used cis and trans for labels for types of carbon-carbon double bonds I would have been unlikely to have any idea what they were talking about. I get the feeling that football fans are getting stereotyped here as a reliable way to find a target group  for the research.

• Like 1

I had heard the term but paid little attention to it and assumed it meant the opposite of what it actually means. It's got cis in it in it.

To continue the lesson, cis is latin for 'on this side of'.

Love trans people but won't ever refer to myself as cisgender.