Do we sell Prowse?

ally_uk

7 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Phillips is genuinely an awful player. He had one good game for England last summer and has lived off it ever since. No idea what he's even meant to bring to a team. Not much better than Winks.

Do you not think his return was instrumental in Leeds survival?

Edited by Toussaint

14 minutes ago, Killers Knee said:

$75m is enough to build a new core of the team.  4 new quality players in the spine of the team.  GK, CD, CM, ST.  If they help us concede 10 less goal in a season and score 10 more, we are much better off selling.

Of course we are, I ve been advocating since last summer.

11 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Phillips is genuinely an awful player. He had one good game for England last summer and has lived off it ever since. No idea what he's even meant to bring to a team. Not much better than Winks.

No offence mate, but that's pure bollocks.

12 minutes ago, cloggy saint said:

No offence mate, but that's pure bollocks.

Matter of opinion.

Watch him get exposed at City and within 18 months, he'll be loaned out to Villa, be a bit part player, return to City and be sold to whoever has just been promoted at the time.

Edited by Bad Wolf
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Matter of opinion.

Watch him get exposed at City and within 18 months, he'll be loaned out to Villa, be a bit part player, return to City and be sold to whoever has just been promoted at the time.

What do you mean by exposed? Showed up as not being good enough?

City being exposed on the break is exactly why they have signed him. He covers the ground like Morgan used to (and what we badly miss ourselves). Leeds were a completely different side with and without him. With 60 games a season I suspect he'll play a fair few.

10 hours ago, Chez said:

What do you mean by exposed? Showed up as not being good enough?

City being exposed on the break is exactly why they have signed him. He covers the ground like Morgan used to (and what we badly miss ourselves). Leeds were a completely different side with and without him. With 60 games a season I suspect he'll play a fair few.

"like Morgan used to" - a player who moved to a bigger club and was shown up as not being good enough.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Danbert said:

"like Morgan used to" - a player who moved to a bigger club and was shown up as not being good enough.

Morgan struggling at United is completely irrelevant. He was brilliant for us. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Danbert said:

not being good enough?? he was immense for us...... moved to a team that he either didnt gel with or didn't suit his game. 

14 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Matter of opinion.

He's technically very good. Tackles well. Passes well. Presses well. Organises his team mates. What part of that do you disagree with? 

21 minutes ago, Chez said:

Ok. He covers the ground like Kante.

I guess I come across as facetious, but the point I was trying to make is that things don't always work out for players at new clubs. Morgan was great for us but ended up being poor at Everton. I can see Philips following a similar trajectory.  He is no Kante.

16 hours ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

This is all a moot point, we are not selling JWP and he is not interested in leaving. We are building our team around 3/4 players and he is key in this. Unless something goes horribly wrong i can honestly see him being a one club man.

I can see his (already limited) pace dropping off around the age of 32 and him seeing out his career in the Championship. Hopefully not with us!

1 hour ago, egg said:

He's technically very good. Tackles well. Passes well. Presses well. Organises his team mates. What part of that do you disagree with? 

I don't think he tackles well and don't think he passes that well. Pressing maybe but that's not a technical attribute, that's a mental one.

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Ok. He covers the ground like Kante.

No one in world football covers the ground like Kante does. 

Personally I think Phillips is a bit over rated, good player but Leeds fans seemed to treat him like Xavi or something like he has this amazing range of passing, but to me in the PL league his passing has looked nothing special. He works hard, tackles ok and is very physical, but his technical game doesn't look that good to me. JWP is a clearly much more technically accomplished player IMO, he just doesn't have the same physicality.

We'll see, Pep doesn't often make that many transfer mistakes to be fair and he improves players so he might get better, Rodri didn't initially look great IMO but just seems to get better and better. You do wonder though whether part of the reason they have gone for him is registration reasons rather than him being the stand out candidate. 

Kalvin is literally the perfect player to put on in the new 5-sub era we're about to begin if City are 1 or 2 up, and £45m is relatively decent fee I think even after the English premium is added on.

He'll be more than good enough to start games against the bottom 14 clubs which represents c. 47% of a potential 60 game season. 

On 24/06/2022 at 21:06, Dorchester Saint said:

A ridiculous price, but he’s a better player than JWP in my opinion. 

Not according to stats. Prowsey has more Prem. apps.

more goals and an England goals record on a par with Grealish.

The only skill Jack G. excels in is the number of times he goes

to ground in apparent pain and shouts Mummy.

If JG was worth £100, then £75 mill. for Prowse would be a steal.