Ćaleta-Car taking his chance

Fraser Spinney

Hi,

I wrote the following article about how Duje Ćaleta-Car has played since Bella-Kotchap's injury, what he brings to the side, and his partnership with Salisu. Please give it a read if you fancy and let me know what you think. If you like this sort of thing then please feel free to follow me on Twitter where I post more of this sort of stuff @FraserSpinney21. Cheers!

https://analyticsunited.co.uk/2022/10/28/southamptons-croatian-colossus/

• Like 5

Great to see CC showing why we were rumored to be after him for a few transfer windows. The 4 cb of CC, Sal, Lyanco and ABK is a very strong group! 

Love the way he man handle Jesus! With Lyanco also being more involved in the back line this year,  our Serb and Croat will scare the shite outta teams!

18 minutes ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

Great to see CC showing why we were rumored to be after him for a few transfer windows. The 4 cb of CC, Sal, Lyanco and ABK is a very strong group

Love the way he man handle Jesus! With Lyanco also being more involved in the back line this year,  our Serb and Croat will scare the shite outta teams!

Yep, it's our strongest position when all are fit, so surely a back three of ABK, DCC and Salisu is the way forward - I'd hate to be a Premier League Striker against that lot. Add in Lyanco at times and a full complement of full backs and I still think a strong defence is what could keep us up.

• Like 2

Great read. What I like about DCC as opposed to Lyanco is that he seems a bit more assured in his game. Lyanco will just throw arms, heads, legs into everything which is great entertainment but somewhat risky. In a way Salisu also has some of those traits, but they've been weeded out a bit in the last year or so.

DCC is more measured and assured, seems to take the right positions up, gets nice and tight when marking and he's very strong/no nonsense about it. Another point you mentioned is his passing, which is almost always on the money from the back.

It wouldn't have ever taken much to upgrade on Bednarek, but this guy is just streets ahead and it's obvious after just 2 games.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Great read. What I like about DCC as opposed to Lyanco is that he seems a bit more assured in his game. Lyanco will just throw arms, heads, legs into everything which is great entertainment but somewhat risky. In a way Salisu also has some of those traits, but they've been weeded out a bit in the last year or so.

DCC is more measured and assured, seems to take the right positions up, gets nice and tight when marking and he's very strong/no nonsense about it. Another point you mentioned is his passing, which is almost always on the money from the back.

It wouldn't have ever taken much to upgrade on Bednarek, but this guy is just streets ahead and it's obvious after just 2 games.

I think he is our best CB, so assured, and a bargain for what we paid.

• Like 1

Throwing his arms around Jesus in the box is a risky game to play.  Got away with it this time but we can't have that every time the striker gets the wrong side.  Obviously decent and with poltential though. 

Edited by Manuel
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Manuel said:

Throwing his arms around Jesus in the box is a risky game to play.  Got away with it this time but we can't have that every time the striker gets the wrong side.  Obviously decent and with poltential though. 

He’ll get pulled up for it if he does it this weekend. He was lucky to get away with it last weekend, refs will be watching him for that. Looks a very good player though, Big decision for Ralph when Bella Kotchap is back and all three deserve to start 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Turkish said:

He’ll get pulled up for it if he does it this weekend. He was lucky to get away with it last weekend, refs will be watching him for that. Looks a very good player though, Big decision for Ralph when Bella Kotchap is back and all three deserve to start 

Nice problem to have, we are progressing.

Tracey Chapman fast car 

oh we love caleta-car

So I remember the first time I saw 
Caleta- car
Speed so fast, it felt like I was drunk bright lights lay out before us
And your arm felt nice wrapped 'round jesus shoulder
And I-I had a feeling that He belonged
I-I had a feeling He could be someone, be someone, be someone

oh We love caleta car 

Edited by Turkish

• 2 weeks later...