Duje Ćaleta-Car

sisi1992

Our best CB. Struggled to understand why he wasn't picked much before now, although obviously we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

Said it after the Man City game, but his positioning and reading of the game are superb. A great player.

• Like 5

Never thought he looked as good as people said when he played previously, but it was interesting hearing Jones say that he was brought in and asked to be a footballer before being a defender...sometimes going back to basics is the best thing. I like defenders that can play from the back, but I love defenders that just focus on not letting anyone past them.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Roger said:

Surely his chant has to be “baby you can drive my carr” by the Beatles. 

Duje Caleta-Car

Yes, you're gonna be a star

Duje Caleta-Car

Southampton fans love you.

Not sure about lobbing in the beep beep beep beep yeah bit at the end. 

Edited by The Cat

1 hour ago, Saint_clark said:

Surely Madness Driving in my car; 

He's Duje Caleta Car (clap clap, clap clap)

He was born in Croa-tiar (clap clap, clap clap)

Bought from Olympique Marseille (clap clap, clap clap)

And he f*cking hates Pom-pay (clap clap, clap clap)

(That last line was just to wind @Turkish up).

OMG Clarky I’m fuming now, you got me so angry by including that last line. Grrrrr, grrrrr if I believed in animal cruelty I’d kick the cat. You know how to get under my skin. I’m fuming.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, saintwbu said:

He’s just so simple and composed, every clearance seems to go to the right place. Nothing is ever sliced, scuffed or misdirected. I’ve been hugely impressed by him the last two games. 

A couple of times yesterday he had the ball at the back and was quickly getting surrounded by Everton players with no clear out, and instead of a risky play just hoofed it out play, to let others come back and get organised. I loved that. "If in doubt, hoof it out" is what I like to see from defenders.

Edited by Dark Munster
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dark Munster said:

A couple of times yesterday he had the ball at the back and was quickly getting surrounded by Everton players with no clear out, and instead of a risky play just hoofed it out play, to let others come back and get organised. I loved that. "If in doubt, hoof it out" is what I like to see from defenders.

“Nobody ever scored from the Royal Box”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1