Javi de Pedro

Dusic

3 minutes ago, benali-shorts said:

Hilarious. Who was the obsessed Spanish guy pimping him on the forum? HE sent me a DVD of Le Tiss's goals I seem to recall. 

His name was Javi as well. He was mental :lol:

Yeah he did send me a DVD of Le Tissiers goals. 

Seeing the name Javi just makes me think of the 'fan' who others seem to have come into contact with. My recollection is that he worked or hoped to work in a local hotel, but I can't find anything with a casual googling. As with the guy who ran Saintsforever, he must have eventually moved onto other teams more worthy of his devotions.

Looking at de Pedro's wiki entry it seems he didn't do much at Blackburn and retired a couple of years after. I don't remember the episode but surely it doesn't rival Rudi Skacel's saga.

I recall this rumour well l, didn't he get the most assists in Spain the season we were looking at signing him?

What ever happened to the Spanish fan Javi? Seem to recall seeing him in pubs at various away days in the early / mid 2000s. I also recall him being presented with an award for fan of the year or something similar at The Dell.

I thought that Lowe didn't want to pay marginally more for De Pedro. So, we got a Neil McCann who hadn't hit his his early promise by a few years.

I remember being really disappointed we didn't get him, thinking we'd penny pinched and got a much worse player.

I'd have seen him playing for sociedad, if only in passing, so must have thought he'd be okay.

Looking back, I've no idea if it was Sociedad who raised the price, or how well he'd have done.

Did he not get a bad injury? Career nosedived after joining Blackburn.

1 hour ago, Fan The Flames said:

Didn't the Javi geezer scam someone on here or send links with viruses or something?

Hope it wasn't the Le Tiss DVD that ended up on a hard drive somewhere. 🙂

• Like 1

The DVD lad was also a hype-man for the Spanish academy player we had back then, Jacinto Ela Eyena (never played for the first team).

De Pedro did have a crazy season before we tried to get him, most assists in La Liga or close to it. He did seem like someone who woukf have been a bit of a coup, but in hindsight a dodged bullet.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

Yep, I got the DVD also, although to be honest I can’t remember what it was about (not sure I ever watched it!) and anyway it was consigned to the bin years ago!  We exchanged a couple of PM’s with him on Saintsforever - seemed a harmless guy, albeit either a fanatic or fantasist or possibly both.

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

He sent me a dvd that said it was le tissier's goals but when I played it it was just Javi in a blonde wig touching himself and saying "I love you keeth."

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, sotonjoe said:

Delldays was mental. Good to see some old names though ... Um pahars, incongruous monk, minty, boj and of course the one and only "Keith"

Wasn't Um Pahars desperate to be the "fan on the board" when that was all the rage back when Michael Wilde took over the club?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Paul Chuckle said:

Wasn't Um Pahars desperate to be the "fan on the board" when that was all the rage back when Michael Wilde took over the club?

Yes he was 🤣🤣

a power struggle between the various fan groups with Um Pahars at the front of the saints trust desperate for the fan on the board role. It might have been a shit time for the club but it was comedy gold as an onlooker seeing these power crazed people make fools of themselves 

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Yes he was 🤣🤣

a power struggle between the various fan groups with Um Pahars at the front of the saints trust desperate for the fan on the board role. It might have been a shit time for the club but it was comedy gold as an onlooker seeing these power crazed people make fools of themselves 

I recall he would constantly deny he wanted to be the fan on the board, but hadn't he gone on preseason with Michael Wilde as his guest. 

Such an odd time for the club. Why on earth people thought the answer to our problems was a fan on the board I'll never know. 

This then takes me to the Ted Bates Trust, and when you'd get people on here saying they'd seen the statue and how amazing it was. Almost showing off. They lost any and all credibility after that. This is why fans should not be left to organise anything of that scale.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

A way back link to the Spanish Saints: home of the MLT CD-Rom

https://web.archive.org/web/20030923170638/http://www.spanishsaints.com/

and a link showing that De Pedro was the hot topic for a while in 2003

https://web.archive.org/web/20030727094025/http://www.saintsforum.asp-host.co.uk/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=1

I would suggest to avoid clicking on the 'Saints Babes' link on Saints Forever while at work!  :)  

#differentimes

Edited by once_bitterne

43 minutes ago, Paul Chuckle said:

I recall he would constantly deny he wanted to be the fan on the board, but hadn't he gone on preseason with Michael Wilde as his guest. 

Such an odd time for the club. Why on earth people thought the answer to our problems was a fan on the board I'll never know. 

This then takes me to the Ted Bates Trust, and when you'd get people on here saying they'd seen the statue and how amazing it was. Almost showing off. They lost any and all credibility after that. This is why fans should not be left to organise anything of that scale.

no that was Keith Legg the guy who started the old saintsforeveer. He got invited on a preseason trip to Sweden. that was when it all started to unravel for saintsforever, lots of "mike asked me to ask you" posts and it ended with the infamous amygate incident. Should have known then WIlde was a joker.

The Ted bates statue thing was hilarious, a few days before it was revealed they said they'd seen it and it was amazing and the best statue in football, yes it was but not for the reason they wanted

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Turkish said:

no that was Keith Legg the guy who started the old saintsforeveer. He got invited on a preseason trip to Sweden. that was when it all started to unravel for saintsforever, lots of "mike asked me to ask you" posts and it ended with the infamous amygate incident. Should have known then WIlde was a joker.

The Ted bates statue thing was hilarious, a few days before it was revealed they said they'd seen it and it was amazing and the best statue in football, yes it was but not for the reason they wanted

Wasn't there a really funny quote from someone about their reaction when they had seen it? Can't remember what it was. Also Saints go Wilde was legendary. 

50 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Wasn't there a really funny quote from someone about their reaction when they had seen it? Can't remember what it was. Also Saints go Wilde was legendary. 

“It is very rare I am lost for words but I saw the statue last week and it is awesome - a tremendous tribute to a great man. Southampton fans have waited a long time for this and it is going to be fantastic. I really believe it will be the best football statue anywhere both in size and the amount of detail".

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

“It is very rare I am lost for words but I saw the statue last week and it is awesome - a tremendous tribute to a great man. Southampton fans have waited a long time for this and it is going to be fantastic. I really believe it will be the best football statue anywhere both in size and the amount of detail".

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I've been looking for the original articles leading up to the unveiling without much luck, but that is the main quote. Only the articles relating the aftermath seem to have survived - https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/1267518.crisis-talks-pledge-over-ted-bates-statue/

In second place, we have this:

The spokesman added: "We defy anyone to say that the pictures we saw were not Ted Bates".
"We have not tried to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.
"That is what we saw and what we thought we would see when the statue was unveiled".

Every football club needs their own version of the original Ted Bates Statue, something to cheerily remind them that they aren't so fucking special after all. Sad to think that it no longer exists. 
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

What happened to Maverick the copper? He was an amusing chap. 

Yeh hang on wasn't Mav on the end of some of Javis death threats which is a bit mental given he was indeed a man of the law?!??! Outrageous (or even "Wilde") times. It's proper boring round here in comparison now.