Orsic and Alcaraz

Maggie May

Danny Ings was available for £12m in Janaury, so we signed Onuachu for £18m. Wages will probably balance them both out. Neither have any resale value and while Ings might have fitness issues, he'll still score more goals between January and the end of the season than Onuachu and pay West Ham back through Premier League money, while we're scrounging around parachute payments.

So much money spent on absolute cack this season. 15 players signed and we're still watching Elyounoussi play 80+ minutes every week, while making the inexcusable decision to recall Jan Bednarek. Not a single Southampton fan would have recalled Bednarek, no matter how bad our defence was. Then making out that he was some aggressive leader, when we've all seen him shy away and make himself smaller against hundreds of shots, lose composure and score weak own goals and stay away from a crucial cup match to sit on Poland's bench the next week. Okay, you recalled him, I can get over that, but then he's also playing every week, despite two summer centre-back signings and cost us games against Wolves and Leeds.

Sometimes I think someone is actually having a laugh at the top because a lot of the decisions, Jones, not sacking Jones sooner, Bednarek, Elyounoussi, Djenepo contract, amateur goalkeeper, no Broja replacement, no cover for JWP/Lavia... Just don't make any sense! You could justify keeping Hasenhuttl in charge due to his streaky record with us and if he could do something more with a bigger squad more resources, so I don't include that. One of the few things Ankersen can justify.

Sometimes as fans we aren't always right, but we've been almost spot on in our criticisms of SR's decisions over the course of their year in charge.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Archers Road Stand said:

Mara, Aribo, Bree, Orsic, DCC and Alcaraz. How much have we spent on shite that can't make our 11 there? Better spent on one or two players who would be guaranteed starters. 

we have been doing this for years. Signing players to make the bench

9/10 Jan window?

Edited by AlexLaw76

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Still get why we signed Jones up for a full three and a half years if he was unproven why not a year contract and option to renew 

Because no manager who’s worth anything would agree to Jack in a decent, stable wage in the Championship for a high risk, one year deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

Because no manager who’s worth anything would agree to Jack in a decent, stable wage in the Championship for a high risk, one year deal.

Makes sense I guess though the one we got wasn't one that was worth anything unfortunately 

On 26/02/2023 at 19:58, Saint Garrett said:

Yup. We wanted him, he didn’t want to come. Fair enough, 

Not surprising given a lot of the shit our fans gave him in fairness. Let alone our outlook in the league. 

I think he shows the benefit of coming in fresh and being confident in his own abilities, not drowned in the insecurities of the rest of the squad. 

No idea what has happened to Orsic though, the guy that was terrorising defences across Europe, including some PL teams, for Zagreb and yet barely gets a look in, what has he done.