Potter

Kaiser Soze

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

Think I’ve spotted the problem with this 

Clearly bollox, but let’s say it’s true.. if he’s ‘set his sights’ on us, why would it matter if we’re in the PL or not..? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

Think I’ve spotted the problem with this 

Might as well tweet:

Poch is eyeing the Southampton job and doesn’t give a shit if they go down as his wife pines for Chilworth, (Winchester or wherever he lived) and the West Quay Shopping Centre. 

Just as likely to happen given the caveat Potter has placed on it. 

• Like 1

Initially my thinking is why would someone with £20m+ in the bank want to join a bunch of losers like us, but the more I think about it, there is a chance. We took on Glen Hoddle after his mystic meg brain fart as England manager and I still think that was a great season for us with him as manager. Maybe there could be a way of Potter joining us to get his career back on track. It's all about how the club sell it to him.

21 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

Initially my thinking is why would someone with £20m+ in the bank want to join a bunch of losers like us, but the more I think about it, there is a chance. We took on Glen Hoddle after his mystic meg brain fart as England manager and I still think that was a great season for us with him as manager. Maybe there could be a way of Potter joining us to get his career back on track. It's all about how the club sell it to him.

By the people who couldn't sell the job to Jesse Marsch. Doubt we'll get anyone with ambition, like Potter. Someone like Jones, who we're the biggest club they'll manage.

23 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

Difference is that we were the only ones offering Hoddle rehabilitation at the time. Unlikely Potter won’t have more attractive offers still in the Premier League. 

17 minutes ago, Badger said:

Difference is that we were the only ones offering Hoddle rehabilitation at the time. Unlikely Potter won’t have more attractive offers still in the Premier League. 

Probably true, so then it goes down to how well we sell the club. He's played for us so got an affinity, we're a Brighton but only better, he's looking for a club where he can show improvement (😕), he has a house nearby (don't know if he does), you've seen what a bunch of tossers run the top six clubs ... time to build a yourself a legend

49 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

We were a PL club though. Theres zero chance Potter is going from Chelsea to the Championship in the space of a few months.

We'll be lucky to get Chris Wilder at this rate

4 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

Probably true, so then it goes down to how well we sell the club. He's played for us so got an affinity, we're a Brighton but only better, he's looking for a club where he can show improvement (😕), he has a house nearby (don't know if he does), you've seen what a bunch of tossers run the top six clubs ... time to build a yourself a legend

Think you’re overplaying and putting too much reliance on having an ‘affinity’ with a club where it simply didn’t work out for him. 

7 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

In which particular way are we better than Brighton?

Edited by Weston Super Saint
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

we're a Brighton but only better,

Hate to break it to you, but Brighton are currently on a slightly different planet to us, soon to be different league as well. I doubt it'll last, but they are currently much, much better than us.

• Like 3

I’d be fascinated by the job interview.

If I was being interviewed for the managers job and some fuckwit told me he was making the signings of his choice based on his Excel spreadsheet, I’d probably tell him to do one.

I have a feeling that’s why we’ll go the opposite way this summer and appoint Michael Appleton or Mick McCarthy. 🤣

7 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I have a feeling that’s why we’ll go the opposite way this summer and appoint Michael Appleton or Mick McCarthy. 🤣

Not a chance, we go for hipster names with a european twang. Ralph Hassenhuttl, Rueben Selles

Nathan Jones

9 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Hate to break it to you, but Brighton are currently on a slightly different planet to us, soon to be different league as well. I doubt it'll last, but they are currently much, much better than us.

You're right and sometimes my thinking is stuck in the past when we were 'the best team on the South Coast' but there must be a draw for someone who sees an under-performing club with a solid infrastructure and with an owner who seems prepared to splash the cash. Even if/when we go down and sell half the team, there could be cash to rebuild the way you want to.

10 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

By the people who couldn't sell the job to Jesse Marsch. Doubt we'll get anyone with ambition, like Potter. Someone like Jones, who we're the biggest club they'll manage.

Allegedly offered him a contract till the end of the season when he wanted a longer term deal .

1 minute ago, East Kent Saint said:

Allegedly offered him a contract till the end of the season when he wanted a longer term deal .

The Athletic write up of it makes it a bit more complicated than that. I don't think many managers want to risk being associated with two relegations in the same season.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

He’ll end up back at Brighton when  De Zerbi moves on. 

• Haha 1