Matt Crocker to USA

Bakovnetski

26 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Rats, Rats and Sinking ships and all that. With friends like Steele and Crocker who needs enemies?

What a load of nonsense.  Our club is in a right mess and it seems that Ankerson/SR are the main architects of that mess.  We are losing a lot of good people and when Crocker announced a few months back he was leaving that was a blow.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, washsaint said:

What a load of nonsense.  Our club is in a right mess and it seems that Ankerson/SR are the main architects of that mess.  We are losing a lot of good people and when Crocker announced a few months back he was leaving that was a blow.

Yeah, club is a mess and has been regressing for a few years now but we definitely shouldn't be having a second look at what our DOF has been responsible for because the narrative that he's a good one and SR and Ankerson are the nasty ones is set and that is final. 

I’m amazed by the reactions to many on here when it’s announced staff like Crocker are leaving. We’ve been awful for nearly two years. I know nothing about him, obviously, but I’d love to know what he brought to the club during his time here…

3 hours ago, Maggie May said:

I’m amazed by the reactions to many on here when it’s announced staff like Crocker are leaving. We’ve been awful for nearly two years. I know nothing about him, obviously, but I’d love to know what he brought to the club during his time here…

He brought Livramento, Simeu, Small, and most of the kids who came from other clubs into our youth system (both from bigger clubs to our U18s, and younger kids into our U14s/15s). He also would've known all about - and had some involvement in the recruiting of - non-English youth players (ie. Broja, Lavia).

He was involved in our academy for seven years from 2006, before moving to the FA to be in charge of the youth pipeline for the FA (so everything to do with England U15s to U20s, including guiding the development of all the players and coaches) for another seven years. He came back to us three years ago and spearheaded the "playbook" (basically having a set way of developing, training, and playing for all teams at the club from the kids to the seniors).

If you told me the club had to sack everybody but one person and start from scratch, I'd keep Crocker. Make him "Director of Everything" (basically the role he's taking at the USFF) and let him do whatever he wants.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, chiknsmack said:

He brought Livramento, Simeu, Small, and most of the kids who came from other clubs into our youth system (both from bigger clubs to our U18s, and younger kids into our U14s/15s). He also would've known all about - and had some involvement in the recruiting of - non-English youth players (ie. Broja, Lavia).

He was involved in our academy for seven years from 2006, before moving to the FA to be in charge of the youth pipeline for the FA (so everything to do with England U15s to U20s, including guiding the development of all the players and coaches) for another seven years. He came back to us three years ago and spearheaded the "playbook" (basically having a set way of developing, training, and playing for all teams at the club from the kids to the seniors).

If you told me the club had to sack everybody but one person and start from scratch, I'd keep Crocker. Make him "Director of Everything" (basically the role he's taking at the USFF) and let him do whatever he wants.

Livramento i'll give you, but I don't think we should be applauding him for finding Small or Simeu. The later two will just drift off into lower league obscurity.

The youth signings we made this summer, in addition to the likes of Lavia, Edozie etc were 100% Shields.

Give him Credit for Livramento for sure, and the likes of Ballard and Doyle over the last few years, but he has been part of the setup who thought it was a good idea to offer Moussa a new deal.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Fabrice29 said:

Yeah, club is a mess and has been regressing for a few years now but we definitely shouldn't be having a second look at what our DOF has been responsible for because the narrative that he's a good one and SR and Ankerson are the nasty ones is set and that is final. 

As already demonstrated, Semmens, crocker, and Ralph etc. did a good job with the rescoures available 🤷‍♂️

Crocker was very good at his role and him choosing not to be part of the SR project is certainly a loss for saints. 

Edited by Saint86

3 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

The youth we made this summer, in addition to the likes of Lavia, Edozie etc were 100% Shields.

Give him Credit for Livramento for sure, and the likes of Ballard and Doyle over the last few years, but he has been part of the setup who thought it was a good idea to offer Moussa a new deal.

This is wrong. Discussed clearly in the athletic this past week that lavia, abk, bazunu deals were initiated by the previous recruitment team at the start of last year (2022).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

As already demonstrated, Semmens, crocker, and Ralph etc. did a good job with the rescoures available 🤷‍♂️

Crocker was very good at his role and him choosing not to be part of the SR project is certainly a loss for saints. 

I don't doubt he's done some very good stuff at the club, evidently the youth and womens teams have improved massively in his time here. However I do find it amusing that he's basically taken a back seat in terms of publicity throughout his time here and let others be the face of things who then in turn have taken all the slack for what has clearly been a regression on the mens football side.

Now, I would argue others are more fundamentally at fault for that (Ralph is the main culprit IMO) but I don't think someone who has been basically running the club for a few years now should just get a free pass while others who have been working alongside him take a shed load of stick. He's just as culpable as Semmens, SR, Ankerson and whoever else people want to blame, but it seems to me that mainly because he's not done any (or many) public interviews, fans forums etc then he's been forgotten about and has come out of it all squeaky clean. 

3 hours ago, Fabrice29 said:

I don't doubt he's done some very good stuff at the club, evidently the youth and womens teams have improved massively in his time here. However I do find it amusing that he's basically taken a back seat in terms of publicity throughout his time here and let others be the face of things who then in turn have taken all the slack for what has clearly been a regression on the mens football side.

Now, I would argue others are more fundamentally at fault for that (Ralph is the main culprit IMO) but I don't think someone who has been basically running the club for a few years now should just get a free pass while others who have been working alongside him take a shed load of stick. He's just as culpable as Semmens, SR, Ankerson and whoever else people want to blame, but it seems to me that mainly because he's not done any (or many) public interviews, fans forums etc then he's been forgotten about and has come out of it all squeaky clean. 

We were basically the lowest net spenders in the league under those 3, and yet never in a relegation scrap. SR have come in and spent £160M to achieve a far worse outlook. Its an weird narrative starting to emerge where the blame is constantly being put on people at the club before the current owners... 

Edited by Saint86

29 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

We were basically the lowest net spenders in the league under those 3, and yet never in a relegation scrap. SR have come in and spent £160M to achieve a far worse outlook. Its an weird narrative starting to emerge where the blame is constantly being put on people at the club before the current owners... 

Agreed - and it is clear where the 5 at the back nonsense came from in pre-season - according to the Athletic (who are rarely wrong) that is an Ankerson thing together with the direct hoof ball.

To date, they have been a disaster for this club.  A while back Adam Blackmore tweeted something similar - saying under Gao there was not much cash but everyone knew their role and we made steps forward whereas under SR the whole model seems to have been turned on its head.

The most worrying thing is this multi club nonsense and pooling of resources.

Wilcox is Director of Football. Rasmus has been doing that until the end of the season. One of Wilcox jobs is scouting for new players.

The previous couple of seasons havnt been bathed in glory. Let’s see how we are doing near the beginning of next season before we judge.

2 hours ago, Saint86 said:

And yet we're still playing the same way. Same formation, same playbook, same mindset. I would expect the creators of the playbook to have noticed it's flaws and implemented some evolution at some stage, that hasn't happened and is the fault of those before SR came and SR. 

We'll have to agree to disagree I think because all I see if the complete opposite narrative. The idea that Ankerson is at fault for everything and that's even if you've been quite literally the DOF both before SR came and after. 

Edited by Fabrice29

Playing to same shit playbook that Ralph helped structure thats been taken on by the useless Selles, Jones tried to change that but hinted he was told from above what to do ,  In Jones tenure it was a shambles of mixed formations , players not knowing what's what and having a bellend of manager, it all needs to be reset including throwing the playbook in the skip and playing to there chosen managers ideals then hopefully we can get some cohesion back, rather that the tombola Ruben Hasenhuttl uses 

Edited by danjosaint
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1