When will THB and Sam Edozie get full England caps?

gio1saints

Carry on at this rate they are getting closer. Think the euros is too early ( depending on injuries) but if Southgate moves on after that a new manager may very likely ( imo) make the call to include them in his first squad - assuming they keep playing well AND we go up. 

Edited by gio1saints
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Carry on at this rate they are getting closer. Think the euros is too early ( depending on injuries) but if Southgate moves on after that a new manager may very likely ( imo) make the call to include them in his first squad - assuming they keep playing well AND we go up. 

How about when they are on the bench of a big six club like Phillips?

Just now, Lee On Solent Saint said:

How about when they are on the bench of a big six club like Phillips?

Sadly true. More likely to be in the Eng squad as an unused sub who last played good about 18mths ago  ( like Kalving Phillips) than playing well for Saints in the EPL. 

I believe THB has previously been involved in training with the England senior squad, and as a stalwart of the U21s the England setup will be very aware of him. But until he’s performing in the PL I’d say there’s not much chance of a call up.

Edozie is miles away from it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, gio1saints said:

Yeah guess so. There’s at least half a dozen English top winger types ahead of him. 
But he’s in the top ten!😃

Edozie, doing well for the 3rd placed team in teh championship, is ahead of some of these???

Sterling, Foden, Grealish, Rashford, Palmer, Saka, Elliot, Bowen, Gordan, Hudson-Odoi, Gibbs-White, Maduake, Barnes, March, Eze, McNeil, McAtee...

That is off the top of my head, all performing to differing levels in the premier league....I do love how ridiculously biased fans are 😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Edozie, doing well for the 3rd placed team in teh championship, is ahead of some of these???

Sterling, Foden, Grealish, Rashford, Palmer, Saka, Elliot, Bowen, Gordan, Hudson-Odoi, Gibbs-White, Maduake, Barnes, March, Eze, McNeil, McAtee...

That is off the top of my head, all performing to differing levels in the premier league....I do love how ridiculously biased fans are 😆

Maybe I underestimated how many there are 😂. And yeah I am totally biased! 😇

THB won't be far away once he starts playing in the PL, he's already PL quality really - stunned why Burnley didn't make a push for him, they had a weird transfer window.

Edozie still has a long, long way to go. So much experienced quality in front of him, he'll need a season or 2 of playing consistently in the PL before he's in the discussion - similar situation as Eze I think, probably never going to be 'quite' good enough.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Kraken said:

I believe THB has previously been involved in training with the England senior squad, and as a stalwart of the U21s the England setup will be very aware of him. But until he’s performing in the PL I’d say there’s not much chance of a call up.

Edozie is miles away from it.

He trained with the full squad for the last set of games England had. He’s destined for the top, a class player who will be signed by a top 4 club for mega money in the next 3-4 years. Can see him and Levi Collwill being Englands centre back pairing for the 2028 euros. One of the few reasons I want to go up is so we can keep him a bit longer 

Edozie is no where near that level 

Edited by Turkish

19 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

THB won't be far away once he starts playing in the PL, he's already PL quality really - stunned why Burnley didn't make a push for him, they had a weird transfer window.

THB didn’t play all that much in the second half of that season, he got injured in January and didn’t get his place back until there was only about 3 or 4 games of the season to play (by which time Burnley were pretty much promoted). 

Dont get me wrong, I’m still surprised they didn’t sign him, but maybe they thought the £15m wasn’t value enough for someone who wouldn’t necessarily be starting for them? They spent a combined £20M on two CBs in the summer, so they clearly opted not to go for him for whatever reason. Their loss is definitely our gain.

THB will be in the full England squad at the end of next season. A season with us in the EPL and he will be a shoe in for England. Unfortunately for Saints  I can also see him being on a Big 6 club radar (Liverpool??) and he will be sold for £60 million. 

I am not sure about Edozie.  Not convinced he will earn an England cap.