4th Round Draw

Paulwantsapint81

11 hours ago, Chez said:

I think the whole end is about 5800 seats. Not sure we'd sell that many for a 4th round tie...

I'm not sure it's that much, we had 2100 in the league game and that was half the end , here's a picture of Chesterfield's 4000 at the weekend, fills most of it. We took 4000 to Crystal Palace in 3rd round last year for a 12.30 ko when there was a train strike so I think we can sell at least that many. 

11 hours ago, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

We took something like that to Spurs 2 or 3 years back for a 4th round replay, think it was live on SKY too. And took 7,000+ to the old WHL long before that, think for 3rd round.

9,000 away for a 4th round tie in 1984.

Edit: Any excuse...

that Spurs games was the 3-1 win game, i'm sure we had more than 7,000 there, more like 10,000. It was a lovely day out, mars bars on heads, fancy dress, standing plans in the echo before hand so we could all wave at each other during the game. Even heard a few people had some quiet drinks around Covent Garden before hand.......

Edited by Turkish

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

that Spurs games was the 3-1 win game, i'm sure we had more than 7,000 there, more like 10,000. It was a lovely day out, mars bars on heads, fancy dress, standing plans in the echo before hand so we could all wave at each other during the game. Even heard a few people had some quiet drinks around Covent Garden before hand.......

Life was a gas in the Nags Head that day apparently

13 hours ago, Chez said:

Spurs in the new stadium may have been a little bit more appealing than Watford, but the `London' away games always seem to sell out.

I was at the WHL game in 1990. What a day.

Was the 9000 at nottarfkrap? I saw a small clip of the away game at Sheff Wednesday in the 6th round and that look like a huge following.

We've travelled well in the cup for most of the time I've been going, we had the entire Leppings Lane at Hillsborough in 1984, estimated around 10,000, not bad for a Sunday game live on national TV. I can remember taking about the same to West Brom in the 5th round in 76 and again away to Forest in the 4th round in 77. Having 'Football Specials' helped back in the day. 5 or 6,000 at Orient for an early round tie in the mid-80s - I think we'll shift our allocation for Watford fairly easily, particularly if it's restricted to 4,000.

Ah memories of Orient away in the Cup…torrents of urine cascading down the terraces between our feet from our fans above….crammed cheek to Jowl surely more there than the ticket allocation…having physical “discussions” with Orient nut jobs on the bridge nearby on way to the ground. Wishing I hadn’t worn my cut off denim jacket with full set of Saints patches on the back ( well it was the height of fashion for away support then!) coming home as was such an obvious target..

4 hours ago, JRM said:

I'm not sure it's that much, we had 2100 in the league game and that was half the end , here's a picture of Chesterfield's 4000 at the weekend, fills most of it. We took 4000 to Crystal Palace in 3rd round last year for a 12.30 ko when there was a train strike so I think we can sell at least that many. 

Yeah, that looks pretty full, but there is possibly a narrow block at the far side not being used, plus about 700 odd seats at the front netted off. 

According to this website: https://www.wfc.net/stadium.htm the Vicarage Road stand (where away fans go) holds 5796. Sir Elton John stand 3728. Rockery stand 6960 and Graham Taylor stand 5784.

I suspect, as with Chesterfield, the capacity will be reduced to about 4000. Would be nice to get over 5000 tickets, if there was the demand. 

Decent draw. Winnable without fielding the likes of KWP. 

5 hours ago, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

Life was a gas in the Nags Head that day apparently

We've travelled well in the cup for most of the time I've been going, we had the entire Leppings Lane at Hillsborough in 1984, estimated around 10,000, not bad for a Sunday game live on national TV. I can remember taking about the same to West Brom in the 5th round in 76 and again away to Forest in the 4th round in 77. Having 'Football Specials' helped back in the day. 5 or 6,000 at Orient for an early round tie in the mid-80s - I think we'll shift our allocation for Watford fairly easily, particularly if it's restricted to 4,000.

Wait, wait. Are you saying our support is and always has been superb?

7 minutes ago, Eric The Red said:

Game 2pm SUNDAY.

Saints ticket sales windows, and making the announcement before the prices have been set, suggests to me they've been told if we sell out we can have some more. However I don't think the tickets will go that fast.

Have to agree , the Sunday ko will put a few off . 

1 hour ago, IFHP said:

Have to agree , the Sunday ko will put a few off . 

Agree, we only played there last month and making an already dull draw even duller with a Sunday lunchtime ko won't help, especially if Eastleigh play man utd same afternoon. 

International TV coverage is such a nonsense reason to move it as well, they are allowed to show Saturday 3pm abroad so just let them pick the game and leave it as it is. More likely they didn't want Saints fans having a beer around Euston whilst the skates made their way back from Port Vale. 

Just now, SaintNewForest said:

Reckom this will get to general sale? The awkward time, 4k allocation and a decent trip there would lead me to think it might.

Fingers crossed at least.

I'd be shocked if it didn't make general sale,  expensive month with Swansea, Rotherham, Bristol City coming up 

• Like 1

Yeah will almost certainly reach general sale I reckon. Especially with the short sales windows - goes from the top bracket to general sale in two and half days.

Good opportunity for those who've struggled this season to get to an away match. Reasonably local too.

Edited by EssEffCee
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Friday was the one day I couldn't do, so Sunday 2pm is OK.

There are some horrible kick off times - Bournemouth game is moved to a Thursday! That's outrageous, absolutely zero reason that cannot be on the weekend.

Bournemouth one is hilarious, for coverage on Welsh speaking channel S4C 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Secret Site Agent said:

Oh, yes, I forgot about Ryan Reynold United, (not forgetting Thingy Whatshisname the famous other American owner who no one knows on this side of the pond).

Speak for yourself. Always sunny in Philidelphia is a cracking show. 

Edited by hypochondriac

39 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

The whole world will get to see Russball v Kloppball.

Imagine Stephens up against Salah…….. 

What I want to see is Russball v Pepball at Wembley really.

Salah is currently out with a hamstring injury, may not be back in time

• Like 1