4th Round Draw

Paulwantsapint81

13 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

I want a premier league team, Love to see how we match up.

Southampton vs Brighton please.

Was saying to my son earlier that I'd like us to play a lower mid table Prem team like Brentford or Wolves to see how we get on. Would be a really interesting game.

Eastleigh would be the funniest draw. 

Don't want to play anyone in our league.

Edited by The Cat
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Doubt it. They often do them with matches still to play. 

https://talksport.com/football/1698156/fa-cup-fourth-round-draw-live-2024-date-time-channel-numbers/

“The ceremony will be televised as part of ITV’s coverage of Manchester United's trip to Wigan, with build-up to that game starting at 7:30pm on ITV1.

talkSPORT will also have live coverage of the balls being drawn on the Monday at 7:50pm.“

2 hours ago, SaintsFan86 said:

No need to rush it. Keep it nice and easy for now ideally, allow some squad rotation / resting and bedding in the kids. 

Keep winning and a premier league side is inevitable basically. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, SaintsFan86 said:

We'll get twatted if they take it seriously, unless the PL team is Sheffield United or Burnley.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jack said:

Eastleigh home or away, another lower league side or a top 6 side so we can get it done and forgotten for the season 

Away to Palace or Everton it is then!

I’d love Eastleigh.

Maidstone or Eastleigh away would be my choice, although small ticket allocation. 

A glamorous Premier league opponent like Luton or Bournemouth would be good as well 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Kenilworthy said:

You can guarantee that Arsenal or Liverpool will get Maidstone

I've watched Maidstone play a bunch of times as I have family near there. Seen them all the way from when they were playing Kent League football in the 90's through to ground sharing with Sittingbourne and then to their own stadium and promotion to the National League a couple of years ago.

They have a good fan base and decent owners. For their sake I hope they get Arsenal, Spurs or West Ham away so they can take a crap load of fans to a ground that's pretty close, get on tv and earn a bumper pay out.

• Like 2

Normally I say Norwich please for obvious reasons but not this year. In 2003, once we smashed Spurs 4 nil in the 3rd round, we had easier teams right up until the final. I want that again, especially as it means the fringe players can still get a regular look in. Eastleigh would be a great local derby so that please but anyone from a lower league would do. Wrexham would be interesting though...

As Adam Blackmore said yesterday it would good to get another lower football league team, so that the fringe players get a chance to shine and are match fit when called upon.

That probably won’t be the case if it’s a Prem side, do we really need the extra graft of a match against the likes of Everton or Bournemouth as an example.

I’d love us to get Eastleigh at home, so they get a good pay day out of it, and most of us will be confused whether to cheer or feel bad when we score

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bpsaint said:

As Adam Blackmore said yesterday it would good to get another lower football league team, so that the fringe players get a chance to shine and are match fit when called upon.

That probably won’t be the case if it’s a Prem side, do we really need the extra graft of a match against the likes of Everton or Bournemouth as an example.

I’d love us to get Eastleigh at home, so they get a good pay day out of it, and most of us will be confused whether to cheer or feel bad when we score

Agreed. Don't care about testing ourselves against a Prem team, potentially getting humiliated and demoralised. Let's get a team low down we've almost never played and give some game time to those not getting much, and then even if we lose you don't begrudge a non-league team going through.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Personally can't stand Eastleigh so I'd hope we smash them 8-0.

11 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Did they refuse to sign you ? 😄

Haha, I was never that good even when they were in the lower leagues.

Had a few different jobs there over the years and find it a very depressing place.

• Haha 1

Any non prem team at home would be perfect. Gives fringe players more opportunities.

In contrast Leicester, Leeds, and Ipswich can have hard away games at Prem sides.

There is one priority this year.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Turkish said:

I hope we avoid Maidstone as i understand it is one of the most dangerous places on the planet. 

But they'd shit themselves at the prospect of the DEF arriving there