Membership plus

64saint

Posted (edited)

I see the club are now offering Membership plus at half price which is solely so you can buy tickets for the playoffs.  So us suckers who bought this package at the start of the season so we could have priority window for tickets for big games are now in with the masses when it comes to the playoffs.  Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit naughty by the club, both by ripping punters off and not giving priority to those who've had membership all season. 

So in theroy, someone who has never been to a game can buy their half price membership and still have same priority for tickets as loyal fans who've been going all season. Then again I haven't seen anyone else complain , yet !!!! 

(I know, there's always some moaning old git about the way tickets are sold, before anyone has a pop 😉😊)

Edited by 64saint
  • Like 2

Think this happened a few years ago when we got to Wembley. You could buy a membership at the last minute and get priority.

Moral of story, don't buy a membership until you actually need it. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JustinR said:

Think this happened a few years ago when we got to Wembley. You could buy a membership at the last minute and get priority.

Membership plus gets you £5 off ticket prices each game as well (not play offs) so if you bought start of season and been to games it's paid off already? 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, JustinR said:

But it does give you a better opportunity of away tickets during the season.

Interesting how the club are it seems focussed on short term gain, usually at the expense of supporters. The Leeds tickets another example. 

Contrast this with 1976 and after winning the SF the club immediately announced no further season ticket sales for the remainder of the season. People were coming out of the woodwork to buy them in the hope of securing a final ticket. 

Another issue in the past has been home vs away tickets counting or not counting. As a Northern based Saint I might only get to 2 home games a season but usually make 8-10 away games minimum.

I remember for the Wembley EFL Cup final, people who had bought 3 home tickets all season had priority over my 12 games total. Tickets all sold out and I missed the boat. Fortunately the club later released another small batch (returned by players families I think) and let the away games count for those (after a few had kicked off about it), so I did eventually get a ticket. Be interesting to see how they manage tickets for Wembley this time, should we get there.

Home leg tickets for the playoffs doesn’t really prioritise us season long Saints Plus members and it could have also prioritised those who have attended more than just the one game but I’m hoping I will get a ticket on Tuesday morning’s rat race.

I saw this and also felt a little mugged off having been to pretty much every home game and several away matches this season, however, I should have got myself a season ticket, so it is my own fault.

I also saw that Saints Plus members who have been to at least one home game can buy their semi-final ticket on the 7th April, one day before people who have just purchased one.

As others said, I also benefitted from a £5 saving on every ticket I booked, which more than paid for the membership fee.

If you have a Sains Plus membership and have been to at least one home game I don't think there will be an issue getting a semi-final ticket - hopefully!

2 hours ago, 64saint said:

I see the club are now offering Membership plus at half price which is solely so you can buy tickets for the playoffs.  So us suckers who bought this package at the start of the season so we could have priority window for tickets for big games are now in with the masses when it comes to the playoffs.  Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit naughty by the club, both by ripping punters off and not giving priority to those who've had membership all season. 

So in theroy, someone who has never been to a game can buy their half price membership and still have same priority for tickets as loyal fans who've been going all season. Then again I haven't seen anyone else complain , yet !!!! 

(I know, there's always some moaning old git about the way tickets are sold, before anyone has a pop 😉😊)

your mistake is thinking the club give a toss about supporters. You are a number and they want your money, end of really !

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I agree, it is a piss take. I would like to think that anyone who buys one now will have to sit behind all existing members as a minimum, and similarly behind any fans that have been multiple times all season.

I sadly think there is a load of fair-weather fans (desperate to get games on their account for the playoff semi and Wembley) attending recent matches - sadly they'll be a lot of the same ones that booed the team off for finishing 4th and who couldn't even be bothered to stick around for the appreciation lap. A pretty shit state of affairs supporter wise. Does raise the question though, should we make it to Wembley and lose - will a decent portion of the fans that are there stick around for the team post match...? or is it perhaps more realistic to wonder whether they'll even stick around long enough to boo the team off?

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 3

Not a lot of different to season ticket holders who can get an 'additional ticket for a friend'.

All about who you know and money. As with anything in life. 

Anyone know how many members we have approximately?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

your mistake is thinking the club give a toss about supporters. You are a number and they want your money, end of really !

Sadly you're right and they've been having my money for best part of 60 years. What pisses me off is if people who maybe only go to one game very occasionally will now have the same priority in the ticket queue simply by buying a half price membership now, just so they can be at the glamour game if and when at Wembley 

Edited by 64saint
  • Like 1

But this is no different to normal, the membership is available all season long, there isn't a time limit when they are sold up to. 

People moan about clubs being a business, but their business isn't to make millions from us punters but to financially support the team. 

39 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Where do I buy one of these half price membership things? Be great to go to the semi.

They went on sale at the start of the season for the loyal supporters to buy, as opposed to glory hunters buying  cheap at the end of the season for the big finale 😕🙄

2 hours ago, 64saint said:

They went on sale at the start of the season for the loyal supporters to buy, as opposed to glory hunters buying  cheap at the end of the season for the big finale 😕🙄

Ok, just so we are clear - I can still get one now to get to the game?

Do I go online to the club website or somewhere else?

• Sad 1

Ultimately SR are just custodians of our club and whilst we may consider ourselves supporters to them we’re just customers. If they see an opportunity to rinse us then they’ll take it. A fitting gesture today would have been to offset the Leeds ticket prices but there was no sign of that.

On 03/05/2024 at 10:33, Badger said:

But it does give you a better opportunity of away tickets during the season.

Interesting how the club are it seems focussed on short term gain, usually at the expense of supporters. The Leeds tickets another example. 

Contrast this with 1976 and after winning the SF the club immediately announced no further season ticket sales for the remainder of the season. People were coming out of the woodwork to buy them in the hope of securing a final ticket. 

Not living in Southampton, I get this Saints Plus membership every year for away games. Last year, in the premiership, it was worth it because we got tickets for the London games but this year, this membership got us the square root of fuck all. Big allocations like at Cardiff, Bristol City, Millwall didn't even get to Saintsplus membership and the games I went to up north (eg Huddersfield, Blackburn, Sheff Wed), you didn't need the membership to get a ticket. 

So along come the playoffs and you think you're getting a little bit of priority and the shits sell this membership again. Yes, I'm a mug for wasting money on this but I'll be mega pissed if I can't get tickets for W.Brom on Friday because a load of jonny come latelies have got in before me.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

Not living in Southampton, I get this Saints Plus membership every year for away games. Last year, in the premiership, it was worth it because we got tickets for the London games but this year, this membership got us the square root of fuck all. Big allocations like at Cardiff, Bristol City, Millwall didn't even get to Saintsplus membership and the games I went to up north (eg Huddersfield, Blackburn, Sheff Wed), you didn't need the membership to get a ticket. 

So along come the playoffs and you think you're getting a little bit of priority and the shits sell this membership again. Yes, I'm a mug for wasting money on this but I'll be mega pissed if I can't get tickets for W.Brom on Friday because a load of jonny come latelies have got in before me.

You'll be fine for the home leg, can buy Tuesday if you have a membership with purchase on this season 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

We were in the same boat as you, and have had the Saints Plus Memberships for a few seasons. Decided in December to go the whole hog, and get half season tickets. This has been fine for away games, but have only used it three or four times for home games, so certainly not cost effective ( have tried to sell in ticket exchange a couple of times but not seen anything from it !).

Might consider a ST if we stay in the Championship.