It's Snowing

Mole

Not been to the Ski Dubai place?

You KIDDING! Ever seen or heard how bad the driving is here? Well it's the same muppets who go out onto the slopes at Ski Dubai - carnage!

They even drive like muppets without REAL cars...

http://www.7days.ae/storydetails.php?id=73302&title=Drink%20driver%20carted%20off

But there is a nice bar where you can sit and look at the snow which gives an occassional fix when we need one!

Be safe on the roads over there today everyone - sounds nasty

+1 Mao. I grew up in Gillingham, snow paradise for us kids. One of the things I most miss in all honesty.

Today, I will be making up for over 20 years of missing out.

You could always rely on a few school days off :)

Was glad to get home in one piece today, central London was very messy and I was constantly expecting some City boy mong to try and take a bend in third gear or something and clatter me. TBF most people are apprehensive of snow and drive sensibly but there's still some nutjobs about. Was doing 40-50 on the A2, big heaps of ice and slush all over the road and this bloke starts tailgating me IN A F*CKING LORRY. Mind you, it was one of those car-transporter things and they're all driven by psychopaths.

Just decided to take the scenic route back home - bad idea. The car went down the hill alright but wouldn't get up the other side (****ing ISP is really helpful) after spending 20 nerve racking minutes sliding down the hill and sure i was gonna ditch it managed to turn round and get back.

over 6 inches here in Sandhurst and still falling. Kids off school. First day in my new job and cant get in great start.

My BF got to work this morning. Took 30 mins to get 1 mile at 6.45am. The main road between here and his work had not even been gritted. he struggled to get up a hill and spent the rest of it going sideways!! His Traction control struggled badly. And before anyone says he should have stayed at home, unfortuantly this is not an option in his line of work

over 6 inches here in Sandhurst and still falling. Kids off school. First day in my new job and cant get in great start.

My BF got to work this morning. Took 30 mins to get 1 mile at 6.45am. The main road between here and his work had not even been gritted. he struggled to get up a hill and spent the rest of it going sideways!! His Traction control struggled badly. And before anyone says he should have stayed at home, unfortuantly this is not an option in his line of work

Is he Gordon Brown?

Seemingly way more snow than in town! FACT.

I gather that much..! How about depth of snow..? Thickness of cloud..? Direction of temperature..?

In Southampton we have:

1+ inch of snow on flat ground.

The clouds are thick and really grey brown - good snow clouds.

Sadly, the temperature appears to be rising a tad, 'cause the light snow that's falling isn't laying.

Oh well.

Temperature has dropped again. Clouds still look heavy with snow. Why the hell don't they drop their load..? You'd think I'd know why. I sort of do. But I didn't major in meteorology. But it's all appearances. Basically, it's because the ice crystals in the clouds aren't heavy enough to drop. They need to get bigger, and for that there needs to be more moisture. Hence why, for large parts of today, in Southampton, the snowflakes were really small. About as small as they can be and still be heavy enough to fall.

I just wanted to rant about it. There's no accounting for clouds. You watch - the temperature will go up by a few degrees tomorrow, and it'll piddle down with rain.

Rain trumps snow every day. Snow looks pretty from indoors but that's all it has going for it.

Oh come on. Name a good thing about rain. And I mean from the lay person's point of view, not one of my environmental bullsh!t reasons. ;)

Snow is cute. It looks fab, and it's also fun to drive on, provided you know what you're doing.

Can't sledge on rain either.

Ah... just remembered having to deliberately lay down my motorbike in a ditch once to avoid a skidding car that wanted to kill me, while I lived in Kent. Perhaps snow has its drawbacks. :(

Oh come on. Name a good thing about rain. And I mean from the lay person's point of view, not one of my environmental bullsh!t reasons. ;)

Snow is cute. It looks fab, and it's also fun to drive on, provided you know what you're doing.

Believe me it wasn't fun to drive on today. Went to Peterborough this afternoon and on the way back there was an accident on the A1 and like you do i was gorping at it and for some reason turned off at the junction where it happened instead of the correct junction - the next one down. This meant a 15 mile extra detour and the snow was coming down like ****. The road was lethal and my car (audi a4) is ****ing **** at getting up hills in the snow - wide tyres, heavy car me thinks is not a good combination. Add to this the ISP which won't turn off (first time i've tried to turn it off) and it means theres no power when the wheels start spinning. The road kept getting worse and worse and i knew some big hills were coming up. Saw two cars that'd crasjed, one **** had crashed in the most ****ed up place and somehow had grounded it on a little hillocky bit of grass. Believe me i was really relieved to get home because at the rate the snow was coming down it was a race against time. Looking back it was fun, but coming down a massive hill with the prospect of no brakes isn't fun at the time.

Believe me it wasn't fun to drive on today. Went to Peterborough this afternoon and on the way back there was an accident on the A1 and like you do i was gorping at it and for some reason turned off at the junction where it happened instead of the correct junction - the next one down. This meant a 15 mile extra detour and the snow was coming down like ****. The road was lethal and my car (audi a4) is ****ing **** at getting up hills in the snow - wide tyres, heavy car me thinks is not a good combination. Add to this the ISP which won't turn off (first time i've tried to turn it off) and it means theres no power when the wheels start spinning. The road kept getting worse and worse and i knew some big hills were coming up. Saw two cars that'd crasjed, one **** had crashed in the most ****ed up place and somehow had grounded it on a little hillocky bit of grass. Believe me i was really relieved to get home because at the rate the snow was coming down it was a race against time. Looking back it was fun, but coming down a massive hill with the prospect of no brakes isn't fun at the time.

Aha..! ;)

Most schools are still closed tomorrow. Why?

All the roads are clear and most of the worst of the snow has passed ?

Fook Knows, it's a pain in the arse, both schools my kids go to are closed and I can't see any reason for it. The roads are perfectly clear.

We've had to dig up the mother in law and get her to baby sit.

Chucking it down with very large snow flakes here in Eastleigh at present.

Same here. Actually, it looks a tad like sleet to me, as it is falling fast, and not floating down. If the temperature goes down tonight before it all melts, it'll produce some fun.

EDIT: The snowflakes change in size from one moment to the next.