New Manager Preference  

1,165 members have voted

1. 1. New Manager Preference

• Mark Wotte
    • Paul Tisdale
    • Iain Dowie
    • Mickey Adams
    • MLT
    • "Other" SFC Old Boy - Dodd/Benali/Flowers/?
    • Paul Ince
    • Steve Coppell
    • Tommy Widdrington
    • Let's just get behind whoever it is. Their money = Their club.

over someone who was at Saints longer and has successfully managed in the league?

Sure he's top bloke but only reached a number two role in non-league so far - probably about 50 ex-saints currently available and better qualified.

Can you name them please?

Tisdale,

Adams

Tim Flowers

Knill

Wright

Shearer

Dowie

Wise

Foyle

Baird

Holmes

Baker

Magilton

maybe not all available, and maybe not quite 50! But think it makes the point, all ex-saints and all better qualified than TW -sure there are more

After having time to reflect on my vote I'd like to change it. I voted for Ian Dowie, just because he is a big name, but after reading this saturdays Pink and generally reasearching out of interest, i'd like to go for PAUL TISDALE closely followed by STEVE COTTERILL (who isn't on the pole anyway).

I think their knowledge of the lower leagues will be priceless.

Tisdale,

Adams

Tim Flowers

Knill

Wright

Shearer

Dowie

Wise

Foyle

Baird

Holmes

Baker

Magilton

maybe not all available, and maybe not quite 50! But think it makes the point, all ex-saints and all better qualified than TW -sure there are more

Adams and Magilton have only just been appointed at new clubs so are hardly available ;)

makes more sense if you don't delete that bit of mine when quoting it

Tisdale,

Adams

Tim Flowers

Knill

Wright

Shearer

Dowie

Wise

Foyle

Baird

Holmes

Baker

Magilton

That's true - you've listed some ex-saints in management and Tommy fits into that list. However he doesn't come with any baggage like Shearer and Dowie with relegations on their CVs. Like I said Tommy would be a gamble and I don't deny that but it's wrong to write him off just because he doesn't have experience (or experience of failure in many of the cases you've listed).

For the record Tommy would draw a lot on the experience of both Matt and Nick Holmes which would help anyway.

That's true - you've listed some ex-saints in management and Tommy fits into that list. However he doesn't come with any baggage like Shearer and Dowie with relegations on their CVs. Like I said Tommy would be a gamble and I don't deny that but it's wrong to write him off just because he doesn't have experience (or experience of failure in many of the cases you've listed).

For the record Tommy would draw a lot on the experience of both Matt and Nick Holmes which would help anyway.

where did he manage?

Oh, hahahahahahaha, what japes.

Can we stop this dopy Widdrington nonsense. It was a funny little gag launched by the wind up merchants on here, but now it isn't funny anymore.

Cheers.

Hahahahaha indeed. I think we all know your game and a sneaky one it is at that. I am not sure I have seen a more devious poster in my entire time surfing the net. What are you gaining from this kind of behaviour? What has Tommy ever really done to you? I think you need to take a long look in the mirror mate and do some growing up........and if you can't do that then you should think about leaving supporting to Saints to proper Saints fans (like Tommy)

I gave this a lot of thought over the weekend. I have to say that the more I think about it the more obvious it becomes - Tommy Widdrington has to be the man. Granted, he isn't the obvious choice, but when you think about it, all the pieces just fit together.

Tisdale,

Adams

Tim Flowers

Knill

Wright

Shearer

Dowie

Wise

Foyle

Baird

Holmes

Baker

Magilton

That list is stupid. Most of them aren't even available. Magilton just took over at QPR! Did you miss that?

And why is Baird in the list? Some people have been slagging off mine (and others) preferred choice of Widderington, but Baird only played about 50 games for us, and he is now playing at Fulham. Plus he is only 27. Hardly manager material :rolleyes:

That list is stupid. Most of them aren't even available. Magilton just took over at QPR! Did you miss that?

And why is Baird in the list? Some people have been slagging off mine (and others) preferred choice of Widderington, but Baird only played about 50 games for us, and he is now playing at Fulham. Plus he is only 27. Hardly manager material :rolleyes:

showing what a tiny amount you know! lol!

45 years old, just as much an ex-saint as TW and actually had a manager's job, unlike some!

Edited by NickG

I was told that Widdrington was considering an offer from Weymouth in order that he can learn his trade as a boss before moving up to Bournemouth level 2-3 years down the line....Usually very good sooooozo.

sounds good.

interesting that Exeter seem willing to let Tisdale go, but it was him who turned down Swansea.

Exeter shown him they are willing for him to go, so time for him to look for right club - suggest he waits until next Friday!

Not exactly how I would read the last paragraph of the SSN report!

for "seemingly" read will crawl naked over broken glass for the chance to move to a league 1 club with the potential and status of saints, chaired by his old friend MLT

Aidy Boothroyd just been on Talksport.

He said he is bursting to get back into football, has learned alot in his 6 months out of the game and was asked whether there are any jobs that would interest him this summer and he replied "there are 1 or 2 jobs that may come up which would interest me."

Although he favours hoofball and would be behind Tisdale on my list, could be worth a go as obviously no compensation would be needed.

Installing Keegan would get bums on seats,problem is, how long would it be before he was away on his toes.

I'd settle for Kevin Keegan any day of the week,even if it was just for the buzz it would create.

It would kinda make up for the crud we have had to put up with for last few years,even if it was short term and papering over bigger cracks.