New Manager Preference  

1,165 members have voted

1. 1. New Manager Preference

• Mark Wotte
    • Paul Tisdale
    • Iain Dowie
    • Mickey Adams
    • MLT
    • "Other" SFC Old Boy - Dodd/Benali/Flowers/?
    • Paul Ince
    • Steve Coppell
    • Tommy Widdrington
    • Let's just get behind whoever it is. Their money = Their club.

Can we add Tommy Widdrington as an option, please?

Give him a fair chance. Sorry I called you a tosser.

put a case forward for him then!

I would do, but my tea's ready.

how about played less than 1/5 of his career for saints (less games than BWP/Skacel about same as DMG) and has never been a manager?

People need to remember Tisdale have never managed in this league before, wouldnt be to dissapointed but think the job may be to big for him at the the moment.

true, he has my vote but am totally happy for MLT etc to judge who is best for the job.

Wouldn't be disappointed with Dowie, think Ince and Coppell very unlikely.

and if Tisdale who has been a manager for a few years -winning all the time - isn't up to it, how can widdrington who hasn't even been a non-league manager yet have the experience!!!

Edited by NickG

true, he has my vote but am totally happy for MLT etc to judge who is best for the job.

Wouldn't be disappointed with Dowie, think Ince and Coppell very unlikely.

and if Tisdale who has been a manager for a few years -winning all the time - isn't up to it, who can widdrington who hasn't even been a non-league manager yet have the experience!!!

7 votes so far. Two have none.

Like a few others, Steve Cotterill is the man for me. Not sure why he was not included in the poll. Have been persisting with this view for a long time now

Tisdale is OK, but it won't happen (at least not yet), if anyone can explain why he would leave Exeter to join a club 10 points worse off in the same division is beyond me (even if he is ex-Saints). He is also not the right man for the job right now, he is renowned as a slow builder, we need someone to come in and kick ass from day 1.

Perhaps we should go for that Pearson bloke, seemed like a good one before

Like a few others, Steve Cotterill is the man for me. Not sure why he was not included in the poll. Have been persisting with this view for a long time now

Tisdale is OK, but it won't happen (at least not yet), if anyone can explain why he would leave Exeter to join a club 10 points worse off in the same division is beyond me (even if he is ex-Saints). He is also not the right man for the job right now, he is renowned as a slow builder, we need someone to come in and kick ass from day 1.

Perhaps we should go for that Pearson bloke, seemed like a good one before

he would jump at the chance I would think, much bigger profile, job, club, challenge potential, etc etc. Doubt a manager would choose a job over 10 points

7 votes so far. Two have none.

meant to say "how can he", edited now, asking someone to put a case forward for someone who has limited connection here (in no more than loads of players, less than 20% of his career) and has never ever been a manager, currently working in non-league and not managed to get a managers job there yet!

meant to say "how can he", edited now, asking someone to put a case forward for someone who has limited connection here (in no more than loads of players, less than 20% of his career) and has never ever been a manager, currently working in non-league and not managed to get a managers job there yet!

le tiss was a hero at saints, but has only one vote (so far). TW has 7. Think that answers your point.

Team Bath

Injury forced him to end his career early, and he took a coaching role with Team Bath in 2000. His time at the University of Bath side is best remembered for the FA Cup run in the 2002-03 season, in which they became the first university team to enter the competition since Gonville & Caius in 1881. Team Bath entered in the preliminary round and advanced through four qualifying rounds to the first round proper, before losing to Mansfield Town. At Team Bath, he had a great deal of success, earning four promotions.

I knew someone would bring that up. It's true though and fair play to him but comparing managing us and Team Bath is like comparing apples and oranges.

He could be great though but I've had enough of experiments, new coaching setups, revolutionary ideas etc....I'd rather have someone with experience. Appointing a new manager is a gamble whoever you choose but you're statistically more likely to succeed with an experienced manager.

I knew someone would bring that up. It's true though and fair play to him but comparing managing us and Team Bath is like comparing apples and oranges.

He could be great though but I've had enough of experiments, new coaching setups, revolutionary ideas etc....I'd rather have someone with experience. Appointing a new manager is a gamble whoever you choose but you're statistically more likely to succeed with an experienced manager.

3 successful seasons since with Exeter. How many "experienced" managers that are available have had 3 successful league seasons!

Re Coppell - sure he would be good, but with his experience would he drop to league 1?

Why on earth is Widdrington on here. It was just a p*sstake suggestion put forward by some of the p*sstakers on the forum.

It is a joke and it was quite funny at one point, but lets leave it shall we.

Why on earth is Widdrington on here. It was just a p*sstake suggestion put forward by some of the p*sstakers on the forum.

He's only just in the bottom half. That doesn't sound like a joke to me.

Joke? If we can have Mark Wotte as a manager, I don't see why Tommy Widdrington would be considered a joke. He has passion in his soul for Saints and I'm certain he'd excel at the helm.

Joke? If we can have Mark Wotte as a manager' date=' I don't see why Tommy Widdrington would be considered a joke. He has passion in his soul for Saints and I'm certain he'd excel at the helm.[/quote']

Oh my aching sides.

This isn't about Widdrington's credentials - its about the fact he has been touted about on here as a gag, a bit like "we will walk this league" and "HCDAJFU" and "has he signed yet".

Stop it, you're killing us.