Blackmore: Players angry with Board & Reed

Saint Charlie

Very interesting to read his Twitter timeline. Paraphrased below:

- Players angry at lack of communication to them, some have asked for clarification and not received it

- Some irrepairable differences which will lead to quite a few players leaving

- Players like Cork and Fonte in the dark over their futures which hasn't gone down well with others

- Things have changed a lot since they signed long term contracts and they don't feel they know what is happening, same as fans

- Good group of players who are no trouble, so must feel strongly

- One thing Cortese did particularly well was communicate to players - he was close to them

- Big chance of Lallana and Lovren going to Liverpool

- Will come out in the wash once things have settled down

- Not just Reed but whole board that are not well liked

- Thinks we will accept the £25m Lallana bid

Edited by Saint Charlie

Can see also why the Dodd and Williams fiasco will have ****ed off some players.

Since they joined all they have achieved football wise in 6 months is:

- New contract for Gallagher

- New contract for Rowe

Poor return when there are so many issues to clear up.

Would be shocked if players like Cork or Fonte signed new deals now and we may have to cash in on Rodriguez and Clyne before they run down theirs.

Shambolic.

Didn´t even Isgrove get a new contract?

Oh well, we´ll soon see the Can-do-no-wrong-Ralph brigade coming out on the forum and this thread, funnily the same people that used to be the Can-do-no-right-Nic brigade...

Doubt it there seems to be universal distrust for Krueger - he's finished.

With Lambert, Lallana, Shaw and Lovren leaving why would any of these players stay? Surely Wanyama, Clyne, Schneiderlin will push through moves? You'd hope we'd keep Cork and Fonte but why would they sign again for a team that much destroyed? Can see both going elsewhere. Feel bad for Cork though, he's linked with very average sides despite being an excellent midfielder. Poch could do worse than to take Cork with him.

What confuses me is the motivation of the board. If it's just profits, I get that. I don't like it, but I understand. But making £150+ only to get relegated, losing £100 a season in revenue, lose fans etc., how does that make them money? I must be missing something.

Sell to a mug on 1st November.

Nice Asset Base.

Good potential for the future.

=

150mil from player sales pocketed

30mil PL payment pocketed

Charge some mug 120mil instead of 160 mil now

simples

Will almost be a case of starting from stratch which surely will mean a relegation battle and its utterly bizarre for a PL club.

Ultimatetly the makeup of the new Board is wrong.

Not just that though, I don't think I'm being OTT here - but this kind of potential dismantling and complete gutting of the club could send us on a 1 way ticket back to the lower leagues. Momentum is everything in football, that is seemingly being ripped away from underneath us as we speak.

Birmingham almost went, wolves had 2 successive relegations - it's possible that by 2016/17 we could be back at square 1 if we're not careful. Someone needs to get a grip on this situation now and fast.

Only difference is that we will have quite a lot of cash as probably have 5 players worth £15m plus and a few others worth over £5m.

If we spend some of that we could be competitive but will need more Lovrens and lesa Forren's to be identified.

IMO the Manager choice will say a lot. No Manager worth his salt will want to come here at the moment unless they are promised sizeable funds.

If we get a decent Manager then perhaps we can scrape though, of we get a no mark then we could be in serious trouble.

It's quite impressive the colossal scale of great season to a seemingly inevitable squad disintegration. Only Saints could do this.

I was trying to keep an open mind until the end of the transfer window but every single thing that comes out in the press screams meltdown.

What the **** are the board playing at?

I hope we are all just overrating...but it doesn't look likely. A decent manager needs to come in ASAP to try and allay some players fears before the previous 5 years progress is undone in a few weeks.

We need a new owner.

No I don't think so. We need a new Director of football who has some real experience of implementing a transfer strategy and allow Les Reed to go back to his role of Head of football Development.

I have no belief in Reed to a) keep the current squad happy and b) negotiate transfers well, both incoming and outgoing. Adam Blackmore's tweets only confirms that belief

Sell to a mug on 1st November.

Nice Asset Base.

Good potential for the future.

=

150mil from player sales pocketed

30mil PL payment pocketed

Charge some mug 120mil instead of 160 mil now

simples

They're obviously not going to do that.

With regard to the OP, Blackmore says a lot, but he says nothing. What is the actual issue between board and players? Why don't the players like the board? What do they want to see happen that hasn't happened? Blackmore doesn't give any detail.

On 16th May, I began a thread saying that if we were not a selling club, the Board should have issued a statement to counter the speculation and belief amongst the top clubs that we were prepared to sell our star players. Of course they couldn't make such a statement if in fact they were open to offers. Quite a few 'head in the sand' merchants chose to be abusive over what I said. Eventually, we had Kruguer saying publicly that no key players would be leaving unless it was to Southampton's benefit. We have now lost one England international, we hear that talks are re-opened to sell another and that the bid for the third one has been increased.

How can selling your key players be in the interests of the team? Obviously it can't, but it does put money in the bank, so if what Kruguer meant by being to the benefit of Southampton, was making money, then its all going very successfully. It is no surprise at all to be told that the players - other than those being sold - are as sick of this as are many of the fans. Once our club became the private plaything of one rich owner, this was always the risk, a risk that seemed unreal while Cortese was running the club for the Leibherr Trust, but it is very apparent now why he left.

With regard to the OP, Blackmore says a lot, but he says nothing. What is the actual issue between board and players? Why don't the players like the board? What do they want to see happen that hasn't happened? Blackmore doesn't give any detail.

Read it again, its quite clear.

There is no communication between the players and the Board.

That is the problem. Players have tried to speak to them to find out what is happening, what the plans are, when contract talks can happen etc and have basically been fobbed off/ignored.

Agreed. How can players be angry? Apart from Cork and Fonte, everyone has long term contracts. Do they really need someone to phone them up and say 'everythings ok' every 2 weeks?

I also thought they'd all gone on holiday, so how has Blackmore been talking to them? Surely they're waiting, like the rest of us, for a manager to be appointed.

And on top of all of this, if this was such a big problem, why did he not mention it to Krueger in the interview and ask him about it?

That is the problem. Players have tried to speak to them to find out what is happening, what the plans are, when contract talks can happen etc and have basically been fobbed off/ignored.

For a start, players don't talk to them about contracts, that's left to agents.

For a start, players don't talk to them about contracts, that's left to agents.

Keep denying if you want, but I will trust Blackmore, he is usually on the money and speaks to the players.

It is a major problem. They do not respect the people in charge.

Cortese communicated well with players, they knew where they stood and what the club's plans were. Now they feel ignored.

Not a huge motivator I am sure, especially when you know bigger teams are interested in you anyway..

Edited by Saint Charlie

Not just that though, I don't think I'm being OTT here - but this kind of potential dismantling and complete gutting of the club could send us on a 1 way ticket back to the lower leagues. Momentum is everything in football, that is seemingly being ripped away from underneath us as we speak.

Birmingham almost went, wolves had 2 successive relegations - it's possible that by 2016/17 we could be back at square 1 if we're not careful. Someone needs to get a grip on this situation now and fast.

Too think you were telling others about being ott just a few weeks ago with their reactions. Sadly the nightmare some of us feared is slowly coming true

I don't need to read it again. So Fonte and Cork have been fobbed off from contract talks? That's fair criticism, that should have been sorted by the club if that's the case, what else should the board have done that they haven't? What constitutes sufficient communication in this context?

I've tried hard to believe the wheels aren't falling off but Blackmore isn't Crook, he's close to the club and to players. Surely the board and KL aren't complete idiots and realise this all needs sorting out , starting with the appointment of a new manager. If that turns out to be Christian gross then well know they haven't got a scooby

Agreed. How can players be angry? Apart from Cork and Fonte, everyone has long term contracts. Do they really need someone to phone them up and say 'everythings ok' every 2 weeks?

I also thought they'd all gone on holiday, so how has Blackmore been talking to them? Surely they're waiting, like the rest of us, for a manager to be appointed.

And on top of all of this, if this was such a big problem, why did he not mention it to Krueger in the interview and ask him about it?

Exactly. There are obviously issues to sort out within the club and the new board are going to have to step up to the mark pretty quick, but what do the majority of players have to be unhappy about?

I don't need to read it again. So Fonte and Cork have been fobbed off from contract talks? That's fair criticism, that should have been sorted by the club if that's the case, what else should the board have done that they haven't? What constitutes sufficient communication in this context?

Whatever I say you will just respond with a question like normal so I won't bother. Sure everything is fine and its just media driven hype.

Really worrying if true. Accepting subpar bids from liverpool for our captain would be bad. Letting them making off with Lovren too would be worse. No doubt the rest of the good players in the1st team squad would follow if that is the case.

Only thing i can see coming out in the wash is our premiership status.

Find it odd that they are merrily getting youngsters signed to contracts whilst ignoring senior squad. Wonder if they just see see the senior squad as cash cows to be milked for every penny they can and replaced with the academy players and a few cheap purchases.

Only difference is that we will have quite a lot of cash as probably have 5 players worth £15m plus and a few others worth over £5m.

If we spend some of that we could be competitive but will need more Lovrens and lesa Forren's to be identified.

IMO the Manager choice will say a lot. No Manager worth his salt will want to come here at the moment unless they are promised sizeable funds.

If we get a decent Manager then perhaps we can scrape though, of we get a no mark then we could be in serious trouble.

No "We" won't Katharina Leibherr will

Why can't people get the simple fact that KL does NOT share her late Father's passion for Saints, and will NOT be investing in players

Also, brace yourselves for a "no ambition yes man" as Manager

Whatever I say you will just respond with a question like normal so I won't bother. Sure everything is fine and its just media driven hype.
Where have I said everything is fine? I've said the opposite,there are clearly issues, but what is the detail? If you're unable to answer it, so be it.

Where have I said everything is fine? I've said the opposite,there are clearly issues, but what is the detail? If you're unable to answer it, so be it.

I don't know the ins and out, I just bothered to post the info. If I answered it would just be an opinion.

But Blackmore is close to the players so ask him what more the Board could have done and he will probably tell you.

His Twitter is @bigadamaport and he is pretty responsive.

What decisions?

selling Lambert, selling Lallana, selling Shaw and possibly Loveren, Bringing in a hockey coach, not talking to players and letting them know of the plan, not holding on to the manager, sacking club servants like Dodd etc

You would of had a field day and you know it

Really worrying if true. Accepting subpar bids from liverpool for our captain would be bad. Letting them making off with Lovren too would be worse. No doubt the rest of the good players in the1st team squad would follow if that is the case.

Only thing i can see coming out in the wash is our premiership status.

Find it odd that they are merrily getting youngsters signed to contracts whilst ignoring senior squad. Wonder if they just see see the senior squad as cash cows to be milked for every penny they can and replaced with the academy players and a few cheap purchases.

I would be quite happy in the Championship the PL is just money money money with the fans demanding more of someone else's money be spent to get to a position which is unattainable.

SFC are not one of the elite clubs and in the current environment never will investing another £50m is not going to guarantee CL or European Action

Omg I saw some of the first team squad in Junk last night, they was singing the Boggis Bunce & Bean song from fantastic mr fox, but they'd changed it slightly!

Lesley, Ralph and Kat

One bald, one lean, one fat

These horrible crooks, so different in looks,

But each of them equally twats!

IMHO really think Adam should stay out of this, just whipping up more frenzy.

He should be getting more interviews and asking and probing and questioning better. As somebody said he tends to ask a question then leads in to a get out answer

I like Adam but think he is wrong here and twitter.