How much would you put in to own our club

derry

How much would you put in to a "Saints Trust" to own our club  

506 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you put in to a "Saints Trust" to own our club

• 5000 plus

If there is enough of a response the administrator would need to be brought on board.

Mods could this be a sticky for the time being, maybe with a poll type of table with amounts such as 100 200 300 400 500 1000 1500 2000 2500 more. So that interested people could easily register their intent.

I could afford £300 at a push - all you'd need is 100,000 fans to donate £200 and we're right out of the danger zone. This isn't so far fetched as not too long ago 30,000 fans regularly attended matches. There must easily be three times that many that can't make it to matches. If £200 gave you a vote and ownership of the club I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult to get the required amount, especially if it meant a choice between the club existing or not. The only caveat is that you would only be able to buy one share.

Make it democratic.

I could afford £300 at a push - all you'd need is 100,000 fans to donate £200 and we're right out of the danger zone. This isn't so far fetched as not too long ago 30,000 fans regularly attended matches. There must easily be three times that many that can't make it to matches. If £200 gave you a vote and ownership of the club I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult to get the required amount, especially if it meant a choice between the club existing or not. The only caveat is that you would only be able to buy one share.

Make it democratic.

200,000 on the club database. It would have to be democratic and incapable of highjacking. The more shares bought the more money in the kitty. If somebody came in with a million it would give 10000 shares but be outnumbered 20 to 1.

Edited by derry

I've asked for a poll, but no movement yet, My view is to set up a poll and see over say this weekend how much support then go from there.

No timewasters, and definitely has to be up front and watertight, no politics at all.

defo in - proxy the power to someone who cares deeply about te club, lives locally and has the heart to be the fron tof this. Well liked, honest, loyal - someone we would all get behind. A fresh face but someone we know and respect.......... Get LE GOD ON BOARD!

Defo a £1000 from me - we need to get this going and talk to the administrator quickly - let him know that there is a popular fanbase that are willing to save the club. We then go to the council and see what they can do. They need this club to help keep the city alive!

If each share is set at £100, then any figure could be pledged in multiples of £100. Just post it and it can be counted up if below the £500.

If a few want to club together to take a share just nominate a holder.

We should know by monday whether this could be a runner, worth taking it on to the organisation, publication and the administrator.

How would this be done? Is someone going to set up a cooperative/trust to gather together supporters and sell shares in the cooperative, with a promise of returning the investment if unsuccesful?

Initially, this is testing the response, where I come from, if the response is significant, a proper shareholders trust would have to be set up, the appeal publicised, the administrator brought in, significant people of proven integrity involved together with an active number of organisers to carry out the donkey work.

Initially no money taken but the mechanism put in place and provided the scheme is a runner and supported by the administrator, bank and bondholders then the money could be collected.

of all the posters on here, i would seriously be happy for phil from dubai to head a bid from us.

i would sell my whole programme collection and my ping becu clubs to fund my share.

Are you on his team in the forum match? what are you after?.... a bit of special attention in the shower?:)

Initially, this is testing the response, where I come from, if the response is significant, a proper shareholders trust would have to be set up, the appeal publicised, the administrator brought in, significant people of proven integrity involved together with an active number of organisers to carry out the donkey work.

Initially no money taken but the mechanism put in place and provided the scheme is a runner and supported by the administrator, bank and bondholders then the money could be collected.

Happy to be involved in any way - WE NEED TO SAVE THE CLUB!

What sort of return would I get? What's the dividend policy?

It's a football club, in my view every penny in funds the club and no bloody freeloaders. This is a rescue FFS.

In my view the elected directors pay for their seats and the shareholders all get a go at the directors box.

Superb idea, now we really need somebody (or a few people) to step forward and head the whole consortium.

The best person to lead this would be a highly respected figure who we could trust to set up say an account for us to deposit all our money (obviously this is just for starters).

Originally I was thinking maybe run the club like MyFootballClub have, however I think it would be best if we were just the board and shareholders.

If only 20,000 could pay £1000 we would have £20,000,000.

In my book that should be more than enough to keep the club afloat. Everything Saints orientated will be sold where possible and at less than would have been the price only two days ago. Under the present circumstances I cannot believe such an offer would be refused.

These figures are only used as an average but show how easily a good and healthy sum could be raised. To offer shares at £100 sounds good to me and would mean the poorer fans like myself could put in what they could whilst the better off can put in a greater amount. The more we raised the less chance of someone repeating the same mistakes.

PERSONALLY I WOULD BE PREPARED TO PUT IN A MONTHS RENT. RISKING THE WRATH OF MY LANDLORD.