English Defence League Southampton

bigtonesfc

This is a fast expanding band of people,black and white,who have had enough of Muslim extremists being allowed to shout about murdering British people and ruining our soldiers home comings!We are NOT a racist group at all!We welcome the majority of Muslims in this country,but enough is enough,we need to put a halt to their doing this in our streets ! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=133679987803

Just a Facebook group in support of EDL!Trouble is DD they ARE allowed to spout their crap!

oh I know...one good thing about the west country is that it is massively patriotic and this sort of issue does not exist down here...the asian/muslim communities that are down here fly the union jack from the shops etc as much as a cornishman or a devonite does..

oh I know...one good thing about the west country is that it is massively patriotic and this sort of issue does not exist down here...the asian/muslim communities that are down here fly the union jack from the shops etc as much as a cornishman or a devonite does..

DD,there is a Plymouth EDL group!

unfortunately..due to the sensitivity of my job. I cannot join such groups even though they are perfectly legal....I wont go into why, those who have been in or are in the forces with high security clearance will know why

I thought this had all been changed as people in the forces are now allowed to vote BNP. If it has not happened yet it will happen as the BNP were expecting an increase in votes because of this.

I thought this had all been changed as people in the forces are now allowed to vote BNP. If it has not happened yet it will happen as the BNP were expecting an increase in votes because of this.

yes they can vote BNP but due to the sensitivity of what I do..I have to steer clear of anything that makes me stand out...

It is important that people should be able to openly speak out and demonstrate against Muslim extremists without being labeled as racist.

This is where the problemm arises,because you oppose a certain extreme religious stance,then people assume you are against all other religions bar our own!But why shouldn`t we be able to disagree with people abusing our soldiers and threatening us in our own country.Would we get away with it in another country?

Is this the same group that were rioting in Brum a few weeks back?

I read that the Police forced them into a shop, or food outlet and basically locked them in as they were attacked by up to 100 youths wielding all sorts of weapons.

It was a peaceful protest up until the yobs arrived but it would appear the press blamed the EDL, even though they had no weapons or didn't incite anything.

It was in the Birmingham Post I think.

I read that the Police forced them into a shop, or food outlet and basically locked them in as they were attacked by up to 100 youths wielding all sorts of weapons.

It was a peaceful protest up until the yobs arrived but it would appear the press blamed the EDL, even though they had no weapons or didn't incite anything.

Correct,the peaceful protest was attacked by the same extremists that use freedom of speech to spout their sh*te whenever they feel the need!

Yep. That's the one. They're a joke. Ignore them and they'll go away.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6790067.ece

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/sep/11/english-defence-league-chaotic-alliance

It's important that we be able to speak out on anything.....but alas, free speech is dead in this country, we have to toe the party line .

Why the EDL? Surely there are other parts of Britain that are 'affected' by this.

Oh, and you won't get very far, due to freedom of speech an' that.

So is freedom of speech dead or not?

You want to speak out about Muslim extremists abusing soldiers but not allow them their own freedom of speech? Is this right?

It was on Radio WM the following Monday that WM police arrested more Muslim youths and charged them with more serious offences and expected the follow up arrests to also come from that community.

Of course, the press had only reported on the EDL protestors than had been arrested.

The fact that some of the founding members are of mixed race, as were some of those in Brum, should show that it's not against Islam or immigration, just set four square against Islamic extremimism in the UK and the fact that those extremists are allowed to peddle their warped beliefs on our streets.

As long as they remain only oppossed to Islamic extremisim in the UK I will support them.

Correct,the peaceful protest was attacked by the same extremists that use freedom of speech to spout their sh*te whenever they feel the need!

Yes, Birmingham is very culturally diverse, as i'm sure you're well aware and the Police and authorities would rather just ban any group that says anything remotely contentious about Islam.

It's a sad state of affairs as although I probably lean more to the left on the political spectrum I do believe that unless groups are allowed to express their feelings and concerns, like how a democracy is supposed to work.

All the bannings of protest for groups who seek to raise awareness and mobilize public opinion will serve to do is allow the situation to fester and become even more polarised.

It's almost as if it's becoming illegal or a criminal act to have an opinion that isn't pro- Islam and that can't be a good thing.

Isn't it about time one of the Mods locked this utter ****e?

There are plenty of other websites for dickheads like you.

Why?

It has nothing to do with race or religion.

It's not anti-Islam, it's anti-Islamic extremisim, and there is a very big difference.

I work in the heart of Black Country, where Muslim, Hindu, Sikh etc live and work together peacefully and I do not want extemists destroying that harmony, but the Islamic extremists try.

The local secondary school currently has police on duty outside the gates and around the area to stop extemeists handing out leaflets to the Muslim schoolkids and beratting those walking home with white kids. The police are there as a reponse to complaints by Muslim parents, scared that their kids are being targeted are corrupted.

Bloody sad IMHO.

The ChoculaKid - at last, the voice of reason.

Please read this article before you believe the propaganda

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/sep/11/english-defence-league-chaotic-alliance

In case you can't be arsed to read the article, quote:

'at EDL events, skinheads have raised Nazi salutes and other EDL supporters have chanted racist slogans such as "I hate Pakis more than you". One protest in Luton in May ended with scores of people attacking Asian businesses, smashing cars and threatening passersby'

Good article on The Independent about this stupid 'Islamification' nonsense:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/mark-steel/mark-steel-so-has-anyone-really-been-islamified-against-their-will-1787816.html

The arguments of the far-right groups are already obviously ridiculous. The latest slogan they march under is "Stop the Islamification of England". But how many people have had their lives Islamified against their will? Is there a single tea shop owner in Dorset who has to tell her customers: "Sorry dear, we're not allowed to serve a scone until after dark as it's Ramadan." Do radio stations have to start the day: "Allaaaaah – ah-aaaah allaaaaaah. Good morning, this is BBC Radio Sussex calling you to prayer."

the people who support this group are racists.

Well good luck to whoever started the group here. One thing i hate the most is this extremist rubbish link that the media have added to it. The only extremists around are the section of muslims who want conflict and of course the looney leftwing who have attached themselves to people that hate jews and gays.

Interesting how different media outlets have chosen to angle this news.

I'm sure the EDL have a few idiots but from what I have gathered from friends who work in Birmingham, from all races and creeds, the other group that were counter protesting, also had an hardcore element ,who were intent on stirring up racial hatred with banners that were equally distasteful about our soldiers fighting on foreign soil.

Well this racist goes to football with an Indian mate and has a season ticket next to him,and i have mixed race nephews and nieces!

Those shouting "racist" on this thread normally do if anyone dares question race relations in the UK.

They cannot accept or understand that it can be non-white members of our community that are actually as fascist and guilty of stirring up racial hatred and tension as the neo-fascists of the BNP.

All are equally guilty and equally odious.

Well this racist goes to football with an Indian mate and has a season ticket next to him,and i have mixed race nephews and nieces!

wow, man. we were all wrong. on the strength of this testimony, and on behalf of all anti-racist campaigners everywhere, i apologise unreservedly.

on a seperate note, i attended an anti-bnp march last month. i know that you and Braney Trubble would have wished you had been there, it was attended by all different kinds of people, men, women, children, from all races and creeds.

amazing.

Read the site, it's laughable. As predictable anti Muslim propaganda goes it's a bit shallow, like it's written by frustrated schoolboys.

Of course you should believe what you want, but replace the words "Muslim extremists" with "Muslims" or "Asians" and it won't matter. You'll have the same minority support spouting the same tired propaganda which quite frankly I got bored of hearing years ago. Sour nonsense, poorly evidenced and no doubt with a large ulterior motive.

Serious question.

How does the EDL propose to stop BNP members infiltarting their numbers? Not as in join the facebook group, but how will you stop them spoiling your marches?

If you don't then your days are numbered I am afraid. Just look at how some are already making the associations.