Why do some posters revel in players/managers doing badly?

Unbelievable Jeff

It seems there are a plethora of posters on here who enjoy our players doing badly, and I was wondering why this was? What is their agenda?

The amount of criticism I see for Gaston, Osvaldo etc, and the amount of people on here waiting for Poch to slip up so they can criticise him is very strange, especially when we have played well and are sat pretty, high up the table. Why all this criticism? IS it that because we're doing well people feel they have to have SOMETHING to complain about? I don't know, I suppose it's down to the way people are, and live their life.

Fingers crossed you're all proved wrong, and we can continue to push further up the table.

Peace out.

Jeff.

It seems there are a plethora of posters on here who enjoy our players doing badly, and I was wondering why this was? What is their agenda?

The amount of criticism I see for Gaston, Osvaldo etc, and the amount of people on here waiting for Poch to slip up so they can criticise him is very strange, especially when we have played well and are sat pretty, high up the table. Why all this criticism? IS it that because we're doing well people feel they have to have SOMETHING to complain about? I don't know, I suppose it's down to the way people are, and live their life.

Fingers crossed you're all proved wrong, and we can continue to push further up the table.

Peace out.

Jeff.

These people are are most knowledgeable posters don`t you know...their exepertise should be admired

Peace out.

Jeff.

Nah don't agree. One or two posters like alpine may delight in slagging off players but generally people call it how they see it. Gaston has been a major disappointment for many and osvaldo has had an underwhelming start. That's pretty much the truth of it and there is nothing wrong with saying that.

Exactly, and the ride is very VERY good at the moment. Seems strange to me that people even think about the negatves at the moment.

Last I looked, this forum was a debating platform, let me know if anyone needs clarification of what that means.. hth

Nah don't agree. One or two posters like alpine may delight in slagging off players but generally people call it how they see it. Gaston has been a major disappointment for many and osvaldo has had an underwhelming start. That's pretty much the truth of it and there is nothing wrong with saying that.

Quite, people do do that and if they see it a different way to the popular view then it's considered trolling and wanting the club to fail. I was very critical of the club during last summers transfer window, i didn't feel that we addressed the positions that needed strengthening as much as we should have and time has proven me right, with only three of the six players signed last summer featuring in our first XI this season and arguably only one of them considered a certain starter. However this season the club have got it bang on and made 3 quality signings in the positions we needed them. I also critiised MP a bit and said at the start of the season that the jury was still out on him, i've been proven wrong on that and we can now see exactly how and where MP has improved us. Happy to hold my hands up to that one, People often confuse criticism with wanting faliure when actually it's quite the opposite.

So who else have I slagged off apart from the two you have just, erm, slagged off ?

The only other player I have really commented on in the past 6 months is Danny Fox, and I have tried to be balanced about him.

Berk.

So who else have I slagged off apart from the two you have just, erm, slagged off ?

The only other player I have really commented on in the past 6 months is Danny Fox, and I have tried to be balanced about him.

Berk.

I'm really not trying to attack you, but can you not see how people get this picture of you?

I know you deny it, and I think in fairness you were posting on saturday, but very often after a decent result you aren't around for days, immediately after a defeat you appear to be revelling in how crap we are, how poorly run we are, and how amazingly accurate your doomsday predictions are.

I'm really not trying to attack you, but can you not see how people get this picture of you?

I know you deny it, and I think in fairness you were posting on saturday, but very often after a decent result you aren't around for days, immediately after a defeat you appear to be revelling in how crap we are, how poorly run we are, and how amazingly accurate your doomsday predictions are.

I havent posted during a game at all this season, which just goes to show how accurate your assessment is...

Just remembered that I have commented on Lovren a couple of times too. Probably that doesnt count because I have done nothing but praise him.... :facepalm:

I havent posted during a game at all this season, which just goes to show how accurate your assessment is...

Just remembered that I have commented on Lovren a couple of times too. Probably that doesnt count because I have done nothing but praise him.... :facepalm:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

How about this thread, posted at 3.51pm on 28/9/2013 - i.e. Half-time vs Palace?

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?46964-For-future-transfer-activity-lets-avoid-Serie-A#.UmaJwPleaCk

:mcinnes:

How about this thread, posted at 3.51pm on 28/9/2013 - i.e. Half-time vs Palace?

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?46964-For-future-transfer-activity-lets-avoid-Serie-A#.UmaJwPleaCk

Huge fail. I know for a fact there was another half time rant because I commented on it at full time when inevitably we won...

Huge fail. I know for a fact there was another half time rant because I commented on it at full time when inevitably we won...

he was so predictably quiet after the palace win. and the MODs fail to see what a WUM he is.

yet, others get infractions for having a laugh

laughable

There are posters on this board who have ****ed and moaned their way through back-to-back promotions and a surge up the PL. Feel sorry for them.

saintmatt, I think you have summed up our beloved mboard perfectly there!

I havent posted during a game at all this season

LOL, classic Alpine thread!

again:

There are posters on this board who have ****ed and moaned their way through back-to-back promotions and a surge up the PL. Feel sorry for them.

I dont know whether to congratulate you for proving my earlier post wrong (yep, you managed to find one game when I was about during the game itself; it slipped my mind because mostly I've been too busy to sit on here during games) or feel deep sympathy for you that you went back through all the match games and managed to find one or two posts from over a month ago just so you could feel righteous...

What is hillarious however is the whiny follow-ups from Hypochondriac who is the biggest WUM on the site and Batman "I dream of my first Michelin star and touch myself when Heston Blumenthal is on TV" DullDays

Edited by alpine_saint

I dont know whether to congratulate you for proving my earlier post wrong (yep, you managed to find one game when I was about during the game itself; it slipped my mind because mostly I've been too busy to sit on here during games) or feel deep sympathy for you that you went back through all the match games and managed to find one or two posts from over a month ago just so you could feel righteous...

What is hillarious however is the whiny follow-ups from Hypochondriac who is the biggest WUM on the site and Batman "I dream of my first Michelin star and touch myself when Heston Blumenthal is on TV" DullDays

:lol::lol:

No need to get annoyed because he called you out on one of your lies mate. Maybe try a bit of honesty in the future?