Serie A to Premiership - success stories?

Glasgow_Saint

This is not another Ramirez and Osvaldo thread!

Just wandering if there have been many succesful recent transfers from Serie A to the prem?

Zola, Vialli, Gullit, Ravenelli and Balotelli (to an extent)...

Loads of failures though; Crespo, Shevchenko, Brolin, Materazzi, Maccarrone etc etc

Ramirez is seen as a flop by fans of this club.

Not by me or anyone near my ST seat or at Stoke on Saturday, I think he's an outstanding talent and hope he plays consistently for us, if not no bother, means the others are doing the business. Offer your opinion by all means, but don't claim to speak for all of us.

Not by me or anyone near my ST seat or at Stoke on Saturday, I think he's an outstanding talent and hope he plays consistently for us, if not no bother, means the others are doing the business. Offer your opinion by all means, but don't claim to speak for all of us.

I didn't say all fans did I.

Has she played in Italy?? Wow, didn't know that.

You've got Turkish on ignore too? Must have. Just because Turkish _keeps_ repeating the fact doesn't mean you have to be his a***-licker.

Anyway, I now play in Hants Div 3! :-)

Edited by suewhistle

Not all maybe but quite a few of which I one of the quite a few.

Certainly 'outstanding' in my opinion is stretching a point......

I was still in the very optimistic about Gaston camp, and believed he just hadn't been given a chance. But seeing him against Stoke on Saturday at a time when the game was screaming out for creativity and see him barely able to make a pass has seen me join the "sell him and move on" camp.

You ignored the statement made, you say he is an outstanding talent, I in some ways agree but that does not mean he has played well (he has not in anyway, shape or form) consistently nor does he deserve a place in the team or squad as it stands, you dont even define your own argument you simply say he is an outstanding talent, its a nothing statement.

You ignored the statement made, you say he is an outstanding talent, I in some ways agree but that does not mean he has played well (he has not in anyway, shape or form) consistently nor does he deserve a place in the team or squad as it stands, you dont even define your own argument you simply say he is an outstanding talent, its a nothing statement.

Long sentence alert...

He's twenty fookin two!!!

Just moved to a new country.

Just moved to a new club.

You have to give him at least 18 months IMO.

Get a grip.

What just like Lovren who came in and started performing from day one. I'm sure we could name lots of players with the same/similar criteria who have performed for saints. Gaston has had plenty of chances and not really taken them IMO

He's twenty fookin two!!!

Just moved to a new country.

Just moved to a new club.

You have to give him at least 18 months IMO.

Get a grip.

I agree with giving players a time, around 18 months is fair enough. The issue is that after 15 months, you'd expect him to be getting there. The reality is that he's been here almost 18 months, he is further away than he ever was from a starting place. There's nothing I would have loved more to have seen Gaston perform for us, but I can see that it's time to cut losses - and as fans we need to stop clinging onto to the ''he may come good'' line, as I'm sure we'll still be saying it in 3 years time when he's 25.

I agree with giving players a time, around 18 months is fair enough. The issue is that after 15 months, you'd expect him to be getting there. The reality is that he's been here almost 18 months, he is further away than he ever was from a starting place. There's nothing I would have loved more to have seen Gaston perform for us, but I can see that it's time to cut losses - and as fans we need to stop clinging onto to the ''he may come good'' line, as I'm sure we'll still be saying it in 3 years time when he's 25.

Plus it will mean the usual susects have one less thing to moan about when we are 6th in the table.