Arsenal looking to sign Callum Slattery

itchen_dan

According to the Sunday People. http://mirr.im/1tmGkoM

Utter tosh article in my opinion as if I am correct, a player cannot sign a pro deal until 18 anyway so how can he be stalling?

He has every right to assess his options but to say he is stalling on a deal with Saints is utter crap.

Despite this, he seems to be rated as another 'next big thing'. I'll admit, I know nothing about him. Fill me in.

The lad would be mad to leave Saints surely?!

A talented young English footballer is not going to get better opportunities at Arsenal than Saints. Some of these stories (Alan Nixon this author) really don't stack up, maybe Arsenal are trying to unsettle him?

Slattery, 16, has been offered a pro Saints contract and plays regularly for older teams within their youth ranks.

Well that is rubbish and shows just how little the journalist has looked into this! Slattery has made 2 sub appearances for Southampton under 18's this season.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Just have to look at Oxo to see how much game time he would potentially get, if he wants to play football stay here and take his chances, if you want money in your pocket to sit on your backside most weeks: Cheerio.

We are going to get no end of stories like this, thankfully our academy status prevents us being raped and pillaged without any defences.

Going back to Oxo, personally I think the nasty little clause that sees us getting £10k everytime he plays 20 mins + was a blinding little gem, as it makes any of the nippers looking to head over the wall at the first opportunity think a bit harder.

Just have to look at Oxo to see how much game time he would potentially get, if he wants to play football stay here and take his chances, if you want money in your pocket to sit on your backside most weeks: Cheerio.

We are going to get no end of stories like this, thankfully our academy status prevents us being raped and pillaged without any defences.

Going back to Oxo, personally I think the nasty little clause that sees us getting £10k everytime he plays 20 mins + was a blinding little gem, as it makes any of the nippers looking to head over the wall at the first opportunity think a bit harder.

Oxo tends to play when fit, so does Walcott + Bale, Shearer, Bridge etc all did better by moving on. All earned a shed load more too

Le Tiss is a legend for sticking with us, but finished his career with no medals - our mid table finishes and zero appetite for the cups maybe a bigger obstacle than most would like to think.

Le Tiss is a legend for sticking with us, but finished his career with no medals - our mid table finishes and zero appetite for the cups maybe a bigger obstacle than most would like to think.

Yes. Poch's disdain for Saints winning cups is going to haunt us. (I'm sorry, the anger hasn't gone away). We have become the club without ambition for medals. This has to be strongly refuted by him in his future aims, because otherwise top players aren't going to want to be with us, and that includes current players.

Oxo tends to play when fit, so does Walcott + Bale, Shearer, Bridge etc all did better by moving on. All earned a shed load more too

lol

top form this morning GS:lol:

lol

top form this morning GS:lol:

yes our own little fifth columnist is trying his best this morning. If you asked him/it what was the weather is like he would mention that there is 40% chance of rain which is more than MP winning ratio

That's an awful example as Chamberlain is a key player for them. This lad however could be playing in the prem for us in two years time. If he signs for them he'll be loaned out in two years time.

Yes. Poch's disdain for Saints winning cups is going to haunt us. (I'm sorry, the anger hasn't gone away). We have become the club without ambition for medals. This has to be strongly refuted by him in his future aims, because otherwise top players aren't going to want to be with us, and that includes current players.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's an awful example as Chamberlain is a key player for them. This lad however could be playing in the prem for us in two years time. If he signs for them he'll be loaned out in two years time.

Obviously he is, sat on the subs bench vHull.............................. Oh hang on what's this 72:51 mins and hey oh look who's coming on with less than 20 mins left. :scared:;) :D

To be fair that lot aren't exactly laden down with medals, since leaving Southampton.

Shearer won the Premiership.

Bridge won the Premier League at least once, maybe twice? And without checking I'm pretty sure he's got at least a League Cup win in there as well, if not an FA Cup.

Bale has just won the Copa del Rey and stands a pretty good chance of winning La Liga and/or the Champions League this season.

Not exactly a terrible haul is it, especially compared to what they would have had if they'd stayed. And they've not done too badly financially either.

I've heard this boy is mustard! From a fellow scholars dad... Reackons Callum's dad is in it for what ever he can get and wouldn't be surprised to see him leave if the offers were right

He signed a pro contract a few weeks ago!

Arsenal have won nothing so?

• 7 months later...