10 goals in the last 14 games

Heisenberg

Why 14? Did we get 3 in the one before you started counting? Had it been goals conceded you'd have gone as far back until you got to a 0.

Good discussion is fine, but when are you going to grow up or get some treatment?

Edit: yep 3-1 vs Burnley. Lol.

Edited by OttawaSaint

Why 14? Did we get 3 in the one before you started counting? Had it been goals conceded you'd have gone as far back until you got to a 0.

Good discussion is fine, but when are you going to grow up or get some treatment?

Edit: yep 3-1 vs Burnley. Lol.

13 in last 15 then

Or 13 goals in the last 17 as we had two blanks before the Burnley game :?

Can we call this a drought?

Only Boro have scored fewer goals than us in the league.

That said, we have the third best defensive record.

Unlike Koeman's setup, I don't think one comes at the expense of the other. It's quite possible to be more expansive without sacrificing our shape or compactness.

Edited by shurlock

We are not scoring enough. It's not as simple as you make it. I think it's a combination of poor finishing from low confidence attackers and poor decisions from a) players crossing the ball b) players like JWP and Davis not making the decisive runs into the box.

We are not as bad a team as you (repeatedly) say we are. CP is not as bad a manager as you (repeatedly) say he is. Have a bit of patience and stop with the attention seeking. This could have gone in the post game thread, you don't need to start new threads with the same stuff every day.

Yes.

We can all identify the problem, lack of goals. But what's the solution with our current fit players? Yes we have a transfer window soon but with what's at his disposal please tell me what more CP could have done and can do until the window, thanks.

Yes.

We can all identify the problem, lack of goals. But what's the solution with our current fit players? Yes we have a transfer window soon but with what's at his disposal please tell me what more CP could have done and can do until the window, thanks.

He can sacrifice one of the 3 defensive midfielders for another attacking player, so 4231 as opposed to 433:

.......Romeu Hojbjerg

Redmond Boufal Tadic

............Jay/Long

Worth a try

We are not scoring enough. It's not as simple as you make it. I think it's a combination of poor finishing from low confidence attackers and poor decisions from a) players crossing the ball b) players like JWP and Davis not making the decisive runs into the box.

We are not as bad a team as you (repeatedly) say we are. CP is not as bad a manager as you (repeatedly) say he is. Have a bit of patience and stop with the attention seeking. This could have gone in the post game thread, you don't need to start new threads with the same stuff every day.

This.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Yes.

The problem/ solution is Puel

Look at his managerial record - this is not a one off. 2014 season his Nice side scored just 30 goals all season!! Lowest in the league, quelle surprise

He sets up for 0-0 even at home - the players are not the issue here trust me.

His former side are now TOP of the French league (that's despite losing 3 best players in the summer) they are also suddenly 2nd HIGHEST goal scorers too. Nice fans hated Puel for his negativity (it's been mentioned on here before)

A bit of perspective. Looking at the league table after 16 games last year, we are equal on points this year. Yes we have scored 7 goals less so far, but we have conceded 4 goals less as well.

So goal difference 3 worse than last year, but we are 3 places higher. So although not ideal, if we can solve the goal drought, we'll be flying...

The problem/ solution is Puel

Look at his managerial record - this is not a one off. 2014 season his Nice side scored just 30 goals all season!! Lowest in the league, quelle surprise

He sets up for 0-0 even at home - the players are not the issue here trust me.

His former side are now TOP of the French league (that's despite losing 3 best players in the summer) they are also suddenly 2nd HIGHEST goal scorers too. Nice fans hated Puel for his negativity (it's been mentioned on here before)

You were born for this. You're a natural leader pal.

Edited by shurlock

Crikey, Glasgow is absolutely loving it at the moment. It's a problem yes, but no need to spread it over 25,000 threads...!

Inevitably he spreads himself so thin and gets overly cocky, that eventually the mods have good enough reason to act on it again. He gets account banned pays another £5 and starts yet another new account. Bloke must be one of this sites main financial contributors. He has even admitted he is the same guy as Glasgow early into his new avatar. Only thing I don't get is why the mods don't ban him quicker so they make even more money out of the chump.

Inevitably he spreads himself so thin and gets overly cocky, that eventually the mods have good enough reason to act on it again. He gets account banned pays another £5 and starts yet another new account. Bloke must be one of this sites main financial contributors. He has even admitted he is the same guy as Glasgow early into his new avatar. Only thing I don't get is why the mods don't ban him quicker so they make even more money out of the chump.

I posted as Bournemouth_saint

I then posted as Glasgow_saint after moving

I then changed username to Heisenberg

Never been banned and been posting on here for over 10 years.

HTH

HTH

Okay possibly my mistake on the ban, but you haven't just changed username because Heisenberg is a new account and your post count and join date makes this obvious,

and as you say you have been posting for 10 years...

So why would you pay for additional new accounts?

Come on tell us your secret, which other usernames are you also active on at the moment because that's the only reason to have 3 accounts right?

Edited by Mallagroth

have a look out of the window, there is a big world out there and it has to be better than constantly banging a keyboard to contribute to a kids forum.

I mean what possesses you to start a thread like this? What is the next one going to be called? "Should SD score more goals...?" "Should Forster come out more often....?" "Should we better at set plays....?"

Its such a ridiculous question with an obvious answer, please tell me what your point is?

Glasgow account was closed and my Heisenberg account opened same day or day after.

Was not banned - more closed by mods at my request. No funny business or rule breaking

I have never ran 2 accounts at one time either

Guly-Do-Prado-Southampton_2553263.jpg

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?50279-GoodbyeGuly&highlight=Glasgow+Saint+banned#.WFJ6CJbfXCQ

#goodbyeglasgow

have a look out of the window, there is a big world out there and it has to be better than constantly banging a keyboard to contribute to a kids forum.

I mean what possesses you to start a thread like this? What is the next one going to be called? "Should SD score more goals...?" "Should Forster come out more often....?" "Should we better at set plays....?"

Its such a ridiculous question with an obvious answer, please tell me what your point is?

- This is the SAINTS football forum

- This thread is about SAINTS

- SAINTS have scored 10 in last 14

- SAINTS had another blank last night so relevant to discuss the issue?

- SAINTS have scored 14 goals in the league ALL season - only Middlesbrough have scored less

Glasgow account was closed and my Heisenberg account opened same day or day after.

Was not banned - more closed by mods at my request. No funny business or rule breaking

I have never ran 2 accounts at one time either

You are full of ****e. You are very strange indeed why lie when the evidence is there for all to see? Shurlock has you nailed to a post.

So you have admitted now to being the reincarnation of a banned poster and admitted to being the same person who made what i assume was a libellous comment about Guly and was banned by St Chalet.

Screen_Shot_2016_12_15_at_11_21_58.png

Edited by Mallagroth

You are full of ****e. You are very strange indeed why lie when the evidence is there for all to see? Shurlock has you nailed to a post.

So you have admitted now to being the reincarnation of a banned poster and admitted to being the same person who made what i assume was a libellous comment about Guly and was banned by St Chalet.

Screen_Shot_2016_12_15_at_11_21_58.png

See post 19 mate - my Glasgow account was closed at my request

Also http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-19568733

HTH

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthrea...d#.WFJ6CJbfXCQ

#goodbyeglasgow

I would guess that my original post really hit close to home then...

and with the embarrassingly easy to pick apart lies, all you've done is prove my first point.

We're 6th in the league for shots per game, ahead of Arsenal and only barely behind Chelsea. We've had games where our systems created plenty of chances but how long has it been since we've been clinical in front of goal. Our best shot today was Bertrand, a defender. Our last 2 goals in the Europa League were by VVD, a defender. In our 6 Europa games we averaged 14.5 shots per goal compared to Sparta's 5.375. I don't think it's fair to blame Puel. It's the attacking players that are bottling it in front of goal. Austin is the only out and out striker.

We're 6th in the league for shots per game, ahead of Arsenal and only barely behind Chelsea. We've had games where our systems created plenty of chances but how long has it been since we've been clinical in front of goal. Our best shot today was Bertrand, a defender. Our last 2 goals in the Europa League were by VVD, a defender. In our 6 Europa games we averaged 14.5 shots per goal compared to Sparta's 5.375. I don't think it's fair to blame Puel. It's the attacking players that are bottling it in front of goal. Austin is the only out and out striker.

100% this.

Some of you lot are so petty, like a bunch of school girls. We all know Heisenberg is what he is, not sure why you all bite on to the bait. He loves the attention.

But moving onto Saints related issues, it is clear there is a problem with scoring and general positive attacking play under Puel's management. However the foundations in the defence are still very solid and are our only saving grace at the moment. If we manage to gain some confidence in attack, which I think plays a massive role, we will be back to how things used to be. Here's hoping this doesn't last for ever and things will change in the next few games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk