Keeping cats out of garden

Huffton

Really fed up now, several local cats think my garden is the local public toilet, f***ing disgusting animals. Its got to the point where I can hardly let the kids out to play in their own garden as we end up with trails of cat **** trodden through the house. Tried a few 'humane' products from the pet shop, none of which seem to work. Anyone got any sensible suggestions how to keep the little bastards away, before I resort to the air gun/bowl of tasty antifreeze options.:x

We had the same problem - 'thankfully' the main perpretator kicked the bucket a few years ago so it's not much of a hassle any more. We tried all kinds of things, even bought some Lion poo to put in the flowerbeds, which supposedly scares them away. Just a tip re: the lion poo, it doesn't work.

We had the same problem - 'thankfully' the main perpretator kicked the bucket a few years ago so it's not much of a hassle any more. We tried all kinds of things, even bought some Lion poo to put in the flowerbeds, which supposedly scares them away. Just a tip re: the lion poo, it doesn't work.

So all those hours hanging around the zoo with a roll of toilet paper were a waste of time? Thanks for the warning Mikey.

One of those high powered two-handed pump up water pistols.. great fun it used to be. What I wanted to know was why the cat owners on either side put down slabs or gravel leaving me with as the only mug with a garden with any grass or beds?

I actually quite like cats and they like me... but not the neighbours' cats. When they saw me they'd high-tail it at speed!

Six foot high fence or wall around garden with 18in wide wire mesh at right angels at the top, Works a treat, keeps our British short hair in and all the other cats in the block out.

Don't need it up this end of the M27 though, the chances of waking up to find some cacker has tarmaced me back garden are minimal.

Some pepper dust type stuff and someting called Get Off, that smells terrible to everyone bar cats apparently.

The "get off" stuff, green tablets that smell a bit like washing up liquid? Before using them, you MUST give the "toilet" area a good wash down with a hose.... it all based on scent and you need to remove the previous deposits/scents before using a scent based repellent. HTH.