Favourite Element in the Periodic Table?

Lighthouse

As a chemist I would have to say elemental fluorine is pretty cool, although i have mot handed it. As metals go using potassium and sodium together is always fun. Never got the chance to play with caesium, as you just don't use it unless you have nothing better to do!! Bromine is fun, fuming noxious liquid that is incredibly dense, and you can set fire to magnesium and nickel catalysts pretty easily if you are not careful. Chemistry is fun!

Fond memories of Chemistry with Mr Mills @ WPBS. Got to play with proper dangerous stuff, whole year spent blowing things up/setting fire to stuff. Magnesium, sulphur, thermic lances, sodium in water, phosphorous, squeaky pops, hydrochloric acid burning through desks, filling sports bags with gas and exploding them, bloody marvellous. Complete H&S nightmare :D

He would approve of this little experiment (FFWD to 3:40 if you're impatient)

http://www.wimp.com/scientistnitrogen/

Overall, sodium in water for me, but only because we didn't get to play with that acid which dissolves glass - hydrofluoric?

e: Strontium

Symbol: Sr

Atomic number: 38

Atomic weight: 87.62

Standard state: solid at 298 K

Group in periodic table: 2

Group name: Alkaline earth metal

Period in periodic table: 5

Block in periodic table: s-block

Colour: silvery white

Classification: Metallic

Strontium 90 used to be used to make watch hands glow in the dark, don't think that was very good for you though.