Jelle van Damme want out of Wolves

Chez

I see another £2.5m has been wasted on Van Damme as he is already homesick and wants out according to the mirror. I wonder what cut of the transfer fee he got that time?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Wolves-defender-Jelle-van-Damme-could-be-about-to-quit-the-club-because-he-is-homesick-for-Belgium-article591065.html

Mick should have spoken to us...

Can't honnestly say I've ever seen him play for Saints, other than MOTD. Doesn't really say much for your career if a club brings in Olivier Bernard to replace you though. I swear the most co-ordinated I ever saw him (Bernard) look was after Laurent Robert tw*ted him accross the head with that free kick. :lol:

It,s because of signings like him that we are in the league we are now.

Yep - dirt bag. He could always buy himself out of his contract....but we all know he won't do that. Bet he wouldn't even give his signing on fee or wages back to make up the difference in what Wolves paid and what Anderlecht can pay.

A complete spoon.

Yep - dirt bag. He could always buy himself out of his contract....but we all know he won't do that. Bet he wouldn't even give his signing on fee or wages back to make up the difference in what Wolves paid and what Anderlecht can pay.

A complete spoon.

If anderlecht want him back so bad couldn't they just use the money Wolves gave them for the guy in the first place?

It's never that simple though is it. They may have owed a percentage as a sell on etc.

True but Anderlecht were happy to accept the money for him, it doesn't seem appropriate that they start publicly ruing not being able to afford to pay a similar amount for him. Plus, as you say, if JVD's heart is so rooted in Anderlecht then surely it's worth a pay cut to go back there.

• 1 month later...

Bit wierd that he can be sold outside of the transfer window isnt it? No mention of a loan with a view to a perminent or anything like that.

I saw him play in the Pre season friendly against Plym and thought he would tear shreads out of all sorts of teams. Very aggressive and attack minded getting the ball into the box.

Next time I saw him he was W@*k and before long he was home sick and was gone.

Bit of a nobber really.

Bit wierd that he can be sold outside of the transfer window isnt it? No mention of a loan with a view to a perminent or anything like that.

I saw him play in the Pre season friendly against Plym and thought he would tear shreads out of all sorts of teams. Very aggressive and attack minded getting the ball into the box.

Next time I saw him he was W@*k and before long he was home sick and was gone.

Bit of a nobber really.

he can be sold but he can't play for Liege, doubt if that will worry them with all the snow and the cold and what have you he'd not miss many matches from here to the 1st January, winter break on the continent is about 2/3 games away. Most clubs are well into their transfer dealings already, some leak out some don't but just because the window is shut it doesn't mean nothing is happening. In fact in France there are no loan windows just the summer and winter mercatos.You can get 1 medical joker under exceptional circumstances but that's it.

It was a shame he never made a mark as StMary's because I remember his deubut away to Villa, and the song the fans came up for him was genius. It was to the tune of 'chitty chitty bang bang'! 'Jelle Jelle VanDam we love you'

Yeah, we'd piloted that one at Swindon away at one of the friendlies.

I spoke to an Ajax fan at Euro 2004 about him and he smiled and said "clumsy". They replaced him with the Brazilian Maxwell, while he was still there. JvD was also only famous in his Saints stint for having a bright yellow Hummer which he had to refuel at Fleet services to get him to London, IIRC.