2018 & 2022 World Cups

Hatch

Well done Fifa, lets hold the 2018 world cup in a country that doesn't welcome foreign visitors (millions of football fans) that does not have the infrastructure to hold such an event, and only has 2 suitable stadiums. Brilliant. And 2022? To Qatar, a country that in the summer the temp reaches 45C, perfect weather for a football match, i can see loads of people turning out for that. What a bunch of ****tards.

1549: England bid ambassador and BBC presenter Gary Lineker has confirmed that England were knocked out in the first round of voting. They came fourth out of four. I'm stunned.

****ing LAST! Now I know we're banging on about how great we are, but LAST!"

Because fifa despise us. Such a bunch of ******s.

1549: England bid ambassador and BBC presenter Gary Lineker has confirmed that England were knocked out in the first round of voting. They came fourth out of four. I'm stunned.

****ing LAST! Now I know we're banging on about how great we are, but LAST!"

I don't know why we bother if I'm honest. We were never really in with a shout from day one. It was obvious that Blatter was setting us up for defeat with his whole arse kissing routine today.

I don't know why we bother if I'm honest. We were never really in with a shout from day one. It was obvious that Blatter was setting us up for defeat with his whole arse kissing routine today.

I bet Blair could've pulled it out of the bag, fcking Cameron ;-)

I agree Thorpe, lets just forget it until Blatter is pushing up the daisies and the corruption that is evidently there has gone (probably never).

So Mr Blatter what first attracted you to oil rich Qatar?

To be honest we were always up against it with Russia as they are a massive country who had never held it before. But Qatar?! FFS! Who's for a bit heatstroke?

Don't like to be defeatist but I really can't see the point in bidding for another World Cup. We had the best technical bid (as assessed by FIFA) and FIFA's consultants said that our bid would be the most commercially successful. The fact we get knocked out in the first round suggests we'll never win. And before anyone says that we should pursue the brown envelope option - don't bother, our media would jump all over that. Unfortunately other national media either don't care or are to repressed to uncover their dodgy dealing.

Edited by anothersaintinsouthsea

Why are people surprised we came last?

There were 'experts' saying beforehand that we would either come first or last. Something to do with the voting system....i.e. to win it we'd most likely scrape through the first round but then pick up most 2nd and 3rd votes. We obviously failed to do the first round scraping, that is all.

Now England supporters know what it feels like to be David Milliband..... ;-)

from a selfish point of view i'm glad england didnt win as i just cant stand the thought of the super MK Dons cashing in.

cant y i'm atall suprised that both russia and qatar both successfully bought i mean won the rights to hold the world cup. time for the english fa split away from fifa and run our own game away from there interfering.

It's clear that Sepp Blatter wants the World Cup to make an impact in new places, so on that basis alone I don't think we could ever have won.

People keep banging on about it being the best technical bid, but if the main criteria was to give the World Cup to somewhere that needs developing, then the technical quality of the bid mattered very little.

We keep telling ourselves that people all over the world love English football; well, maybe other countries like our clubs and players, but they certainly don't like our constant droning on about being the home of football. Sadly that is all we have left to cling to these days!

We keep telling ourselves that people all over the world love English football; well, maybe other countries like our clubs and players, but they certainly don't like our constant droning on about being the home of football. Sadly that is all we have left to cling to these days!

sorry..but that has hardly been mentioned this time round...

I also blame the British press. They are always hellbent on releasing scandal to derail any major sporting events.

I would have blamed our press, but the fact that it went to Russia & Qatar says to me that what our press done didn't make a blind bit of difference. If we had 0% Crowd Trouble, Underground stations with platform at each stand of every f*****g world class stadium we f*****g posses, if we had runways lining the sides of the pitches so the corrupt f*****g bigwigs at FIFA could dally in with there private jets and waddle up to there seats whilst being handed a glass of f*****g Pimms within seconds of landing, if we had the perfect weather, the most beautiful cities, 0% crime throughout the entire f*****g nation... it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. We are England.

I would have blamed our press, but the fact that it went to Russia & Qatar says to me that what our press done didn't make a blind bit of difference. If we had 0% Crowd Trouble, Underground stations with platform at each stand of every f*****g world class stadium we f*****g posses, if we had runways lining the sides of the pitches so the corrupt f*****g bigwigs at FIFA could dally in with there private jets and waddle up to there seats whilst being handed a glass of f*****g Pimms within seconds of landing, if we had the perfect weather, the most beautiful cities, 0% crime throughout the entire f*****g nation... it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. We are England.

Yep.

It's clear that Sepp Blatter wants the World Cup to make an impact in new places, so on that basis alone I don't think we could ever have won.

People keep banging on about it being the best technical bid, but if the main criteria was to give the World Cup to somewhere that needs developing, then the technical quality of the bid mattered very little.

Well if FIFA want it to go to new places all the Time, why let us and te others bid, and waste £000s in the process FFS