2018 & 2022 World Cups

Hatch

Nice one BBC, nice one.....Why couldn't they have done a programme about corruption in Russia!

Sigh....getting bored of this "blame the BBC" line....

If the FIFA executive committee are that easily swayed by a TV programme then it says to me that Panarama perhaps had a point. Just think how much they could be swayed by money if they can be swayed by a TV programme....

****ing hell, if this does prove corruption i don't know what does! And just to put it in context it's not just England they chose not to host it, but Spain & Portugal too. So are they saying that Russia is better suited to it than the two countries with the best leagues, stadiums and infrastructure in the world??

Oh of course i forget we have the English disease, because of course there's NEVER been any history of football violence (or violence against foreigners) in Russia has there?

Perhaps it's the climate? Since we all know the middle east in the middle of the summer is the perfect place to host a world cup.

FIFA are a ****ing joke.

Blatter is a ****ing joke.

Let's hope someone actually spills the beans about the corrupt ****s now and takes the whole ****ing lot of them down.

Yup i'm a tad angry!

they certainly did not help.....

what was it someone said.."harm one member of the FIFA family, you hurt them all"

why couldnt the BBC wait a few days

Exactly. It looks as though the media ruined it for us. The fifa voters have been hanging around each other for years. They travel together to see the places bids. They are like a group of friends who at the centre is a guy who has been against English football for years. The last thing we wanted to do was **** them off and give him an excuse. And the BBC obviously did that. But for what? The viewing figures they would of got during an England World Cup would of been huge.

stop reading the sun

Lol, true. But the headlines they create don't just get read by the sun readers, they hit tv's, the net, everywhere. I'm not just talking about 2018 but all events. Look at 2010 and the Rooney scandal etc.

To be fair, even with no negative press FIFA are still bent.

Exactly. It looks as though the media ruined it for us. The fifa voters have been hanging around each other for years. They travel together to see the places bids. They are like a group of friends who at the centre is a guy who has been against English football for years. The last thing we wanted to do was **** them off and give him an excuse. And the BBC obviously did that. But for what? The viewing figures they would of got during an England World Cup would of been huge.

Are you suggesting we would have won without the media involvement? Because I think we had no chance.

Sigh....getting bored of this "blame the BBC" line....

If the FIFA executive committee are that easily swayed by a TV programme then it says to me that Panarama perhaps had a point. Just think how much they could be swayed by money if they can be swayed by a TV programme....

We should go after them now. No stone unturned until we find evidence of bribery.

was it Jack Warner that grumbled that our gifts to the wives were too modest?

Just my opinion but we'd have maybe done better if Cameron and Prince William had stayed out of it and left it to football people.

It worked for the Olympics,Blair and Beckham sold the Olympic family a then half-baked,undercosted project on their personalities alone;It was never going to work this time,I don't doubt that some members of FIFA think that Cameron would be better off at home sorting out the mess.

Don't think Panorama is much to blame,last night's crowd trouble and the fact that the brits can't even sort out a couple of centimetres of snow are probably a bit more responsible..

Just my opinion but we'd have maybe done better if Cameron and Prince William had stayed out of it and left it to football people.

It worked for the Olympics,Blair and Beckham sold the Olympic family a then half-baked,undercosted project on their personalities alone;It was never going to work this time,I don't doubt that some members of FIFA think that Cameron would be better off at home sorting out the mess.

Don't think Panorama is much to blame,last night's crowd trouble and the fact that the brits can't even sort out a couple of centimetres of snow are probably a bit more responsible..

what the hell has snow got to do with anything..and surely, they cant be cross with us about crowd trouble..what we have here is small pickings to opnely racist russia

Are you suggesting we would have won without the media involvement? Because I think we had no chance.

The media involvement of the last week or so has not exactly helped. As they are talking on the news now we do have a habbit of shooting ourselves in the foot at the worst possible times. The programmes, the newspapers journalists shouting at the delegates as they got out of cars, asking about corruption. The pitch invasion and so on.

The press has not really done us any favours in the last week in my opinion.

Oh absolutely, those snow flurries in June and July are awful aren't they.

Oh absolutely, those snow flurries in June and July are awful aren't they.

It's not the point, european TV stations have gotten the idea,where from I couldn't say,that the UK can't sort out it's measly snow problems because you don't have the money to pay for the equipment which is bog standard in even the poorer northern european states,but all the same you want to spend billions on hosting yet another major international sporting event. The Spanish are openly blaming Zapatero and their economic crisis for their failure and yet the UK is blaming a TV programme.

h x t

Crowd trouble - not the issue, they're at it in Russia all the time oh and they're RACIST as well.

Snow - Yeh, always snows in July ;-)

Lets spell it out - NO ONE LIKES ENGLAND.

Why does everyone assume that just because England didn't get it, the voting was corrupt?

Why shouldn't a country that has never held it before get one before we host another one?

because..it is being confirmed on the radio right now that our bid failing had nothing to do with football.....qatar and spain in collusion (which is against their own rules) etc etc

Crowd trouble - not the issue, they're at it in Russia all the time oh and they're RACIST as well.

Snow - Yeh, always snows in July ;-)

Lets spell it out - NO ONE LIKES ENGLAND.

Everyone like England, it's the English that most people south of Dover, east of Grimsby and west of Lands End don't care for. The English need to brush up on their image.

Because it's corrupt.

Yeah, cos English football is squeaky clean as well isn't it! Dear Christ, all the accusations on this forum about corruption against the PL and the FL from our administration to the Pompey debacle. Yet when Russia gets picked to host the WC, everyone's upset because of the corruption in their national game. I don't know why anyone is surprised.

FWIW, I really didn't care whether England got it or not, and I'm not the slightest bit surprised we didn't. If we had, the Russians would only be complaining about it owing to our history of hooliganism etc... It's swings and roundabouts.

We've already held one WC. The way I see it, we shouldn't get to hold another one until everyone else has had their turn. Just because other countries are more corrupt and less capable than we are to stage the WC, doesn't mean they shouldn't be given the opportunity.

Well that shows you what politics can do.

From someone who has spent 19 years in summer heat down here it is an utterly utterly ludicrous idea.

For the Arab population wow they are well chuffed at getting the WC.

Yeah sure a/c stadiums - but what about the normal 1 hour queues to get into them for the fans through all the security checkpoints.

How many fans will attend? all going via one airport?

Sorry, total madness stadiums will be full but ain't gonna be many westerners in them

Stay corruption free, you have to be free of corruption in the first place :-) Wikileaks said it all, Russia is becoming a mafia run state.

I say lets not bother to try again until the corrupt officials in FIFA are kicked out.

I could have told wikileaks that many decades ago

Yeah, cos English football is squeaky clean as well isn't it! Dear Christ, all the accusations on this forum about corruption against the PL and the FL from our administration to the Pompey debacle. Yet when Russia gets picked to host the WC, everyone's upset because of the corruption in their national game. I don't know why anyone is surprised.

FWIW, I really didn't care whether England got it or not, and I'm not the slightest bit surprised we didn't. If we had, the Russians would only be complaining about it owing to our history of hooliganism etc... It's swings and roundabouts.

We've already held one WC. The way I see it, we shouldn't get to hold another one until everyone else has had their turn. Just because other countries are more corrupt and less capable than we are to stage the WC, doesn't mean they shouldn't be given the opportunity.

Well put.

You really have taken the prize for the biggest load of tosh there.

History of hooliganism - Russia haven't got a good rep have they. While England is now increasingly known for very good crowd control at major events, you get Russian club owners openly admitting they wouldn't sign black players and the club that sold Odemwinge to West Brom held up a huge banner thanking WBA for taking him which also included a picture of a banana.

What so England can't host another world cup until Fiji or Swaziland or Haiti have had their turn. Italy, Germany, France, Mexico, and Brazil (by 2014) will all have hosted it twice anyway.

This is precisely the reason that we didn't win it, and it because we think we are OWED it not deserved but OWED.

We the English are so arrogant, the media has been saying for a long time that we are the only real choice and anything less would be a farce.

We were not owed the world cup, Russia winning it doesn't really hit me with any real 'scandal' thoughts, Qatar winning it however is a completely different matter and stinks of back handers etc.