SFC still run like a crappy seaside B & B

alpine_saint

Sorry, held off as long as I could, but my natural impatience is getting the better of me...

SFC is supposed to be a year-long professionally-run operation in one of the most celebrated and quality leagues of the best-likes spectator sport in the world. But come June, almost f**k-all is going on.

We have no date for the kit release, though I am guessing the club has been negotiating with Addidas for f**king months. I remember even when we were back at the Dell a couple of times the next seasons kit was paraded round the field in the last couple of home games, and the likes of Chelsea and Manyoo can give previews at the beginning of the summer.

We have no indicators of in-bound transfer activity, though we managed the time to tell 8 players "thanks but f**k off"

Oh, we did manage to set the ST price, but then thats money....

Does every manager in every department just p*ss off for a month after the last game, like a crappy B&B shutting down for the winter ? IMO, the summer is the busiest time for some of the people at the club.

Rant over, Sorry.

So you dont think any of the points I have raised merit any consideration ?

Dont bother asking yourself why we will never hit the top 4 or qualify for the Champions League, will you ? I mean, falling over the start line of the season (and then falling over the finish line) is what SFC is all about, isnt it ?

So you dont think any of the points I have raised merit any consideration ?

Dont bother asking yourself why we will never hit the top 4 or qualify for the Champions League, will you ? I mean, falling over the start line of the season (and then falling over the finish line) is what SFC is all about, isnt it ?

So because you hear nothing, it means the club are doing nothing.

That is nonsense. As I said, this is about you, not the club. Get a hobby for the summer and relax, you'll give yourself a heart attack at this rate.

How many other clubs have started signing players then? I'd wager less than 10 out of the 92.

This aint just about transfers though. It seems the club just shuts down after the last game and then the various people responsible for policy come back a month later with ruffled hair and scratching their arses like they've just woken up.

So because you hear nothing, it means the club are doing nothing.

That is nonsense. As I said, this is about you, not the club. Get a hobby for the summer and relax, you'll give yourself a heart attack at this rate.

No, you are making this about me. You have failed to address any of the criticisms I have made.

This aint just about transfers though. It seems the club just shuts down after the last game and then the various people responsible for policy come back a month later with ruffled hair and scratching their arses like they've just woken up.

I live an hour and a half away and I have no idea how hard they are or are not working at St Marys and Staplewood, how on earth can you tell from a different continent?

Again, it looks like nothing is happening in an organisation which has operated on a closed shop basis... therefore in your mind it means that nothing is happening. You must surely see how stupid that logic is?

No, you are making this about me. You have failed to address any of the criticisms I have made.

Because this IS! about you Alpine! It's a selfish need and desire for information which is provoking a negative reaction because you are not getting any! There is nothing wrong with how things are right now! Your criticisms are selfishly motivated and utterly without merit.

Again, it looks like nothing is happening in an organisation which has operated on a closed shop basis... therefore in your mind it means that nothing is happening. You must surely see how stupid that logic is?

Nope, I am judging by a spectacular lack of results on any front. Lets assume the kit design is finalised and is being held up by sponsor issues - why has this been allowed to fester for so long ? And what was the excuse last year for the late kit release when aap3 was known somewhat in advance of the kit release ?

Because this IS! about you Alpine! It's a selfish need and desire for information which is provoking a negative reaction because you are not getting any! There is nothing wrong with how things are right now! Your criticisms are selfishly motivated and utterly without merit.

+1 I think he has borrowed one of his kids toys....

So you dont want to know about the kit, the transfers, etc ? Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but some of us do.

It's the 10th June. The season has been finished for three weeks. The perceived lack of information around transfers and kit is consistent with how the club have done things the past few years. I can't see where any level of valid criticism can be levelled by anyone other than someone who is negative and is looking for a moan about absolutely nothing.

Massive overreaction IMO. We are in line with just about every other prem club with regard to signings - Fulham are just about the only club to announce a signing so far. You know as well as the rest of us that the club doesn't comment on transfer negotiations until they are complete so we aren't going to get any 'indicators' from the club, all we are going to get is rumour and speculation, just like every year.

From previous seasons we can guess that the club will gear the launch of the new kit to the date it is available to buy - likely to be the Liebherr cup friendlies - so until those dates are announced all we can do is speculate. TBH the date that the kit is released isn't going to make a blind bit of difference to the club's performance next season.

Good of you to apologise at the end of your rant. I guess you knew instinctively that you are in the wrong.

It's the 10th June. The season has been finished for three weeks. The perceived lack of information around transfers and kit is consistent with how the club have done things the past few years. I can't see where any level of valid criticism can be levelled by anyone other than someone who is negative and is looking for a moan about absolutely nothing.

Whats wrong with the club nailing their colours to the mast and doing things differently for once, especially consider what notorious bad starters we have been historically ?

Massive overreaction IMO. We are in line with just about every other prem club with regard to signings - Fulham are just about the only club to announce a signing so far. You know as well as the rest of us that the club doesn't comment on transfer negotiations until they are complete so we aren't going to get any 'indicators' from the club, all we are going to get is rumour and speculation, just like every year.

From previous seasons we can guess that the club will gear the launch of the new kit to the date it is available to buy - likely to be the Liebherr cup friendlies - so until those dates are announced all we can do is speculate. TBH the date that the kit is released isn't going to make a blind bit of difference to the club's performance next season.

Good of you to apologise at the end of your rant. I guess you knew instinctively that you are in the wrong.

Nope, was expressing regret that some of you would react so negatively to what I feel are valid concerns.

So you dont want to know about the kit, the transfers, etc ? Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but some of us do.

Of course I bloody do, but to say that SFC is run 'like a crappy B+B' because it isn't acquiescing to your desires and immature need for immediacy is so utterly pathetic and childish!

But come June, almost f**k-all is going on.

How do you know what they are doing behind closed doors? Just because they don't announced every last detail of summer activity it is a bizarre step to assume they are doing nothing.

We have no date for the kit release, though I am guessing the club has been negotiating with Addidas for f**king months. I remember even when we were back at the Dell a couple of times the next seasons kit was paraded round the field in the last couple of home games, and the likes of Chelsea and Manyoo can give previews at the beginning of the summer.

Does it really matter? Adidas have said there'll be news about it in June, it'll be on sale in July at the latest. Where is the issue?

We have no indicators of in-bound transfer activity

What "indicators" are you expecting? The club would be daft to announce in detail their summer transfer strategy to the world. Do you honestly think that because we haven't announced a deal by the 11th June nothing is going on behind the scenes. Come on Alpine, can you not see why you'd be ridiculed for such a viewpoint.

though we managed the time to tell 8 players "thanks but f**k off"

So what? Most of them were deadwood caused by the club progressing quickly through the leagues. Which of them are you suggesting we should have kept?

We still have other under contract that are also below the quality we need to be a top half Premier League side. Chaplow, Sharp, Hammond, De Ridder, Tadanari Lee etc and I expect the club to try and sell/loan them out this season.

Not sure why this is relevant.

Does every manager in every department just p*ss off for a month after the last game, like a crappy B&B shutting down for the winter ? IMO, the summer is the busiest time for some of the people at the club.

Rant over, Sorry.

As usual Alpine you have had a rant about numerous things that have little foundation. You say it is run "like a crappy seaside B&B", yet under the current ownership we have seen the club rise from 68th in England to 14th in England in 4 years!

I don't think I've ever seen a post from you that has had a positive slant towards the club! Why is that?

all our potential signings are preparing for the Confederations Cup so uncontactable at the moment

Great sentence. Heres the full version :

all our potential signings are preparing for the (Confederations Cup/World Cup/Euro Finals/Hannuka/Granny Flos Birthday/Ramadan*) so uncontactable at the moment

*delete as applicable

He's a Manic Depressive.

HTH.

I don't believe so. He is just a spoilt child that cannot hack it if he doesn't get what he wants, it's why he cannot cope with Saints innevitably losing football matches here and there... even when everything is in fact absolutely superb (the back to back promotion years for example.)

Utterly baseless. There are thousands of companies providing a service to you right now that are striving to improve, but until there is an end product how does anyone know what work goes on behind the scenes? We'll either sign new players, which you would have to consider is likely, or we won't.

I hate the fact that those who shout loudest probably consider themselves to be the opinion of the masses. If we haven't signed a player or two by the end of the window I'll have my concerns, but I'll see how thing pan put before then. You wave your arms and have a panic attack - I'm sure in your eyes that makes you the better fan but I'm alright with that

Sorry, held off as long as I could, but my natural impatience is getting the better of me...

SFC is supposed to be a year-long professionally-run operation in one of the most celebrated and quality leagues of the best-likes spectator sport in the world. But come June, almost f**k-all is going on.

We have no indicators of in-bound transfer activity, though we managed the time to tell 8 players "thanks but f**k off"

Rant over, Sorry.

You are clueless as to what is going on behind the scenes. It's like the match threads when we go one nill down early on - according to you the game is therefore over, we are useless, its the managers fault, the players fault, the clubs fault, we are doomed and if they had done things your way it would be so much better. Personally I have far more confidence in the club than you seem to.

I don't believe so. He is just a spoilt child that cannot hack it if he doesn't get what he wants, it's why he cannot cope with Saints innevitably losing football matches here and there... even when everything is in fact absolutely superb (the back to back promotion years for example.)

If your definition of "spoilt child" is not having such low ambition and not being happy to stand still as a club because we are back in the PL, then I am guilty m'lud.

Get over yourself.

This is more about a selfish need for information rather then anything the club has done 'wrong.'

I don't think you can ever accuse Alpine of being attention seeking or making a whole thread about him.

You are clueless as to what is going on behind the scenes. It's like the match threads when we go one nill down early on - according to you the game is therefore over, we are useless, its the managers fault, the players fault, the clubs fault, we are doomed and if they had done things your way it would be so much better. Personally I have far more confidence in the club than you seem to.

You should of seen The Ashes last year when we lost it all on day one...hahahha

Care to answer all my questions and points in post #29 please Mr Alpine?

whats the point ? Your comments are all subjective, and you know my opinion about each of them because they are in the original post you responded to. For a couple of them youn say they arent relevant or dont matter, well I disagree.

If your definition of "spoilt child" is not having such low ambition and not being happy to stand still as a club because we are back in the PL, then I am guilty m'lud.

No, you are just a brat.

You havent address the points at all, and now arent even putting any filler around your insults. Not much point in discussing further with you.

I addressed all your points and you ignored my post! I can see why others might not bother if you won't bother responding to the counters to your argument.