[Daily Mail] Saints make formal enquiry to sign Danny Ings

Matthew Le God

Danny Ings is a former Saints academy player, is a Saints fan and his family still live nearby. If we get both Ings and Rodriguez then Burnley fans won't be too happy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2672506/Southampton-want-Burnleys-Danny-Ings-replace-Rickie-Lambert.html

Obligatory Youtube video...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2672506/Southampton-want-Burnleys-Danny-Ings-replace-Rickie-Lambert.html

Graziano Pelle

Danny Ings

Jay Rodriguez

Sam Gallagher

As next season's strike force perhaps.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I think we'll see things start to ramp up now, in and out. The club were good to their word in that they wanted the best deals, which to be fair they've got, and they wanted to wait until after the WC. The club did the deals in their way, and the players want to leave - so not much we could have done.

This is probably going to be quite an exciting transfer window in terms of incoming as well. Danny Ings would be an excellent addition, he's a goal scorer and will score goals at this level - of that I'm sure.

I think we'll see things start to ramp up now, in and out. The club were good to their word in that they wanted the best deals, which to be fair they've got, and they wanted to wait until after the WC. The club did the deals in their way, and the players want to leave - so not much we could have done.

This is probably going to be quite an exciting transfer window in terms of incoming as well. Danny Ings would be an excellent addition, he's a goal scorer and will score goals at this level - of that I'm sure.

He's also younger than I thought. I'll be much happier with the club signing young up coming players with something to prove than older players if I'm honest

I really would like some English blood. Would feel a little sorry fir Burnley if it does come off.

I doubt Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs give a **** about how we feel. Couldn't care less about Burnley, he's a good player and if we want him - make it happen saints.

Rumor has it (from UI board) that Ings is currently having a medical now and signing is imminent. Poor old Burnley if true.........we get shafted by the big boys and we in turn take the best players from teams the same level/level below us.

Unfortunate but the way football works these days.

Bring on the Dutch revolution!

Did you think the same when we signed Jay Rodriguez from Burnley?

No, because when we signed Jay Rodriguez we just got promoted and didn't just finish 8th in the league and sell players for nearly £60m.

I think it's fair to say my view on Saints' status in football is that in the last two years we've made considerable progress to the point I think we can sign better players.

Of course if we signed him I want him to be a world beater but if we're now a club that loses players to the very best in this country then I'd like to think we can sign better players then Danny Ings.

I do hope his Burnley career is not airbrushed from history by the media.

I hope the fact he is an ex - Burnley player is brought up every single time anyone ever talks about him.

What because of the 80 odd appearances he made for them? A real player who grew with the club :facepalm:

Who do you expect out of interest?

A player who has more pedigree and a higher degree of comfort that he can hit the ground running. Basically, a signing that eliminates risk as much as possible. Surely I can't be the only one who thinks that after all the progress we've made over the last two years that going back to Burnley for a striker doesn't seem just a little bit silly? Is this what we are settling for now?

Did you see that thing just go past your head? It was sarcasm.

???

It was an obvious ****** take of those on here who allegedly get their knickers in a twist every time the media doesn't credit us for our role in a former player's development. Never mind the difference between an academy product or someone with a couple of hundred caps plucked out of obscurity and Danny Ings.

Whoosh to you, pal.

Edited by shurlock

A player who has more pedigree and a higher degree of comfort that he can hit the ground running. Basically' date=' a signing that eliminates risk as much as possible. Surely I can't be the only one who thinks that after all the progress we've made over the last two years that going back to Burnley for a striker doesn't seem just a little bit silly? Is this what we are settling for now?[/quote']

You probably need to wait to see what others we sign.

A player who has more pedigree and a higher degree of comfort that he can hit the ground running. Basically' date=' a signing that eliminates risk as much as possible. Surely I can't be the only one who thinks that after all the progress we've made over the last two years that going back to Burnley for a striker doesn't seem just a little bit silly? Is this what we are settling for now?[/quote']

I don't think anything has really changed tbh. As a club, we're only really going to be able to buy the best of the ''next level down'' or unwanted players from the big clubs. It was the same with Jay at the time, as well as Gaston - no disrespect to Bologna. Lovren and Osvaldo were signed as their current clubs didn't want them (and their current clubs would be classed as the next level above us), and Wanyama played in Scotland - so that automatically becomes the next level down! We were never going to go and buy a Lukaku or a Hernandez. The only striker I think would have been kind of gettable is Bony, in terms of fee/club he's at - but Bony is attracting attention of much bigger clubs.

I think players in our remit are good English players such as Chulaker, Redmond, Ings and the like. As well as young foreign talents from similar stature European clubs, such as Tadic.

Would be happy with Ings - scores goals, young, point to prove and a bit of pace as well. Burnley fans think he's a better striker than Rodriguez. I'd rather make signings like this than take an expensive punt on more proven players that probably don't want to be here. In any case I reckon we'd need another two strikers even if we do sign Ings.

???

It was an obvious ****** take of those on here who allegedly get their knickers in a twist every time the media doesn't credit us for our role in a former player's development. Never mind the difference between an academy product or someone with a couple of hundred caps plucked out of obscurity and Danny Ings.

Whoosh to you, pal.

Luke Shaw: 60 appearances.

In other news, Danny Ings is 21 years old. Shame on him not to be up at Neville Southall level appearances by now.

like who? we're a mid table PL side that had one good season the sort of players we are likely to sign are older PL has beens, lower league potentials or unheard of foreigners who want a bite of the PL pie. I'm happy if the club pursues a policy of picking up young players with potential that we develop for a couple of seasons and then move on for profit in the current footballing climate it's the clubs best bet I reckon.

I doubt Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs give a **** about how we feel. Couldn't care less about Burnley, he's a good player and if we want him - make it happen saints.

Yes I know it's dog eat dog, and those above couldn't give two shïts. Just feel sorry for teams, especially those promoted that have dreams and aspirations, like we do/did, that get crapped on from a great height. It's what is wrong with footie. I'd prefer not to be part of that, but frankly that is being naive. If you can't beat them by playing nice, join them in being ****s.

"Ings can only get better"

"Now we've signed youuuuu"

Ings, pelle, Gallagher

Tadic able to cover up top or wide forward. That would be a start. Add kolo the left back and we've spent lallana money and replaced all those who have left. Then we can build

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk