[Daily Mail] Saints make formal enquiry to sign Danny Ings

Matthew Le God

£8m seems a bit excessive for a championship striker with a questionable injury record. I'm sure le Tiss will be running an article in the media soon slamming Burnley for ruining English football with their overpricing of players.

No Danny Ings was :lol:

You seem to be LOLing at something neither funny nor making any sense. Playing an absolute blinder.

Anyway, let's remember I made a little quip earlier and my word you're upset about it. For that I am truly sorry.

Welcome to Burnley's Danny Ings from Burnley FC if you're coming. What a great player for Burnley he has been at Burnley.

You seem to be LOLing at something neither funny nor making any sense. Playing an absolute blinder.

Anyway, let's remember I made a little quip earlier and my word you're upset about it. For that I am truly sorry.

Welcome to Burnley's Danny Ings from Burnley FC if you're coming. What a great player for Burnley he has been at Burnley.

When it comes to playing blinders Strawlock is the Alexander Buttner of mongboards. Probably considers himself poster of the thread in over half his appearances whilst everyone else looks at him and thinks what an utter bellend.

£8m seems a bit excessive for a championship striker with a questionable injury record. I'm sure le Tiss will be running an article in the media soon slamming Burnley for ruining English football with their overpricing of players.

Half the price of Jordan Rhodes. And let's face it, if we do get him, that is the minimum that BFC will need to replace him.

He looked pretty good to me in the FA cup-tie at SMS, but is the premiership a step too far. Worth a punt but don't expect him to hit the ground running. I can see Sharp and Osvaldo starting at Anfield:?

god you really are on a downer aren't you. My advice, step away from the net, get a beer and chill.

???

It was an obvious ****** take of those on here who allegedly get their knickers in a twist every time the media doesn't credit us for our role in a former player's development. Never mind the difference between an academy product or someone with a couple of hundred caps plucked out of obscurity and Danny Ings.

Whoosh to you, pal.

And that explains your misguided attempt to :mcinnes: CB Fry how? You should try to not overreact at everything, pal.

Not really, Small Fry, just pointing out what a plum you look in your apples and pears comparison - you've certainly perfectly the halfwit sneer.

Anyway, like you, I propose a toast to Danny Ings, a true Burnley legend whose Bournemouth lineage is rivalled only by the handful of seasons he spent at the club. Ingsey, proud scorer of 27 all-conquering league goals for the claret and blue. Hail Burnley - you made him the player he is today.

Edited by shurlock

Not really, Small Fry, just pointing out what a plum you look in your apples and pears comparison - you've certainly perfectly the halfwit sneer.

Anyway, like you, I propose a toast to Danny Ings, a true Burnley legend whose Bournemouth lineage is rivalled only by the handful of seasons he spent at the club. Danny Ings, proud scorer of 27 all-conquering league goals for the claret and blue. Hail Burnley - you made him the player he is today.

Dear me. In your flailing desperation to land one on me you are now taking the exact standpoint of the people only a handful of posts ago you were dismissing as "getting their knickers in a twist".

There, there Strawlock. Only Southampton FC ever contribute to a players development. Just us.

I mean, Danny might as well spent the last three years in traction, or a coma, for all the good they've done him. Jesus. Thinking about it I effing hate Burnley now. They've, like, ruined Danny Ings.

PS. I didn't make any "comparison" - just you wetting your pants.

What I done was a joke I done.

Edited by CB Fry

should be a done deal if we want him. In an era where clubs dont stand in the way of players 'going home' and all that

about £4m should do it and they should be greatful too

:scared:

The "comparison" police are going to be right up your arse now, TDD.

should be a done deal if we want him. In an era where clubs dont stand in the way of players 'going home' and all that

about £4m should do it and they should be greatful too

:scared:

You would think so but Ingsey, Burnley legend, is an adopted Lancastrian, stuck with the club through thick and thin -well mostly thick. If he does move, I hope the press reminds us that he did so with a heavy heart.

Edited by shurlock

You would think so but Ingsey, Burnley legend, is an adopted Lancastrian, stuck with the club through thick and thin -well mostly thick. If he does move, I hope the press reminds that he did so with a heavy heart.

So was my "comparison" wrong or not, then, being that you are now basically doing exactly the same joke?

With far less panache of course, but we knew that anyway.

It's obvious we're interested, I think now pre-season is almost upon us this will accelerate. Didn't Les Reed say we had no contact from clubs back in May for our players? Exactly. Doesn't mean the club isn't interested, they're probably waiting until our sales have gone through before making an official approach.

Ings and Pelle as our 2 striking additions for the summer, to compliment Gallagher and Jay - not bad, more fire power than last season if we're honest (Write Osvaldo off, as I don't think he was ever really here!).

Burnley co-chairman John B told Clarets Mad: "We have had no enquiries from Southampton, or any other club, regarding Danny Ings and we would not welcome any."

I imagine most clubs feel the same about their star players:rolleyes:

Les Reed (25th April); "“We want to retain the players we’ve got. They are all contracted. They all have existing contracts and we intend for them to honour those contracts. Any enquiries we get will probably be met with a ‘no – not for sale’."

Would happy with this signing, not ecstatic, more hopeful, but certainly happy. Assuming we also get Pelle, we're back to a decent compliment of strikers. Will we see another on top of them as JRod remains injured for half a season? It'd be nice. Depends on what we do with Osvaldo and Mayuka I suppose.

4m for current England international who has scored 15 goals in each of last 2 prem seasons

8m for unproven player who did okay in championship last season

What did we pay for J-Rod in the same circumstances ?

Then again, what did we pay for Osvaldo :?

Give us names then ones that would want to come to saints of course. Also how many of our strikers in the last two seasons were proven PL strikers when they came to us?

If we are picking championship players I'd rather go for Jordan Rhodes.

But like I say with 50m plus to spend I wouldn't be looking at that league anyway. I'd try and get Hernnandez from man utd. Michu, Boney etc. Plenty of people who imo are better. It will just cost more.

If we are picking championship players I'd rather go for Jordan Rhodes.

But like I say with 50m plus to spend I wouldn't be looking at that league anyway. I'd try and get Hernnandez from man utd. Michu, Boney etc. Plenty of people who imo are better. It will just cost more.

You really think any of them are interested in coming to saints Michu is a injury prone mess at the moment, Bony(though I would love him to come here) says he will only leave Swansea for a big club and Hernnandez would probably **** himself with laughter at the thought of playing for a club like saints. As for Rhodes over Ings that's a bit mad really.

People need to get a grip we are a mid table PL side any really good players (either already at the club or at other clubs) would rather be elsewhere we won't get top class proven PL players we have to hope our scouting network can source hidden gems from the lower leagues or abroad. Players who will use us as a springboard into the PL. Then we have to get used to the fact that if they turn out to be any good they'll ditch as the first opportunity. We can still have a decent team but we have to take risks on players with potential like Ings.

Compared to the players we are losing Ings is in nowhere near the same class.

We need strikers who have top level experience and can hit the ground running from day one, especially given that the first two month we need to get points considering the horrendous run later on.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Compared to the players we are losing Ings is in nowhere near the same class.

We need strikers who have top level experience and can hit the ground running from day one, especially given that the first two month we need to get points considering the horrendous run later on.

Like who? who are these top level, experienced, players gaging to come to saints?

4m for current England international who has scored 15 goals in each of last 2 prem seasons

8m for unproven player who did okay in championship last season

Lambert coming to the end of his career.

Ings is 21 and was the Championship Player of the Year last season, a bit better than 'okay'.

For £8M he would be a sound investment imo.

Lambert coming to the end of his career.

Ings is 21 and was the Championship Player of the Year last season, a bit better than 'okay'.

For £8M he would be a sound investment imo.

Exactly we will be quids in when we sell him to Liverpool for three times as much in a couple of seasons time.

When do you think RonKo said "Get Danny Ings"?

I am not sure he would fit into our system. Burnley play a traditional 442 with a little and large front line. We play one up front, would Danny Ings be able to play as a lone striker? He is a great worker and has scored an impressive amount of goals but I would be surprised if he was for us. Same goes for Jordan Rhodes who some on here bang on about. No way he could play as a lone striker, his movement is non existent.