Saints vs WBA Build Up Thread

nta786

Right, onto our next game, one I can see us winning :) I hope!

Same team as last time for me, except Taider for Davis, and possibly Shane Long for JWP.

Anyone know if Gardos is available? Him too then.

Hopefully we continue our performance from Liverpool game onto this one!

Prediction- 2-0 :)

Same team as last time for me, except Taider for Davis, and possibly Shane Long for JWP.

If we play like we did against Liverpool then I reckon we'll absolutely batter them. Think Gardos said he's out for a couple of weeks so probably won't be available. Might have some new signings too!

I'm predicting 4-0: JWP, Tadic and a brace from Pelle!

If we play like we did against Liverpool then I reckon we'll absolutely batter them. Think Gardos said he's out for a couple of weeks so probably won't be available. Might have some new signings too!

I'm predicting 4-0: JWP, Tadic and a brace from Pelle!

Very much looking forward to this! And after the performance on Sunday, what a first home game this could be! :D

COYS! Lets get three points in the bag and obliterate WBA along the way! We could start to build up some serious momentum here! :D :D

Very much looking forward to this! And after the performance on Sunday, what a first home game this could be! :D

COYS! Lets get three points in the bag and obliterate WBA along the way! We could start to build up some serious momentum here! :D :D

Play like we did yesterday, we will win

trouble is, WBA are bound to be coming to keep it tight.

I would probably start Long in place of davis.

same team, other than that

thought Skrtl marked Pelle well at Anfield, hope he gets more joy against lesser defenders

thought Skrtl marked Pelle well at Anfield, hope he gets more joy against lesser defenders

Agreed, same team, Long instead of Davis or Ward-Prowse. And we'll win.

Agreed, same team, Long instead of Davis or Ward-Prowse. And we'll win.

Someone would drop JWP?!

Said last season I wanted him in the Davis role and still do. More freedom for a brilliant footballer.

Forster

Clyne Yoshi Fonte Bertrand

Wanyama Schneiderlin

JWP

Tadic Pelle Long

With Tadic and Long free to swap wings. Similar performance level and we could destroy WBA. Take nothing for granted in this league but the goal potential is there.

That's what I would pick as well. Hopefully Gaston is available too for the bench.

Someone would drop JWP?!

Said last season I wanted him in the Davis role and still do. More freedom for a brilliant footballer.

Forster

Clyne Yoshi Fonte Bertrand

Wanyama Schneiderlin

JWP

Tadic Pelle Long

With Tadic and Long free to swap wings. Similar performance level and we could destroy WBA. Take nothing for granted in this league but the goal potential is there.

That's what I would pick as well. Hopefully Gaston is available too for the bench.

JWP won't be dropped. He had a decent game and his set peices will be vital against a team we're going to have to break down. Pelle didn't get much change out of Lovren and Skrtel, hopefully he'll have more joy against a weaker defence.

I'd keep it unchanged, but if there is to be one I wouldn't mind Long for Davis with JWP moving back into Davis' position.

JWP won't be dropped. He had a decent game and his set peices will be vital against a team we're going to have to break down. Pelle didn't get much change out of Lovren and Skrtel, hopefully he'll have more joy against a weaker defence.

I'd keep it unchanged, but if there is to be one I wouldn't mind Long for Davis with JWP moving back into Davis' position.

This will be a tough game as West Brom will no doubt come and try to keep things tight. We struggled to break them down last season with only Gaston's great flicked pass opening them up. Need to get support to Pelle much quicker than we did at times yesterday. Would be nice if Long comes back to haunt his old club, pretty sure he scored the winner for Hull when they played West Brom last season.

This will be a tough game as West Brom will no doubt come and try to keep things tight. We struggled to break them down last season with only Gaston's great flicked pass opening them up. Need to get support to Pelle much quicker than we did at times yesterday. Would be nice if Long comes back to haunt his old club, pretty sure he scored the winner for Hull when they played West Brom last season.

Want to see a good opening SMS game, after Sunday's disappointment (we were worth at least one point)..

BUT. the players (especially the new ones) need to get the atmosphere at SMS. Pelle needs to get at least one goal to get the fans on his side, and we need to see a solid back line (with Gardos) ASAP.

We have more than enough midfielders to choose from, and they need to start scoring. Last season Steve Davis managed 2 league goals, Schneiderlin 2 and Ramirez 1.

Pitiful when you consider that Fonte, Lovren and Yoshida managed 6 goals between them. Midfielders should look to score 3-4 goals each . An average /good Prem.striker does well to get 10 in a season.

.......and Pelle won't be chalking up quite so many (compared to RL - who scored penalties, too).

Want to see a good opening SMS game, after Sunday's disappointment (we were worth at least one point)..

BUT. the players (especially the new ones) need to get the atmosphere at SMS. Pelle needs to get at least one goal to get the fans on his side, and we need to see a solid back line (with Gardos) ASAP.

We have more than enough midfielders to choose from, and they need to start scoring. Last season Steve Davis managed 2 league goals, Schneiderlin 2 and Ramirez 1.

Pitiful when you consider that Fonte, Lovren and Yoshida managed 6 goals between them. Midfielders should look to score 3-4 goals each . An average /good Prem.striker does well to get 10 in a season.

.......and Pelle won't be chalking up quite so many (compared to RL - who scored penalties, too).

Hold your horses here West Brom will park the proverbial bus and we will have to go around it.

Which may be a tad more difficult than you lot imagine.

I would still expect a win but only 2-1, a brace from Long :) but a cock up from Forster which allows Boruc to come in the next game.

No Bearsy it is not a euphanism.

Hold your horses here West Brom will park the proverbial bus and we will have to go around it.

Which may be a tad more difficult than you lot imagine.

I would still expect a win but only 2-1, a brace from Long :) but a cock up from Forster which allows Boruc to come in the next game.

No Bearsy it is not a euphanism.

I'd keep it unchanged, but if there is to be one I wouldn't mind Long for Davis with JWP moving back into DJavis' position.

JWP 'MoM' in today's' Guardian

I'd keep it unchanged, but if there is to be one I wouldn't mind Long for Davis with JWP moving back into DJavis' position.

JWP 'MoM' in today's' Guardian

Could be out for up to a month :(

http://www.sport.ro/stranieri/gardos-e-gata-sa-distruga-tot-pentru-a-fi-vedeta-in-premier-league-ce-l-a-impresionat-in-prima-zi-la-southampton.html

Could be out for up to a month :(

http://www.sport.ro/stranieri/gardos-e-gata-sa-distruga-tot-pentru-a-fi-vedeta-in-premier-league-ce-l-a-impresionat-in-prima-zi-la-southampton.html

Two of those weeks are for an international break, so if it really is a month he'll only miss the West Brom & West Ham league games and Millwall in the cup.

Plus he was in training with Saints last week, so a month does seem a long time for him to return to games. The Saints interviews last week suggested it would be one or two weeks.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Two of those weeks are for an international break, so if it really is a month he'll only miss the West Brom & West Ham league games and Millwall in the cup.

Plus he was in training with Saints last week, so a month does seem a long time for him to return to games. The Saints interviews last week suggested it would be one or two weeks.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Agree with others who have said it, Long to come in for Davis with JWP dropping back into Davis' role in midfield - thought he was great when he dropped back there in the 2nd half.

-------------FORSTER-----------------

CLYNE---FONTE---YOSHI----BERTRAND

-----JWP---WANYAMA---MORGAN-----

TADIC--------PELLE-------------LONG

Subs: Boruc, Hooiveld, Stephens, Cork, Taider, S.Davis, Isgrove

Agree with others who have said it, Long to come in for Davis with JWP dropping back into Davis' role in midfield - thought he was great when he dropped back there in the 2nd half.

Yup - would go with this. Tadic 1-0

Yup - would go with this. Tadic 1-0

This reminds me of the Wigan game 2 years ago, after a narrow defeat to a top team, a game we think we should be winning.

Yep, same. Also has a similar feel to the Sunderland home game last year, 2nd game of the season as well I think? Drew 1-1 with a last minute header from Fonte I believe, that was a damn slog against what was at that point, and utter utter dog **** Paulo Di Canio team.

This reminds me of the Wigan game 2 years ago, after a narrow defeat to a top team, a game we think we should be winning.

Yep, same. Also has a similar feel to the Sunderland home game last year, 2nd game of the season as well I think? Drew 1-1 with a last minute header from Fonte I believe, that was a damn slog against what was at that point, and utter utter dog **** Paulo Di Canio team.

ffs, i was starting to believe.

I can only imagine WBA will come to shut up shop, which was something we did pretty well against last term

ffs, i was starting to believe.

I can only imagine WBA will come to shut up shop, which was something we did pretty well against last term